“Day pass visit”

The Ritz-Carlton Spa, Orlando, Grande Lakes
Ranked #1 of 69 Spas & Wellness in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: Escape to The Ritz-Carlton Spa, Orlando, Grande Lakes, a luxurious spa where the soul is nourished, the spirit is revived, the body is transformed and the path to a more satisfying sense of well-being awaits. Few luxury spas in Orlando can claim treatments as homegrown as those our spa creates from the herbs grown in the resort's organic garden, from the honey produced by our resident bees, or the citrus fruit plucked from local orchards. Revel in nature's beauty while enjoying our signature service - a "zero gravity" massage performed as you sway gently in a rocking hammock, delivering you into true tranquility.
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

The spa is very clean. The dry sauna, jacuzzi and steam room are large and well maintained. Reception is courteous and helpful. The standard assortment of luxury teas and snacks are available. I recommend purchasing the $30 resort guest day pass. There is a lovely pool outside with comfy cushions and attended lunch and drink service available. I will attach a photo of the pool.

5  Thank Reasonable50

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Ok so you think the Ritz very fancy
First if all most spas you want to arrive early especially at a Hotel, so you have enough time to get ready for your service.

First things first you have to valet or self park and the the spa will reimburse you

The spa is a ways to walk from either hotel Ritz or Jw, it is in the middle of them both

Spa
You check in when you walk in, then a greater comes and gets you and you have your choice of walking up the stairs or elevator , very busy stairs and not wide enough for two people

The greater brings you to an area where she gives you a key to a locker and shows you the amenities

Now the problems I saw, the greeting section is also where you are supposed to relax
So for me there was to much talking around the relaxing lounge area .
Lights were to bright, seating was very worn
They need a separate relaxing area away from the greeting area.

Needs to be remodeled , way to much sink and hair dryer room
Not enough changing rooms, only two changing rooms
So you could see woman trying to get dressed under a towel
They looked very uncomfortable

Need new lockers , beware some keys to the lockers open other lockers
It happened to me

Shower area no wear to hang your clothes or robe, it really needs a woman's touch or a woman to design it

The other amenities were nice , sauna , steam, whirl pool

The best thing besides the massage was the shower by the whirl pool aka hot tub
That shower was the best, don't be afraid to go in nude the glass is so you can't see in
It had so many shower heads it was wonderful

Ok the patio ok what patio, they need to switch sides with the men
The patio upstairs is so small, they need a bigger patio or a private one

They serve hot tea and snacks , they need healthier snacks
They have a cafe ,but did not use it
It would be nice if the cafe delivered to the spa relaxing area , I asked and they said you had to go to it, who wants to get dressed and it's co- ed

The staff was fantastic, they do add on20% but they do ask if that is ok

Make sure you book your time at the spa so you can enjoy the whole day
Because all the amenities come with a service ( check you may have to spend a certain amount)
Pool, sauna, steam etc.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I had the most amazing massage and facial from the same therapist. She was so professional , knowledgeable and really listened to my needs. I instantly felt comfortable with her warm and gentle spirit. I was able to stay in the same room for both
treatments so I didn't feel rushed. It was an incredible experience and I will definitely return to this spa when I visit Orlando. Ask for Deidra , she was PHENOMINAL

Reviewed November 13, 2013

A friend and I visited the spa at the Ritz Carlton the day following our completion of the Disney Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon for a full day of pampering and relaxing our achy muscles.

The experience did not disappoint. We had massages, facials, lunch and pedicures. Afterwards we took advantage of the hot tub, sauna, serenity deck and the lovely (and very quiet pool.)

They had discontinued the package we had purchased, but thankfully honored what we had scheduled. Our original package was supposed to come with a drink to enjoy during lunch, but the person working the front desk insisted that no such thing existed (I wish I had taken a screen shot of the package before it was discontinued, as we both know it was included.)

It was expensive relative to other spas, but the facilities were immaculate and there were many relaxing options for us to pick from. In terms of facilities, the only miss I would say is that the staff could have done a better job keeping up with refilling the cold towels and cucumbers in the hot tub/ sauna area, and picking up the dirty towels from around the pool.

One drawback from the entire experience was the feeling of being judged by the staff members before and after our spa experience. Mind you, I would hardly consider ourselves riff raff, however I felt that because we arrived in workout clothes (knowing that we were going to the spa and hanging out in a robe anyway), we were viewed differently by the front desk staff, who provided us directions to the spa via the OUTSIDE of the building, not walking through it.

Overall I would say it was a great and very relaxing day, with very talented massage therapists and facialists. I wish that the spa employees would have honored our package in its entirety and the hotel employees treated us with greater respect, but the amenities and services themselves were quite enjoyable.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

My mom and I had 50 minute massages at the spa this week. We showed up 5 minutes late but never felt hurried. My advice would be to show up early as before your service there is a bit of a process involving lockers/changing into robes and you don't want that to cut into your service time.

One hitch, the spa seemed freezing temperature wise so if you're touchy about that, plan your wardrobe accordingly.

My mom is visually impaired and found the spa to be very dimly lit. When her massage therapist learned of her disability, she immediately offered my mom her arm and confidently whisked her off, explaining where they were going and what was going to happen next. This attitude was HUGELY appreciated as anyone who is visually impaired or travels with a visually impaired guest can attest that it is hard to find such endearing and understanding in this world sometimes.

My massage was wonderful, and afterwards we both sat in the spa's awesome seating area sharing stories and a cup of tea, really bonding over the experience, so for that the spa gets two huge thumbs up.

We wished we had been able to spend a longer period of time there as I understand that as part of our service we had access to all of the amenities that the spa has to offer (sauna, steam room, private pool, cafe, etc) but that will have to wait for the time that I do not have a seven month old to attend to. :)

Right now from Monday thru Thursday the spa offers 15% off of services for Florida residents so be sure to inquire if that applies to you.

Go, you will not regret it!

1  Thank Hosalito