“Amazing”

Ranked #1 of 428 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: There are many ways to enjoy your Orlando vacation, but there is only one place where vacation becomes adventure: Universal Orlando Resort. It is a unique destination featuring two theme parks, Universal Studios Florida and Universal's Islands of Adventure, three magnificently themed on-site hotels and a nighttime entertainment complex. It's the only Orlando destination where you are not just entertained - you become part of the most exhilarating entertainment ever created. You can soar above Hogwarts with Harry Potter, swing above the streets with Spider-Man, battle aliens alongside Agent J, and help Shrek save Princess Fiona in Shrek 4-D. Now open: the new, heart-warming and hilarious Despicable Me Minion Mayhem ride. And coming soon: Transformers The Ride-3D. Universal Orlando Resort is part of NBCUniversal, a Comcast company.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Stroller parking
Lafayette, IN
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

If you are a Harry Potter fan this is a must do. We specifically went here prior to our cruise (which actually left out of Miami) to experience the park. Biggest advice is to get there right when the park opens and go right to the Harry Potter park of Islands of Adventure.

You first walk into Hogsmeade which is stunning. Even though it was 90 out the "snow" on the buildings gave a cool feeling. The shops were fun to just walk around and look at the detail they put into it. We went on the Forbidden Journey twice in a matter of 45 minutes. There was virtually no line when we got there. The queue is detailed and we took time walking through it even no there was no line. The ride itself is unique - I've never been on anything like it before.

The Butter Beer was amazing! They do have two different kinds - one is frozen (like a slush) is one is more of a cold drink. They were both awesome. I wish they would re brand the entire park to make it all the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Cleveland, Tennessee, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“See review for Islands of Adventure...”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

All I have to say is every Harry Potter fan should visit this place and have a Butter Beer. It is an experience that will bring out the kid in everyone. Even if you don't ride the main attraction, going through the castle is a must experience. Take time to enjoy all the details put into it.

Visited May 2012
Panama City Beach, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Don't miss Harry Potter at Universal”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We love Harry and thoroughly enjoyed this enchanting adventure at Universal! From breakfast at Three Broomsticks to the ButterBeer barrel wagon, our visit was delicious and full of fantasy and fun. You truly feel like you stepped into a Harry Potter novel. All the shops are spot on with details to trick you into thinking you are at Hogwarts! Just amazing and worth the price of admission.

Colchester, VT
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Long wait but SO worth it!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was my first time here and I was so excited! It is very very crowded here but that's expected. I was amazed at how well they portrayed the Harry Potter village and castle. It really felt like I was back in the book! I felt like a little kid. First we went to the Three Broomsticks to eat. My boyfriend had the ribs and chicken with corn on the cob dish which I wish I had ordered! I had the fish and chips which was not good if you have had good fish and chips before. But the ribs and chicken would be the way to go. We had butterbeer!!! Everyone has to try this! The joke and candy shops were great, just so crowded to walk through. The castle ride was the best part. Honestly, the best ride I've ever been on and I am a roller coaster guru! It was a two hour wait with lots of chaos at the locker stop but well worth the wait! The part of the line that goes through the castle was very cool, a real Harry Potter experience with 3d holographs of Hermione, Harry and Ron wow! The ride was AMAZING! Most fun ride ever! It really felt like we were flying on brooms with Harry! The Duel Dragons roller coaster was also great and so fast. Good job Orlando!!! Thanks for a great time!

Visited March 2013
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“What a Great Time”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I went to a private party at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and what a great time we had. There was about 1500 of us and we were able to ride all the rides as many times as we could stand. The castle ride is by far the best ride I think I have ever ridden! The village is just like the movies. The wand store was great! We arrived at around 7 pm so we got to see the transition from day to night and that alone was something. I might have a different view if it was hot and I had to wait in lines but it will go down as one of the best experiences ever!