“Relaxing great place for lunch!”
Review of Cantina Laredo - CLOSED

Cantina Laredo
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Great food! Great service! Yummy queso... My husband and I really enjoyed a quiet lunch here on a Friday.

There are newer reviews for Cantina Laredo

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I eat here every other Friday night. They have the best Rib Eye in town and my wife gets the Tampico. We generally sit at the bar and eat as the bartenders are super friendly and very attentive. We have hosted large groups here and everyone has enjoyed this place. I am not generally a Mexican Food type of guy (The Steak) but I am impressed with this restaurant. There are many options in the area and we keep coming back. My wife has beautiful green eyes and I will be the Ogre eating the steak. Should you see us on Friday and found this review helpful come and say Hi!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

My wife and I often eat at this restaurant in Tampa, which is GREAT! I have rated the one in Tampa five stars. When I went to the Orlando restaurant it wasn't as great. I took my son and his wife, who live in Orlando, to this restaurant to give them a taste of what the Cantina Laredo is like in Tampa.
My son is allergic to seafood and nuts. When we went in we talked to the waiter, who sent the manager over to assure us that seafood is not cooked on the same grill with other items. In fact, when I got the final bill the printout specifically mentioned that my son was allergic to seafood.
My son and his wife ordered specialized enchiladas, an avocado enchilada and a chicken enchilada, with fancy names, which I do not remember. The standard enchilada plate here is $9.95, theirs were more like $12. My guests were enthused with their food. They plan to return and share one order, and my son eats a lot. I tried some of my son's enchilada, which included a wide assortment of squash and spinach and it tasted good--several days later when I left Orlando to drive home, I called in an order of the chicken enchilada to take home for my wife to try.
I usually order a cheese enchilada with beans and rice when we eat in Tampa, and got the same entree here. There were numerous problems with my order. When my cheese enchiladas arrived, the waiter, who had not given me a choice of sauces, had ordered the standard one, which came topped with a meat sauce. I do not eat red meat, but was going to eat it anyway, until I tried my beans and rice—both were cold. So, I called the waiter back and asked him to replace the sauce on the cheese enchilada with ranchero sauce, and of course also make sure my beans and rice were heated. The manager came over a few minutes later and apologized.
When my replacement dinner came, of course it was very hot and perfect. While I was waiting on my order I continued to munch on this restaurant’s warm chips and two dips.
After our meal the three of us split the restaurant’s special dessert, apple pie placed on a sizzling skillet, topped with butter-brandy sauce, and then a scoop of home-made cinnamon ice cream placed on top. My guests protested that they were too full for this, but when the waiter prepared it at the table and they got one taste, they reconsidered and eagerly helped me finish it up. The manager had warmed us not to order the restaurant’s home-made brownies with ice cream because they had walnuts in them and might trigger my son’s allergies.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Not sure about the authenticity, however outside of the San Angel Inn, perhaps the best Tex/Mex in town. The tableside guacamole is excellent. Usually the margaritas are pretty good, this time they were watery and almost tasteless. The fajitas were good.

The service on this visit was very average. The restaurant was virtually empty and yet the server felt he needed to bring a tray full of very dirty dishes and plop down nest to our table and clear our dishes, basically disgusting.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We really enjoyed the table side guacamole. There was so much that I didn't order anything else. My husband had a plate with mixed selections. I tasted the tamal; the ratio of meat to meal was just right.