“Fantastic Breakfast Spot”

Dixie Belle's Cafe
Ranked #46 of 4,283 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Southern Style, homecooking at it's best, kid and dog friendly. Breakfast and lunch.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went on a very busy Saturday morning. They definitely move people through. Service was quick *and* accurate.
We had a breakfast sandwich, chicken and waffles and we split a *half* order of biscuits and gravy. The sandwich has two eggs (cooked to order), meat and cheese. I ordered mine on toasted sourdough. Everything was perfectly cooked. The white gravy has large chunks of sausage in it. Great job.
My wife's chicken and waffle were likewise perfect.
Thanks to the waitress for telling us a whole order of biscuits and gravy would put too much food on the table for my wife and me. She was correct. Portions are quite large.
Parking could be an issue but even on a Saturday, we found a place to park.
There are 8 booths, 12 4-tops, 3 2-tops and 6/3 seating at the elevated bar.
They take cards.
Well worth the 30-minute drive for us.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ordered grilled chicken with two sides and biscuit. Grilled chicken portion was a small dry tough hockey puck. Collard greens and blackeyed peas were good. Their sweet potato biscuit they brag about is nothing to brag about. Meatloaf dinner has a generous portion but looks unappetizing and tastes just OK. The cornbread muffin was unlike any cornbread muffin I’ve ever experienced, definitely NOT TRUE SOUTHERN. Another in our party ordered banana nut pancakes which looked great and received no complaints.

If I returned I would order off breakfast menu knowing that their biscuits are not true southern representation of a biscuit.

If I ordered lunch it would only be the vegetables knowing they charge $2.39 per order and receive a small portion.

One last note - when paying and asked if everything was ok I mentioned the grilled chicken was terrible and not fit to eat. Her response was “ I’m sorry, but was the service good “. Unacceptable response from the girl at the cash register. No offer to have the manager come and respond to my complaint. I assume that if the service is good the food doesn’t need to be.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank RobertCW85
Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

I came in for an early lunch and was not disappointed. I was seated right away and service was friendly throughout the meal. I asked the waitress for a recommendation and went with her suggestion of the fried chicken fillet. I was very happy with the choice. The chicken was cooked perfectly with a crispy outside while the meat was still tender and juicy inside.
Overall, a great meal in a great little restaurant. The place filled up while I finished my meal and I can see why: good food at a good price with friendly service.

Reviewed October 25, 2018

If you are looking for a non-chain breakfast before catching your flight - this is where to go. It's sticky and local. That means it's good. They make a sweet potato biscuit that is unique. I had it as an egg and cheese sandwich which had the sweet and savory components that I enjoy. Everything seems to be homemade here. If you hit it at the wrong time there seems to be a line. Also don't be surprised to see people holding hands and praying before eating.

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Traditional southern breakfast diner. This restaurant is convenient to Orlando airport, about 10 minute drive. The staff was very friendly and accommodating for our large group. Waitress was wonderful. All the food was excellent.
The only negative was no changing table in either bathroom. Even putting a screen up in the hallway the cushioned bench would be adequate for changing without being in view of customers eating.