“Bloody Brilliant”

Ranked #1 of 421 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: There are many ways to enjoy your Orlando vacation, but there is only one place where vacation becomes adventure: Universal Orlando Resort. It is a unique destination featuring two theme parks, Universal Studios Florida and Universal's Islands of Adventure, three magnificently themed on-site hotels and a nighttime entertainment complex. It's the only Orlando destination where you are not just entertained - you become part of the most exhilarating entertainment ever created. You can soar above Hogwarts with Harry Potter, swing above the streets with Spider-Man, battle aliens alongside Agent J, and help Shrek save Princess Fiona in Shrek 4-D. Now open: the new, heart-warming and hilarious Despicable Me Minion Mayhem ride. And coming soon: Transformers The Ride-3D. Universal Orlando Resort is part of NBCUniversal, a Comcast company.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Stroller parking, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Land O' Lakes, Florida, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Bloody Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We took my son for his tenth birthday. He is a huge fan of Harry Potter and has read the books several times over. The attention to detail is amazing!!! The area is not huge and it was very crowded but it was worth it. Bring your patience with you. They have amazing souvenirs that you will find no where else. My son bought his special birthday wand at Olivander's. For an inexpensive souvenir you can buy postcards there and have them postmarked out front. If you let them know that it is your birthday at Honeydukes they give you a free cauldron cake. Also because it was his birthday they gave us a pass to the front of the line at the Hogwart's Castle. Hogwart's Castle was amazing!!!! A little scary but soo fun. Helpful hint- drink the butter beer After this ride- not before! The frozen butter beer is better and it is very rich and not cheap so consider sharing some. The Flight of the Hippogriff ride was awesome too. The third ride we did not go on and I forget the name of it- he was not tall enough. He was disappointed but still had an amazing birthday! There is a cart that sells butter beer in the street- if the line is too long- you can get it inside Three Broomsticks in the back. Stop by Guest Services and let them know if it is your child's birthday. Ther rest of the park was just okay compared to this. We can't wait to go back!

Visited July 2012

• Turkish first
Gothenburg, Sweden
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Yep, it's all they say it is!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I was blown away by the amount of work put into this place - so much so that I could almost ignore the fact that I could not move for all the people there. My best tip is to go there first thing (literally, run there) in the morning or for the last open hour of the park. The hogwarts ride is amazing (but scary for kids). You cannot access it with the express passes so we waited in line for more than 2hrs during the day. At 9pm however, you could walk straight in. And as someone mentioned below, the locker system is the worst ever - do a bag swap instead! In spite of all the people, I would go here ten times again. For a Harry Potter fan it can't get any better!

3 Thank Hildans
Mumbai (Bombay), India
791 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,030 helpful votes
““Incredible””
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

The queue is too long but the wait is really worth. The ride is the most amazing ride. I luved it. One of the best ride in the park.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank Nins_12
Toronto, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“over rated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

There was really nothing there other than a few stores and a ride. Overly crowded to purchase Butter Beer and Harry Potter wands etc.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank jdell1
Birmingham, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I went to Orlando with my children for this ride...we had anticipated that it would be great having experienced how wonderful Disney and Universal are. We were blown away, this ride exceeded all expectations and we went on it so many times I lost count!
Travelling with a one year old at the time, we experienced no problems as we used the parent swap facility which enabled us to go on the ride without having to queue twice. The bonus of this was our elder child got to go on twice each time!
If you suffer motion sickness I would be prepared to fel il when you come off but if you can cope with the sickness feeling afterwards I would definalty recommend you go on it.
I am scared of roller coasters and this ride is billed as a simulator but it does move around, nothing as strenuous as a coaster but not what I would expect a simulator to be!
Fantastic ride, cant wait to go again!

Visited October 2012