“BEST DOG OF MY LIFE”

Kona Dog Food Truck
Cuisines: American, Polynesian, Hawaiian, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Description: While we search for a newer Hut location, we remain completely mobile! Check out our Twitter feed and Facebook page for upcoming locations – we’re available all the time! Come, enjoy a flavorful, some fresh squeezed lemonade, and relax to the relaxing music of the Pacific. We look forward to seeing you!
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
“BEST DOG OF MY LIFE”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

My husband and I were vacationing in FL and we wanted to try fun and good tasting new places. Hula Dog fit the bill! Friendly service and a yummy lunch! It's not just your average hot dog...you have the option of adding fresh fruit, special sauces, and it's on a Hawaiian style bun. If you need help choosing, the staff is very friendly and makes good recommendations. The dog is a fantastic lunch option as it fills you up just right without making you feel bloated. I would highly recommend this to anyone!

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank ScoboScobs

Nisswa, Minnesota
“Glad I went!”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Ok - found this on tripadvisor and thought it was weird so worth a try - Glad I did! Tasty, odd hot dogs with strange sauces that were DELICIOUS. Next time I am settling back, ordering a bucket of beers and trying a couple.

Cranston, Rhode Island
“Made a hot dog lover out of me.”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I am generally not a hot dog fan at all. When planning for a trip to Orlando, I kept an eye out for restaurants and deals in the area. I bought a Groupon for Hula Dogs for 50% off and thought I’d give it a try because it sounded different. I can’t tell you how many times my friends and I had driven by this particular shack and not once noticed it on the very busy road until it came down to when we finally decided to visit. It is a small shack on a main road with outside seating only. But they have extremely large picnic tables, some with shade. I was pleasantly surprised at how great it was! The huge all-beef boar’s head hot dog was stuffed inside a sweet, Hawaiian bread. You had several different combination sauces to choose from. The owner’s were offering samples to try which was helpful. Extremely filling, but oh so delicious! Very worth trying. We even visited a second time during our stay and when I visit Orlando again, I will be sure to visit again. The owner’s are very friendly as well. You have the option of a hot dog, a sausage dog, or a veggie dog. Then you get to pick a Kona sauce of either Original (Garlic-lemon), Spicy, or Hot. Then you have four choices of a fruit sauce and then a mustard. My favorite was the original with pineapple sauce and pineapple mustard.

1 Thank stellaluna85
belfast
“not sure- didnt hate or love it (maybe we have plain tastes in ireland)”
Reviewed July 23, 2011

have to say im not sure what i thought of this place i just felt it was a little to much and my dog was very sweet. I had mango sauce on it and the garlic original sauce with mustard. I will go back when next in orlando to give it a 2nd chance.

Islamorada, Florida
“SOOOOO GOOOODDDDDDDDD SO YUMMY!”
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Oh man oh man, let me tell you about hula dog! I am never going to Orlando again with out going here before i leave! Take this tip from me, on the board where you choose the kind of hot dog you want, it says boars head sausage (spicy) , Its not spicy , but it is super good, it really suits all the other fruits and flavors alot better than the regular hot dog option on there and it's alot bigger. I couldnt make my mind up between any of the fruits so the girl gave me all of them on the side and they were alll sooo goood! This place is awesome, closest thing i've found to Dogma in miami. DEFINITLY GO HERE! Not to mention its super easy on the pocket and it's litterally one block from wet n wild, so instead of eating in the park just eat here.!

• Visited June 2011