“Good food”

Ranked #284 of 3,898 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: La Hacienda de San Angel is the newest dining attraction in the Mexico Pavilion, offering an array of zesty, traditional Mexico cuisine and Old World hospitality. Modeled after a classic Hacienda and topped by an azure dome, this 250-seat eatery features indoor seating and has views of World Showcase Lagoon.
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely family meal here to watch Epcot fireworks. For which we had a great view. Food delicious and they were great with our two boys aged 5 and 8. Would recommend and visit again. Disney prices but decent food so almost worth it for the setting as well.

1  Thank Cerys39

Reviewed April 25, 2014

It is bad enough that Disney charges a small fortune to get in the park but the dining is outrageous. They charged 3X the normal price for this very mediocre meal. Tiny tortillas with a skimpy plate of just passable food, the kind you would get at a food truck, & mediocre service. Waitress never came back to refill water glasses and when I asked for more water she just bought the bill. $137 for meals for 4 which would have been about $50 at most restaurants for this type of meal. Disney should be ashamed at the rip off in this place. They have a captive audience and they could offer a decent meal at a decent price but they want to squeeze every penny out of you.

1  Thank HillCountryOldtimer
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I booked a table to watch the fireworks and have a meal, for 4, from the UK for last week, to celebrate a 21st birthday. When we arrived 15 mins early (which we were told to do), we were left standing for 20 mins. The Fireworks started and eventually we were shown to a table against a WALL....no view at all. The 5, yes 5, people at the guest entrance didn't even look at any of us or welcome us - just pointed to another waitress and she took us to our table. I was ready to walk out. My husband spoke in Spanish to the waitress who then disappeared and didn't come back. Eventually a young Mexican served us - good food but the atmosphere was awful and the mood of our party wasn't good at all. How sad .........shall definitely not recommend this to anyone!

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

While the tortilla soup was delicious, as were the chicken tostadas, the salsas that came with the chips were not good. They tasted canned and bland. We ordered $6 guacamole, which was basically a small bowl of smelly onions. In a place of this price range, you would not expect cheap guacamole (being that onions are cheaper than avocado). It was unseasoned and flavorless, with the exception of the stench of raw onion that hadn't even been left in lime juice to take off the edge. The drink was the best part. For 3 appetizers, one drink, and one side, our total was almost $50. Ridiculous! I won't be coming back.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

My wife and I were at EPCOT walking around looking at all the beautiful decorations of the Flower and Garden Festival when hunger hit us and we had been wanting to try this place for a long time. I walked up to the hostess and asked if there were any walk ins available. (this restaurant is typically full and reservations are strongly advised) We were able to get a table within 10 minutes. We walked in and an older gentleman walking out made eye contact with me and said the following sentence "Worst food in Disney" "Don't waste your money". His action struck me as brazen and forthcoming but he could not be more correct! We were seated toward the back of the restaurant, we opened the menu and we were sticker shocked to see the amazingly high prices of the items on their menu. An appetizer was $13.00! That was only the beginning of our nightmare! To give you a bit of background on why I absolutely hated this place.....I was born in Mexico and have embraced the culture of my home country through their gastronomy and wonderful customs. My wife and I frequent Mexican restaurants as foodies that we are on this particular palate. Now back to the restaurant review......we looked a the entree prices and we could not believe the prices. We ordered off the Appetizer menu and had to drink water because otherwise our check would have been above $100.00 for two people. They do not give you chips or salsa, they charge for them! $5.00 for a basket of chips that came out of a bag and a sorry excuse for a salsa recipe which to be honest with you tasted more like ketchup with some pepper. I ordered an item called Taquiza which in Mexico it means "to eat several tacos" a taquiza in Mexico and most other true Mexican restaurant would consist of a variety of tacos and it would bring other fixings such as salsa, limes, cilantro and onions. La Hacienda's version of the Taquiza? Three small tacos with green SWEET salsa three different meats in the tacos and one half of a lime....that is it I actually broke in laughter when the server gave me my plate with the baby tacos and this appetizer was $13.00. What a joke. My wife ordered the "Gorditas" which are dough patties about the size of a medium salad plate with meat filling, sour cream, lettuce, some salsa and tomatoes. La Hacienda's version of the Gordita? two small gorditas (about the size of a tea cup in circumference) some meat MAYONAISSE and some more of the green sweet salsa. oh and it comes with......drull roll please..... 2 small sticks of carrots. Huh? we were dumfounded to see these two beautifu pieces of art that barely scratched our hunger after walking around EPCOT. I asked my server if this was considered a true mexican appetizer and she looked at me and just nodded her head (by policy Disney employees need to follow their strict policies on communication with the public and they need to speak only what has been authorized to be said in special circumstances, in this case - you could tell that my server wanted to say something else but could not....she nodded and walked away. Came back with a "complimentary" glass of soda. I took serious offense to this place as someone that truly knows authentic Mexican cuisine - even on the gourmet side of it. DO NOT waste your money on this place and instead make a reservation for the restaurant across the way inside the pyramid in the Mexico pavilion it is called "San Angel". The reason why people say its good its because they have not actually tasted good Mexican food for less than half of the cost at this place. Then again remember that this is Disney and tourist are the number one customer at this place. if you value your money and like to eat good, skip this place. What a Joke!

5  Thank FLVICK