“Å great arena”

Amway Center
Ranked #5 of 72 Concerts & Shows in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Amway Center, which hosts major national events, concerts and family shows opened in the fall of 2010. The facility is owned and operated by the City of Orlando on behalf of the Central Florida community. The Amway Center was designed to reflect the character of the community, meet the goals of the users and build on the legacy of sports and entertainment in Orlando. The building’s exterior features a modern blend of glass and metal materials, along with ever-changing graphics via a monumental wall along one facade. A 180-foot tall tower serves as a beacon amid the downtown skyline. The 875,000 square foot, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certified building features a sustainable, environmentally-friendly design and unmatched technology. Amway Center was honored with TheStadiumBusiness Awards’ Customer Experience Award, named SportsBusiness Journal's Sports Facility of the Year and recently won the IAVM Venue Excellence Award.
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We went to see Paul McCartney there last night. Everyone we encountered inside and out was pleasant, helpful and friendly. The young security people outside keeping the lines in order and directed were just so nice while they did their jobs. The ushers who directed everyone to their seats, were all pleasant, smiling and helpful. The gentlemen that was selling beer in the stands was too funny as he directed us to the different bars to purchase drinks other than beer. I went down to the floor to get a picture and the security at the bottom was pleasant, helpful and friendly. Then another security person assisted myself and my friend, who was up in the stands trying to get the picture. He went and got the camera and took the pictures saying that you just can't good pics from that far away.
The center was immaculate as well. Bathrooms, floors, escalators, stairs; everything was so clean, lots of trash and recycling binds available. It was a such pleasure.
Thank you to all you wonderful people who made our concert so much fun!! Amyway Center, you should be proud, you have a terrific crew of people on your staff!!!

2  Thank nlcwsparkle
There are newer reviews for Amway Center

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Amway center was an average arena I expected a lot more around the area but came up short. The inside has a wonderful design and looks pretty new. Overall its just average nothing great about it. Now I know why Dwight left ORL for LA.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We went to watch the Heat @ Magic and was lucky enough to snag some last minute tickets in the Legends Suite.

The Amway center is located in the centre of Downtown, straight off the I4 and opposite the train station which is great.

We found all the staff were friendly and helpful, showing us where to go in the maze that it is. We found the we couldn't get an escalator to the corporate level, there's only a lift. We also found out that after the game was done, this was a nightmare as there was no other way out other than the stairs!

The place looks super modern from the outside and like a great mall on the inside. A far cry from all of the rickety and breezy stadiums in Europe I've been to.

When we got into the suite all beer, wine and soft drinks were included though spirits weren't which was a shame. The food was of a much better quality than we thought it would be. Though they had the standard dogs, burgers, nachos, etc there was also the choice of Hand carved prime rib, garlic mash and veggies, salads and a whole host of great food we really didn't expect. In the final quarter they then brought out a great selection of deserts.

We felt that the lay out of the suite area could have been a little better. At the front there's around 6 or so tables seating for where you can watch the game and behind these, bar top tables however you couldn't see the game from here as they are set too far back. That said we were lucky enough to grab one of the tables at the front, so we didn't bother taking our seats.

After the game we headed up the the Sky Bar at the top of the Amway. They were some overpriced drinks but the view was excellent and it gave us chance to light up a cigar and finish the night.

We had a great night and will be taking up this option again.

1  Thank PeaPodAdventures
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We went to Amway center to take 15 year old to see Taylor Swift for the second night of her Orlando show. Walking into Amway we were greeted by happy and smiling employees. That is always a huge plus for me. They cheerfully welcomed us to the center and directed us to our section. This place is very pretty and bright and clean. Bars and restrooms are plentiful. Vendors for food and souvenirs were thoughtfully placed throughout. Beer was pricey as were mixed drinks, but that is just about everywhere. There are security and other center personnel constantly walking around everywhere making sure things are safe. It is a really nice, adequately sized place with very helpful and friendly staff. I bought the tickets online through a broker without having ever visited the venue before, as I am from Houston, Texas. Needless to say I was nervous that the view would be obstructed or the seats would be far away, etc. Let me just tell you-- I was extremely satisfied with the seats. They were in section 110, row 6, which puts you in the lower bowl directly in front of the performer. Of course the venue is set up differently for each event, so check before buying tickets. From my seat, it appeared that even people who were seated in the upper bowl/promenade level had a great view of the performance. I also like how there are attendants at each door to the seating areas to ensure that other people do not go into the seating area unless they actually have seats in that area. The sound quality was outstanding for this show. I cannot comment on the parking situation because we took our hotel shuttle to the event. The shuttle did not pick up. We did have a lot of trouble getting a cab back to our hotel. Apparently if you are staying 'too close' to the venue, the cab drivers waiting outside of amway and the surrounding streets will often refuse to provide service. They seek fares that are further away such as near Disney. Our hotel (Doubletree downtown) was by no means close enough to walk back to and it took a long walk through dark streets to finally find a cab to the hotel. This cab driver told us of the reasons why people were having trouble getting cabs to the closer hotels. I know that this review is not about cab woes in Orlando, but I do think it is helpful to know to plan your transportation ahead or drive yourself. It was still a wonderful time at Amway, seats were great, employees were great and the child was beyond thrilled with being able to be that close to see Taylor Swift.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Amway Center is a great place to watch concerts or go to Magic games. I have sat in all kinds of seats & I've always had a great view for Orlando Magic games.The people that work at Amway Center are really nice & helpful If you need directions to find something in the arena. Its a state of the art arena & way better than the old Amway Arena. Parking is not that bad around the arena, you can park close by for $10 & have a short walk or park at the Geico garage for around $25. Traffic after games or concerts can get really bad but I've never waited more than 15 minutes between arriving at my car & hopping on I-4.

1  Thank Bleinenbach407