“Not True Southern Cuisine ”
Review of Dixie Belle's Cafe

Dixie Belle's Cafe
Ranked #46 of 4,283 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Southern Style, homecooking at it's best, kid and dog friendly. Breakfast and lunch.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ordered grilled chicken with two sides and biscuit. Grilled chicken portion was a small dry tough hockey puck. Collard greens and blackeyed peas were good. Their sweet potato biscuit they brag about is nothing to brag about. Meatloaf dinner has a generous portion but looks unappetizing and tastes just OK. The cornbread muffin was unlike any cornbread muffin I’ve ever experienced, definitely NOT TRUE SOUTHERN. Another in our party ordered banana nut pancakes which looked great and received no complaints.

If I returned I would order off breakfast menu knowing that their biscuits are not true southern representation of a biscuit.

If I ordered lunch it would only be the vegetables knowing they charge $2.39 per order and receive a small portion.

One last note - when paying and asked if everything was ok I mentioned the grilled chicken was terrible and not fit to eat. Her response was “ I’m sorry, but was the service good “. Unacceptable response from the girl at the cash register. No offer to have the manager come and respond to my complaint. I assume that if the service is good the food doesn’t need to be.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank RobertCW85

Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

I came in for an early lunch and was not disappointed. I was seated right away and service was friendly throughout the meal. I asked the waitress for a recommendation and went with her suggestion of the fried chicken fillet. I was very happy with the choice. The chicken was cooked perfectly with a crispy outside while the meat was still tender and juicy inside.
Overall, a great meal in a great little restaurant. The place filled up while I finished my meal and I can see why: good food at a good price with friendly service.

Reviewed October 25, 2018

If you are looking for a non-chain breakfast before catching your flight - this is where to go. It's sticky and local. That means it's good. They make a sweet potato biscuit that is unique. I had it as an egg and cheese sandwich which had the sweet and savory components that I enjoy. Everything seems to be homemade here. If you hit it at the wrong time there seems to be a line. Also don't be surprised to see people holding hands and praying before eating.

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Traditional southern breakfast diner. This restaurant is convenient to Orlando airport, about 10 minute drive. The staff was very friendly and accommodating for our large group. Waitress was wonderful. All the food was excellent.
The only negative was no changing table in either bathroom. Even putting a screen up in the hallway the cushioned bench would be adequate for changing without being in view of customers eating.

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Today was our first experience at Dixie Belle’s and what a delightful experience it was. They are known for their biscuits and they were fresh and a good heavy biscuit just as it should be. They are also known for their Sweet Potato Biscuits which were magnificently awesome. We also order Eggs Florentine, veggie omelette, fried catfish breakfast, bacon waffle (bacon cooked inside and on top) and the Dixie Deuce which is served with 2 eggs, choice of bacon or sausage and 2 pancakes. The pancakes were large and springy which was quite nice.
The staff was friendly and comfortable with everyone. Our server was Kim and she was friendly and playful and served us pretty well. The restaurant was really busy with people waiting to get in, but we were seated within a few minutes. There is seating indoors and outdoors too. We do recommend this restaurant and we will be back. The menu has everything you could want for breakfast so there is something fir everyone.

Date of visit: October 2018
NancyB4451, Owner at Dixie Belle's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2018

I am so happy you loved your breakfast! Thank you for your kind words and come back often!