“YOU'LL GO BANANAS HERE !!!”
Review of Bananas Modern American Diner - CLOSED

Bananas Modern American Diner
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Marks & Mills
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Its an American fare dinner from breafast to lunch to late night on the weekends. I ahve eaten here about 6 times and the sevice and the food is great.

1  Thank michaeldab

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I brought my friends here, hoping for the show, but I guessed I mixed up the days. Anyways, we weren't all very hungry, so we decided to split a few things. We ended up with a basket of fish and chips, chicken and waffles, hot wings, and a milkshake. I don't know how my friend liked the wings, but everything else was RAVED about! The fish was cooked perfectly, and just fell apart in your mouth, and the chicken and waffles were to die for! We ended up getting hungry just by trying the food. We didn't want to waste a bite!

I wish I could say something about the entertainment, but I'll have to try that another time. The atmosphere was great though, the waitress wonderful and everyone was very helpful and friendly.

I made sure to give my thanks to the chef before leaving, and I can't wait to go back again! We're all talking about maybe trying the Sunday Gospel show one day soon!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I love the concept of the late night diner and we don't have a lot of those here in Orlando, but Banana's doesn't really live up to the hype. The inside is cute but it's difficult to find a parking spot, unless you want to valet. The menu is fun but the food is nothing exceptional. If you are looking for a healthy option, go someplace else. A member at my table ordered the chicken and waffles and they warn you that it takes a minimum of 45 minutes to make. We asked them why and they said they have to clean out the fryer every time. Doesn't really seem very efficient. Service was decent but not worth the price point.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I heard great things about this place before trying it (with a groupon) but I did not get all the hype. This place is not bad, it just didn't live up to what I heard about this supposedly original and "fun" diner. If you are a health nut like me, there aren't many good options for you. I tried the crab benedict and that, I must say, was really great! My husband got a burger that was pretty good but the problem was that our other guests were not as impressed. One guest got the strawberry french toast and it looked disgusting - it was literally nothing more than toast with a strawberry syrup substance smooshed in between. We went a little later on a week night and I think we were the only people there so that may be why the place lacked any "fun" for us. I know the brunch is supposed to be much better and the drag show on another night of the week may make it a better experience. Worth trying once with a groupon but I just don't think it's that big of a deal.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

When dining at Bananas, let your pre-concived expections go. Service will be from fast to slow, food quality will be hit or miss. But overall it's a fun place to go. The service staff (generally in drag) is always fun and does their best to ensure a good experience. If you book your reservation near the time of the drag show, you're in for a treat!

1  Thank MCOGG