“Wekiva River Paddle”

$85.60*
Econlockhatchee River Kayak Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Adventures in Florida is known for its amazing kayak and canoe tours down scenic rivers, crystal clear springs, and their Full Moon paddles. Visitors have excellent opportunities to view and photograph alligators, manatee, dolphin, and countless wading birds in their natural wild areas.For the more adventurous, Adventures in Florida offers week long paddling expeditions to the Everglades, Florida Keys, Okefenokee Swamp, Suwannee River, Exuma Islands and many international locations.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 24, 2013

On Sunday, June 23, 2013 five of my girlfriends and I journeyed from Fort Myers, FL to Orlando for a long fun filled girls weekend. We wanted to paddle the area but had no clue where to go. I saw Gregs web site and contacted him in hopes of getting some suggestions. Greg was so receptive to my inquires and offered to set up a paddle for us at the Wekiva River. His expertise of the area, wildlife and horticulture was amazing! Having resided in FL for the past 11 years, I thought I had seen it all. The paddle was never boring. Every turn in the river brought new wonders. We constantly were saying "Wow....how beautiful it this!" Greg was a great guide and took special care of us and even provided a riverside lunch. The 10 miles paddle down river was over way too fast! He then transported our kayaks back to our launch site! I can't say enough of what a profession person Greg was and we all plan to return again in January 2014!!!!!

1  Thank Diane12345155
There are newer reviews for Adventures in Florida

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Greg, our guide, made this trip fun, easy, and memorable. I traveled with a group of fellow adventurers to explore this area of the state. Greg welcomed us and shared a wealth of knowledge, expertise, and friendship as we paddled downstream and took in the sights. We had the best time with the best guide and outfitter in the area. Wonderful introduction to this part of the state. I will definitely return or book another trip with Greg and his company!!!

1  Thank Colleen P
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The Band of Bikers (BOBs) from Fort Myers Florida visited the Orlando area with no expectations of activities; other than we had planned on being active. The weekend was full of much fun and activities; wine tasting, grape stomping, bicycling, food, drink and fun. THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE WEEKEND WAS KAYAKING THE WEKEVA RIVER WITH GREG THE GUIDE. THERE ARE SO MANY WORDS TO DESCRIBE THE GUIDE: DEPENDABLE, RELIABLE, PROMPT, CONSIDERATE IN RETURINING PHONE CALLS AND KEEPING US UPDATED WITH DIRECTIONS, ORGANIZED AND AWARE OF THE IMPORTANCE OF WATER SAFTEY AND RESPECTING THE ENVIRONMENT. The kayak trip down the river was absolutely beautiful and challenging at times. We saw many large alligators, birds, a manatee, a snake, a spider,and turtles. I heard my first Pig Frog. Thank you so much Greg for being so cool to hang out with. I feel like you are a true ambassador of Florida.

1  Thank Deb P
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Greg was our guide today. I rented a kayak through his site in advance. $30 was a great deal for a nice sit in kayak that was delivered to the site on time. Greg knew a lot about the plants and animals in the area. We saw gators, birds and turtles. Our time kayaking was wonderful. Greg brought a table for our picnic and brought some nice goodies to share. He helped everyone in and out of our kayaks when desired. I wouldn't hesitate to have him as a guide again.

1  Thank Pam F
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The best way possible to spend a day! We took a kayak trip down the Wekiva River. The owner and guide, Greg Pflug, was incredible. He could answer all of our questions about our surroundings and made the trip enjoyable and fun. He was great with both the experienced and the brand new kayakers.If you are looking for a fun way to spend a day, night or even a week, I highly recommend using Adventures in Florida!

1  Thank Kristen S