“Harry Potter experience”

Ranked #1 of 425 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: There are many ways to enjoy your Orlando vacation, but there is only one place where vacation becomes adventure: Universal Orlando Resort. It is a unique destination featuring two theme parks, Universal Studios Florida and Universal's Islands of Adventure, three magnificently themed on-site hotels and a nighttime entertainment complex. It's the only Orlando destination where you are not just entertained - you become part of the most exhilarating entertainment ever created. You can soar above Hogwarts with Harry Potter, swing above the streets with Spider-Man, battle aliens alongside Agent J, and help Shrek save Princess Fiona in Shrek 4-D. Now open: the new, heart-warming and hilarious Despicable Me Minion Mayhem ride. And coming soon: Transformers The Ride-3D. Universal Orlando Resort is part of NBCUniversal, a Comcast company.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Stroller parking
Wigan
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Harry Potter experience”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

A wonderful family orientated place to visit. The rides are fantastic and the trip through the hall is amazing, and the best bit was trying the Butter Beer. Even people who aren't Harry Potter fans will enjoy this outing. The buildings and scenery are magnificent. I know that the cost of visiting Universal is not cheap, but we got a two day pass so we could do Harry Potter one day and go back to do the rest of the park later on.

Visited April 2013

• Turkish first
Goldsboro, North Carolina
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Potter Fans Will Love It”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My kids are not big Harry Potter fans but we had to see what the ride was all about. The theming for this ride is great but the ride itself no so much.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“short cut”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The queue for this ride can be long, however if you are prepared to go as a single rider then the way to cut the queue is to go into their gift shop and there is an entrance on left side into locker rooms. Walk straight through there into the queue part and ask staff for entrance for single riders, you go up some stairs, and follow ropes to the ride. There was a 70 min wait in the regular line when I went, but going as a single rider I was on the ride within 5 mins. I love this ride, i would get off then go back into single rider line again and do it again, maximum time I have waited was no more than 10-15 mins.

2 Thank darlingtonpaula69
Wisconsin
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“As good as I'd hoped- early admission was just ok...”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Just got back from a 3 day trip to Universal with my husband and had a great time at Hogwarts! Went there on Thursday in the middle of the day as we experience the whole Islands of Adventures park. Seeing the castle in the distance was so exciting! I was not disappointed by the details and quality of the sets they designed- and trust me I was looking! The entire area is fairly small and very crowded. There isn't much area to sit down and just take it all in which seems to be the main problem. I would have loved to spend more time doing just that but there wasn't anywhere to do it. Ate at the Three Broomsticks which was fun but the food is nothing special. Service is cafeteria style and we ate outside because it was too loud and crowded inside. There is an attached bar area which was quieter and you could get a real beer which was nice. Butter beer was really good and even better spiked with some rum (from home!)! Enjoyed wandering around the shops and looking at all the little details in the windows. Wished there were more areas to go into, but as it is there are plenty of real shops including the joke shop, candy store and a few souvenir shops. There was always a huge line to go into Ollivander's wand shop although you could buy wands and many other shops (I think you can actually get one chosen for you at Ollivander's which was the draw). There are a few live shows including students from the other wizarding schools performing, although I don't think they are allowed to have any actors portray Potter and his crew. I didn't find myself missing that though. The rides are great- Dragon Challenge is a pretty intense roller coaster with two different tracks, Hippogriff is a more tame (but still fun) kid coaster and of course there is the Forbidden Journey ride in the actual castle. The ride was awesome!! I was surprised by how scary it was (not for really young ones). The ride was not exactly what I expected in that I thought the ride would be more of a coaster which takes you through the castle, but the queue line is when you actually get to see the rooms in the castle. The ride is a 3D adventure ride. We went on it twice- the first was on a Thursday afternoon, and the wait time was listed as 60 min. We actually waited about 45 minutes. Keep in mind you can't use Express Pass for this one. The wait was really not an issue though because they did an excellent job with the queue system. You are virtually always walking and there is always something to see. Part of the line goes through the "greenhouse"- outside under a covered area where you can see mandrakes!- and the rest takes you through parts of the castle. I think a shorter line would actually take away from the experience of seeing everything (and I HATE lines). The second time we did the ride was in the early morning as part of the early admission perk we got for staying at the Hard Rock (we got in an hour early). The rest of the park was closed at this time so everyone is making a beeline straight for Harry Potter. Literally, some people are running. It was nice from the standpoint of being about to take pictures with a lot fewer people crowded around, however we found the wait for the Forbidden Journey ride to still be about 30 minutes because everyone heads right for it. Based on that I didn't think it was really worth all the hype to get there at 8AM.
Had a great time and can't wait to come back when they built the second part of Potter world including a train ride between London and Hogwarts and a new ride in Gringotts bank vault!!

2 Thank digreg06
New York City, New York
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Not a Harry Potter fan, but....”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I am not a Harry Potter fan, but I was accompanying someone who is a Harry Potter nut. The fact that we had to get entrance tickets that were like 6 hours long was annoying, but it gave us the time to check out the rest of Islands of Adventure... which wasn't much. Anyways, once we got in, we really did step into a different world. It was cool, seeing all the architecture. The Butterbeer was cream soda with whip cream, don't listen to those Harry Potter fanatics tell you it is "amazing" or the "best drink ever."

Visited December 2012