“Excellent food ,outstanding service .”
Review of Greek Flame Taverna - CLOSED

Greek Flame Taverna
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sand Lake Rd and Dr. Phillips Blvd
Reviewed March 28, 2013

One of the best restaurant in town if not the best . Delicious food ,amazing atmosphere I guess is a family owned and defenetly u get the feeling that you are part of the family .
The service outstanding ,our service STELLA made us feel so special I recommend for everybody to request her .
Defenetly we will be back .

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We love Greek food, and this is definitely one of the better places we've been. Its located in a small store front in a strip mall. But don't let that dissuade you. Inside, its very nicely decorated, clean, terrific service and wonderful food. In addition to many of the staples of Greek restaurants, they specialize in seafood. We started with the traditional Greek salad and grilled octopus. The octopus was so good, we ordered a second plate. Next, we had a whole grilled bronzini (Mediterranean seabass) that was served with lemon wedges and an herb-infused olive oil dipping sauce. It was simply, perfectly prepared and amazing. We, also, had the lamb souvlaki. Again, perfectly seasoned and prepared. They have a very nice and reasonably priced wine list consisting of all Greek wines. It was a very nice meal. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Horribly overpriced for what you are served. I made the mistake of ordering the lamb kabob. Which is $20, it was 4 measly chunks of lamb and 4 small slices of vegetables. It was insulting for what you were given for the cost, HUGE RIP OFF!!! I literally asked the waitress where the rest of it was and she pretty much dismissed me by saying that's how they make it. Not to mention she was so preoccupied with a table next to us (i think it was the owner) that the service was horrible. Never checked in on us or even bothered to even really provide any service. She was just was so worried about the next table over. I found this the worst dining experience I have had in a long time. I would advise others to spend their money elsewhere.

2  Thank NickyTheEar
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We visited the Greek Flame restaurant and would have walked out but were there with friends and couldn't. We ordered wine...it was served warm as they did not have what we requested and the alternate was not chilled. After many requests we finally got an ice bucket that was chilled but had no ice. It took nearly an hour to get the wine and almost as much time to get tzatziki for an appetizer. My Greek salad had no flavor. The dressings on the side was weak and delivered in a small bowl with no spoon (it took 15 minute to get one). It was supposed to include lamb souvlaki which was not brought with it and had to be reordered, arriving 15 minutes after everyone's meal. My husband's chicken souvlaki was over cooked and had no vegetables - just dried out flavorless chicken. This lunch took over 2 hours. We will not go back!

1  Thank barbsi2003
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Came here by mistake, but so happy we did.

We originally were going to a sandwich place in the shopping area but it was closed, so we decided to try this place.

We started off with a bunch of appetizers and I got a Chicken Gyro w/a greek salad as a side.

Fried Calamari: Cooked absolutely perfectly, and the best calamari i've ever had. A MUST try
Grilled Octppus: Tender and also done perfectly. Just the right amount of seasoning
Dolmates. I believe there are 4 and comes with tzatziki. Very very good
Hummus: It was ok, better when you add olive oil in my opinion
Grilled Calamri: a bit too much seasoning, hence a little salty
Chicken Gyro: Very good and the dressing with the greek salad was the best i've had.

Overall, a wonderful lunch and amazing greek food. I'd highly recommend this place and wish it was in NY so i could eat here more frequently.