“Great Venue”

Basketball Transportation: Orlando Magic NBA Basketball Transfers
Ranked #16 of 438 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Amway Center, which hosts major national events, concerts and family shows opened in the fall of 2010. The facility is owned and operated by the City of Orlando on behalf of the Central Florida community. The Amway Center was designed to reflect the character of the community, meet the goals of the users and build on the legacy of sports and entertainment in Orlando. The building’s exterior features a modern blend of glass and metal materials, along with ever-changing graphics via a monumental wall along one facade. A 180-foot tall tower serves as a beacon amid the downtown skyline. The 875,000 square foot, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certified building features a sustainable, environmentally-friendly design and unmatched technology. Amway Center was honored with TheStadiumBusiness Awards’ Customer Experience Award, named SportsBusiness Journal's Sports Facility of the Year and recently won the IAVM Venue Excellence Award.
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We attended a game at the Amway. The facility was nice and clean. We were a little confused on how the sections are numbered ; however, the staff was very helpful. We found prices in the venue to be high, but within the range one would expect in a venue like this.

Come early to avoid the jam heading into the parking garage. We will return

1  Thank CEWAIT

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Love the Amway center it's been rated the number 1 venue in the entire country multiple years on a row. Love coming when there's nothing really going on to walk around.

1  Thank kjn927
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Amway is a great venue to attend shows. I've lived in Orlando for 7 years and have loved coming to Amway. Today I encountered an employee that was completely inappropriate. When on my way to the restroom the usher named Raychelle (working in section 208 on 7/22) said "hey girl why don't you bring me back some food" when I declined she said "please! I'm really hungry". I declined again to which point she said "I'll love you if you being me food!" The 2nd trip to the bathroom I walked by and said "hi" and Raychelle replied "ain't you say hi to me you didn't bring me no food!" This put a sour taste in my mouth for Amway as a whole. I hope that Raychelle is an anomaly in the service that Amway provides to it's guests.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Ample parking and helpful employees make this a great place to see any show. It is near downtown Orlando and is safe to walk to with a group.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

It's a classic city concert venue. Plenty of parking is available all around the venue. But it was a little confusing with all of the long lines. Park in the garage where you can access the building from a land bridge instead of having to walk curbside after the show is over.

The seats were not too crunched together and the acoustics were ok,