“Terribly overpriced...”

Spencer's For Steaks & Chops
Reserve with OpenTable
Spencer's For Steaks & Chops is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 3,828 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Florida Center
Cross street: I-Drive and 528 Beachline
Description: Spencer's for Steaks and Chops of Orlando redefines the classic steakhouse restaurant with intelligent preparations and contemporary twists. Featuring USDA prime beef dry aged for 21 to 28 days, hand cut and seared to perfection. Spencer's offers a memorable Orlando dining experience with handcrafted dishes, scratch made cocktails, and a distinctive destination wine list. Knowledgeable servers may also recommend our famous chops, fresh local seafood, and innovative side dishes made with local organic produce. Desserts are made fresh daily embracing the seasons finest flavors. Friendly conversation, timeless martinis and fine wines are featured at The Spencer's Bar. The Orlando bar menu offers a wide variety of our featured items. An evening you will never forget in a destination you will always remember. We are open Tues-Sat from 5:30pm-10pm Sun-Mon: Call 407-313-8625 for availability or make a reservations on Open Table.
Michigan
“Terribly overpriced...”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Had dinner at Spencer's while in town for a conference. My medium filet mignon came out medium well and tasted under seasoned. The bison steak was well cooked but again tastes mediocre. All sides are ala carte and enormous and needed a dinner companion to share. The cucumber martini was superb, while the Bloody Mary wasn't very memorable. Overall, a but too overpriced for the quality of the steak.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“They went out of their way to accommodate my husbands allergy.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We are in Orlando on business and ended up at Spencer's since it is in our hotel. The staff seated us immediately and our waitress Jacki was right over to see us. My husband explained to Jacki that he is allergic to onion and cannot eat grapefruit because of a medical condition. She went right to Chef Kevin and they set to work. Since onions are in all of the sauces we really gave them a run for their money. Instead of the bland unseasoned dish my husband has come to expect, he was presented with ahi on a green papaya salad with cilantro, mint soy, and cilantro. It was fresh, balanced and perfectly prepared. I had the divers scallops on blueberry farro tabbouleh. The whole thing was so delicious. Between the service and the fact that Chef Kevin really cares to prepare food that is not only meets his customers dietary needs but to do it well, I would recommend Spencer's to anyone! Thanks Jacki & Chef Kevin!

1 Thank Blairof6
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Spencer's For Steaks & Chops, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Blairof6,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review. We were thrilled to read about your memorable experience during your recent visit to Spencer's. We have shared your comments with Chef Kevin, Spencer's leadership team and Jacki who greatly appreciate your wonderful comments. It was a pleasure having you as our guests and we certainly hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kindest Regards,
Spencer's Team
Bolton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Steak at its Best”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We are holidaying in Florida and wanted a great recommended steak restaurant, so after reading reviews on trip advisor we decided on Spencer's for steak and chops. Was we disappointed?.... HELL NO!!! This is the best steak I/we have ever eaten.
The restaurant itself is absolutely beautiful, and the atmosphere is very relaxed and perfect if you want a romantic meal.
We however were a party of six, one being my 5 year old daughter.
Our server was Jacky, and she was very attentive, friendly and helpful. She made our dining experience perfect, if we could rate service alone, Jacky is a 5 star!
The food itself is amazingly deliciously gorgeous, we all had the Spencer's Cut which did not fail to satisfy, the steak melted in your mouth and was also addictive, even as I struggled to eat it, I just could not allow myself to leave any on my plate.
If your looking for a bargain deal and are on a budget then you should just keep driving, the steaks are $40-$50 and that's not including sides, starters or even drinks. But if your looking for class and perfection then get your butts right on in.
Massive Hi 5 to all the staff and most certainly the chefs for an outstanding experience/food.

Tampa, Florida, United States
“Incredible food and service!!!!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Jackie, Jackie, Jackie! Our party of four felt compelled to let management know about the incredible service provided byJackie; our server for the evening. She immediated made everyone feel welcomed and struck us as very credible, knowledgeable, and friendly without ever bothering us. We valued her recomendations for food and wine pairing and did it ever pay off! The food was great! We started off with some of the best crab cakes ever; so much lump crab meat and very little filler. Totally recommend starting with the crab cakes!! The filt mignon was perfectly cooked medium rare with great flavor. The spencer cut which was ordered by one of my hungry associates was more than he could finished, full of flavor and notably tender. I was also told that the scallops were beyond belief! Presentation, surroundings, and ambiance were wonderful. I will absolutely return and highly recommend Spencers, and more importantly ask that Jackie be our server. I made it a point to seek out the manager, Pedro who was very appreciative of our comments. It is so nice to see how people take pride in work well done!! Thank you!!!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Bill S
San Francisco, California
“Not bad at all!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton during my biz trip and this steak house quite convenient for biz dinner. The oysters and the steaks were good. Our waiter is very attentive and knowledgeable the menu.

No complains from anyone, especially we can just roll ourselves up to the room after the huge meal...

Visited April 2013