“Upscale Mexican at Epcot”

La Hacienda de San Angel
Ranked #275 of 3,828 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: La Hacienda de San Angel is the newest dining attraction in the Mexico Pavilion, offering an array of zesty, traditional Mexico cuisine and Old World hospitality. Modeled after a classic Hacienda and topped by an azure dome, this 250-seat eatery features indoor seating and has views of World Showcase Lagoon.
Carmel, IN
“Upscale Mexican at Epcot”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Fantastic upscale Mexican. My husband and in-laws loved it. My children had a difficult time finding something on the menu because they wanted tacos, queso, and quesadillas. The guacamole was fantastic. Salmon was tasty, as were their version of fajitas. If you are looking for more 'American' Mexican this is not for you. If you are looking for fine dining, Mexican style, I would recommend this place.

Visited March 2013

• Hungarian first
Sao Paulo, SP
“Great place to watch the fireworks”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Not the kind of food I'd expect from a Mexican restaurant, very different but great!
Had an amazing view from the fireworks.

Visited April 2012
Table Grove, Illinois
“Good food”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The place was packed and people, including my family, had to wait 40 minutes even with a reservation. The service was pretty good and the food was very good except for the shrimp. I got a meal for two for my wife and it and was very good till we came to the shrimp. I can eat some hotter stuff but I couldn't eat them. I took one bite and had to eat half of the rest of my meal to get the burning to stop. These were huge, beautiful shrimp mind you and it was such a waste that I consulted our waitress that took the shrimp back to the kitchen and brought us some "not so hot" shrimp that tasted great. The menu should have said they were hot and didn't. So you might want to ask the waitress bout the shrimp before ordering.

Visited March 2013
USA/Russia
“Get a Table by the Window if Possible”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The best part about this restaurant is the view of Epcot from the window. If you can get one, do so. The margaritas were ok, but not amazing. All the adults in our party tried a different kind. The chips and salsa are just ok and so is the food. Most of it was barely warm.
We prefer San Angel Inn, but couples without kids may be more swayed by La Hacienda's less kitschy interior.

Visited July 2012
Toledo, OH
“Lots of food, lots of spice”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We booked a reservation here hoping to see Illuminations Fireworks, but were seated in a back room. We asked to be moved to an open table near the windows and were told they'd get back to us within 20 minutes. After a half hour, we asked again and were told the window tables were already booked. Based upon seeing the large plates of food coming to tables around us, we decided to get one entree and an appetizer - the taco trio and mixed grill with chicken, steak, chorizo, beans rice and vegetables - for 3 adults and one child. Two of the 3 tacos were good. The mixed grill chicken, steak and vegetables were quite spicy. The choirzo, beans and rice were mild. The entree was large - we left food on the plate. We ordered milk for the 6 years old and was told they were out so she had water instead. Food arrived quickly and the waitress was nice. It took a long time to get and settle the bill...and at no time did anyone sit at the table by the windows. We asked again about sitting there and having dessert and were told they didn;t have any open tables, so we left to have dessert elsewhere. I don't think we'd eat here again.

• Visited March 2013