“Diverse Menu, Sophisticated Atmosphere and Food Cooked With Finesse”

Spencer's For Steaks & Chops
Reserve with OpenTable
Spencer's For Steaks & Chops is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 3,863 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Florida Center
Cross street: I-Drive and 528 Beachline
Description: Spencer's for Steaks and Chops of Orlando redefines the classic steakhouse restaurant with intelligent preparations and contemporary twists. Featuring USDA prime beef dry aged for 21 to 28 days, hand cut and seared to perfection. Spencer's offers a memorable Orlando dining experience with handcrafted dishes, scratch made cocktails, and a distinctive destination wine list. Knowledgeable servers may also recommend our famous chops, fresh local seafood, and innovative side dishes made with local organic produce. Desserts are made fresh daily embracing the seasons finest flavors. Friendly conversation, timeless martinis and fine wines are featured at The Spencer's Bar. The Orlando bar menu offers a wide variety of our featured items. An evening you will never forget in a destination you will always remember. We are open Tues-Sat from 5:30pm-10pm Sun-Mon: Call 407-313-8625 for availability or make a reservations on Open Table.
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our group of 12 was treated to an array of appetizers, including the best pork belly I've ever had (more bacon, less fat), plump crab cakes, and a rabbit confit cannoli that I wanted to just keep devouring. Being somewhat adventurous in my menu choices, I opted for the ostrich, which Chef Louis Martorano or one of his staff had described as a cross between a prime steak and duck. It was juicy, delicately seasoned, and charred to perfection. Another attendee had the largest stack of lamp chops I've ever seen and was fortunate that she sliced off a hunk for me to taste. The sides were just as amazing. Do not miss their unique mac & cheese, which was tortellini in a creamy sauce and topped by carmelized bacon or their hash brown tart. Then came an array of wonderfully flavorful desserts. This was restaurant quality cuisine in a hotel setting.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

It's just amazing!Especially after 5 days of eating at different "fast dood" rests at amusement parks. I do recommend for those who cares about really good steakes and wonderful service. Wide array of wines is another plus.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Was attending a conference at the Convention Center and my wife and I wanted a good steakhouse within walking distance to our hotel. Someone mentioned Spencer's so we decided to give it a try. From the moment we walked in we felt 'at home'. Heather greeted us with a smile and welcomed us in like it was her own home (and traveling for business like I do, that is hard to come by these days). Originally, we had planned to sit in the restaurant, but once we saw the bar area with the gentleman playing the piano, we decided on sitting at the bar. He played a wonderful selection of music and even took requests.
The bartender, Christine, came to greet us with a smile, and we were completely surprised ---- she was our favorite bartender at the Waldorf Astoria last year. (We had stayed at the WA for a few days before the conference this year, and wondered what happened to her since we didn't see her this trip - and now we know). It was nice to see a familiar face and still can't believe she remembered us from last year. Even asked us how our children were doing.
We decided to relax for a bit before diving into the menu. Christine created an amazing cocktail with peaches, basil and bourbon for myself, and my wife took her recommendation for a riesling.
She was more than helpful with the menu, answering any questions we had about the unique ingredients. We both took her suggestions on food choices. The appetizers were delicious and the steaks, cooked to a perfect medium rare, were some of the best we have ever had (kudos to the chef). We were both too full for dessert but Christine surprised us with a nice box of chocolates to take with us to enjoy later.
Everything about our dining experience in Spencer's was amazing. We enjoyed our talks with Jeff, who played the piano and with the other servers that would come around and ask how we were doing. It was like one big family in there. If you get a chance, check out their wine room. Also, they have a wonderful patio outside to sit and enjoy after dinner drinks.
We unfortunately weren't staying at the Hilton Orlando for this trip (my company had booked us at another hotel for the conference) but we will definitely be coming back to the Hilton Orlando for our next family vacation.
Thank you Heather and Christine for making our dinner a special occasion....and thanks to the entire Spencer's team - we will be back!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Everything about the Hilton Orlando has been great except Spencer's Restaurant "Happy Hour," which they not only advertise about in the hotel, but also in the glitzy magazines. Their "happy hour" is a joke and an embarassment. To start with, the employees (hostess and bartender) don't seem very happy, which is strange because all of the other hotel employees seem to really enjoy being here. Secondly, the $5 drinks and appetizers advertised are a joke. The drinks are only red, white or sangria wine (and the red wine was horrible.) There are only 4 appetizers to choose from, one of which is 1 (That's right - one) shrimp for $5. We actually got this shrimp to see how large it could possibly be, and it had a dark spot on the tail (and wasn't that large to being with.) Another appetizer was a pork belly slider, which turned out to be pretty tasty. My advice is - go to the Tropical pool bar and get your drinks and food.

1  Thank MoonMail
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Some of our guests were happy others not so much. I think for the price there are other restaurants out there.