“Ole!”

Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: W Wetherbee Road
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Sometimes, you end up having the perfect night, when all you thought you were doing was going out to dinner. That happened to us last night at Ceviche House.
It began on Open Table when I entered Saturday evening at 7 to get some dinner ideas and Ceviche House came up. We'd had Ceviche in Costa Rica and this restaurant advertised Argentinian Food. Well, I never had Argentinian food... So I clicked the reservation button.
We got kind of dressed up only to show up to this restaurant in a building that looks like it used to be a Friendlies or Dairy Queen on a part of the Orange Blossom Trail that may have seen better days. Uh Oh...
Not to worry, Ceviche House may not look like much but we walked into a party. My Spanish is good enough to be dangerous, and it was obvious we were the only non-Hispanics in the room. We couldn't have been made to feel more welcome and among friends. Our simple dinner turned into a celebration of life. Our host sat us in front of the stage where a Flamenco troupe from Spain was dancing, playing guitar and singing. (They perform every other Saturday night, according to my Spanish, you might want to check.) We sang, my wife danced, we clapped and I was asked to make the announcements over the microphone in Spanish to great cheers from the crowd of families from Columbia, Mexico, Peru and Argentina. (Again, with my Spanish, they could have been from Columbine, Montreal, Pawtucket and Andalusia). The highlight? Whenever someone walked up and put money in the band's tip jar we all broke into a version of the Spanish anthem, Ole, Ole Ole! Life was a celebration last night.
Oh yea, the food was amazing. The Ceviche was tart, fresh and perfect. The dishes were big enough to share, many of the families did. I had a rice and fish dish that was bigger than my head (and wonderful) and my bride had skirt steak smothered in onions.
Every once in a while you have a night that turns into an adventure, you just have to be open to the possibility. Ceviche House, at least last night, was the kind of place where adventure happens.

1  Thank Rick D
There are newer reviews for Ceviche House

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I am a huge fan of peruvian food and I was looking for a good place to eat, and I was super happy to find this place, the food was great!!

Reviewed March 23, 2012

I have been here a few times now and this time was just as wonderful as the previous times. This time I had the Churrasco a la chorrlana (18.95). It is a black angus skirt steak covered in sautéed onions, tomatoes, a pinch of cilantro and white wine. It was very tasty. I will definitely be back again to try other great menu choices

Reviewed February 8, 2012

The food presentation looks amazing and the taste is even better than it looks. The appetizer of baked scallops covered in cheese were tender and juicy. They came in the scallop shell which made the presentation very eye appealing. I do not remember the names of the dishes but they were very tasty. I had a seafood dish with mussels and calamari in a cheese sauce. The seafood was nice and tender.
I should also mention that each table gets some type of corn that comes with a pasty hot sauce for dipping. It is really good. The hot sauce has a nice consistency and just the right amount of heat. The flavor is fantastic.
If you are looking to try something new, the Ceviche House is the place to go. It is small and unassuming.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

This little jewel of a place is worth a visit. My favorite dish is the Chaufa con Carne which is a delish rice dish with steak. It is very similar to having chinese fried rice but at a higher level. They serve a huge plate of it so it can be shared. Also you have a selection of the toppings like seafood, chicken, or steak. They offer a big selection different ceviches. Also served in large portions (perfect for sharing). Check out their website for more menu selections they have a variety of authentic dishes.

Its about 15 minutes south from the Florida Mall in the Southchase Publix plaza. Or if you are in Disney area you can take 535 to 417 to Orange Blossom Tr exit and head north about 2 miles.