“Stay away!”

Gator Golf And Adventure Park
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Terrible place!! The gators are not taken well taken care of, the exhibits were empty, and the place smells terrible!!! Not to mention the course is falling apart!

3  Thank Melissa O

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Right outside of the hotel, so thought we'd give it a try. Baby alligators out the front and larger ones out the back where the course is. Price was on par (if you pardon the pun!) with other courses on I drive. Other courses appear better maintained with better equipment - the grip came off my club while playing. Having played other courses on and around I drive if I were to play again I wouldn't play here.

2  Thank emma_k_evans
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I played this course over the weekend. It was insanely boring, we actually wanted to leave by the time we got to hole #10, but it's kind of like a prison in that there is no way to escape. The "obstacles" consist, at most, of a piece or two of 4x4 landscaping timber placed on the well-worn green. As someone else mentioned, just skip right past this place and go to Congo River Golf about a mile west at the base of the big round hotel. There's no comparison.

3  Thank eli_lilly
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The place does not have adequate drainage and after a hard rain 90% of the holes are flooded. I mean inches of standing water making the holes unplayable to the point of downright unsafe. I voiced my opinion to the staff asking why the were not closed and why they continue to allow people to keep paying to play. Their response, " at least they were only charging the kids rate!" I asked for a manager and he was conveniently not there. Will never return.

3  Thank MimsTheWord
Reviewed June 30, 2013

As a couple who find gators fascinating, we had heard a lot about Gator Golf and decided to go.

We arrived and at the entrance there is a little pond with baby gators in it that you can see before paying to go and play golf. The water was absolutely filthy and this area backed right into International Drive where passers by could just look over a short fence and see them. We were so shocked by how neglected these gators looked that we decided to give it a miss. When we walked back later that night, the place was closed and we wondered if the gators would still be in the same water, totally accessible to anyone walking by - and they were! I couldn't believe that they are just left in this disgusting water where passers by could throw anything over the little fence (I'm talking 1m high between the sidewalk and getting into this water) and it just felt so wrong. We never made it any further than the entrance on our visit because the animals are neglected and the man who runs the place doesn't appear to care about them - he boasted to a young boy that he could come back the next night and sit on an adult gators back with its mouth taped shut, the photos of which made me shudder with how cruel it looked.

Also - we came to Orlando last year and did the Boggy Creek airboat tour, where they have little baby gators. After the girl went on and on about how well cared for the gators are, we asked what they did with them when they have grown up, ie let them go into the swamp, keep them and care for them, but no, she told us they go to gator golf on International Drive, how sad!

All I can say is I'm so glad I didn't give these people a penny of my money, those poor gators are in awful surroundings.

3  Thank Lauryn M