“Overpriced and Inedible. Entertainment was so-so, but not worth the time.”
Review of Wantilan Luau

Wantilan Luau
Ranked #35 of 71 Concerts & Shows in Orlando
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Overpriced and Inedible. Entertainment was so-so, but not worth the time.”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Really bad food. Cheese in the Kimchi, really?? Mai Tai's had no liquor in them, however there was beer - which they put away before the show had ended.

The entertainment was okay, however not acceptable considering the ridiculous price we paid!

Save your time and money, do something else!!

Visited August 2013
3 Thank brianwon

30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Terrible food”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I can't recommend this place. The show was ok but the food was horrible. On top of that, this place is expensive. Don't waste your money here. I can even begin to compare with an experience when I visited Hawaii.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank 643ccm
Evansville, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“3rd time to go!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was researching and comparing the Wantilan vs Disney's Polynesian Luau in order to plan our spring trip to Orlando. We've attended the Wantilan 3 times now. Once just my husband and I and twice with our son. Besides the price being high for our budget we LOVE to attend this luau. I would agree that the Mai Tai's are very week but the food, we thought, was outstanding! The we loved the show and fire dancers. I had read enough and done enough research to know that I need to get there early in line to get a good seat. Your ticket 'gets you in the door' so to speak. Your place in line gets you your good table. There was plenty of food, plenty of drinks coming to the table and great service from our table host. We have not had the opportunity to attend a 'real' luau in Hawai'i. If you are like us and won't find yourself there any time soon but want to get a "glimpse" of what a luau is 'like'. You really should give the Wantilan Luau a try!

Visited March 2012
6 Thank russellmomma3
Richmond, VA
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Can't Recommend It”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Royal Pacific and attended the Wantilan Luau. If you have ever been to Hawaii and have gone to a real luau, you will be disappointed. It was very expensive, the food ranged from ok to not very good, the Mai Tai's were very weak and not very tasty - it didn't even taste like a Mai Tai. The wine selection was not very good either. The entertainment was ok. My BIG problem here was that immediately after the luau, the main performers go to the pool area of the hotel and do their big tricks (fire) there. I think I would have rather sat by the pool and watched the show from there.

Visited July 2012
6 Thank klever7
Cleveland
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Do not attend the Luau!”
Reviewed May 31, 2009

We were fortunate enough to stay at the Portofino Hotel on the same property as this hotel and although I can not write a review on the hotel I would like to comment on the Luau at this resort...DO NOT ATTEND this event unless you would like to be highly disappointed and leave hungry! We made our reservation almost 2 months in advance and upon our arrival we waited in line for approx 1 hour only to find out this we were all the way in the back. I asked a manager about this since others at my table had made their reservation that day and I was told it was first come first serve (in the hour long line!) so WHY was I told I had to make a reservation in advance to guarantee a good seat? In addition, I believe I paid approx. $150 to attend this event in which I was told it was "all you can eat" after makiing a few plates for my family (small children and spouse) upon my return to the buffet table I was told they would NOT be bringing out any more..WHAT?!!! Anyway, the entertainment was ok but the rest of the night was a total mess. Unorganized, horrible food and an overall disappointment! On a side not we sat with 8 others who all felt the same way....never again!

25 Thank jchannell