“Lovely Fine Dining”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Jackson Street
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My daughter recently became a member and invited me to dine with her on a Saturday evening. The atmosphere is lovely, beautiful décor, and the night time view is impressive from wall to wall windows on the 18th floor. Dress for the occasion.

We arrived 6:30 ish and were pleased to be welcomed with a Saturday wine special @ $2.00 for house offerings. Service was prompt, pleasant, helpful.

After perusing the interesting menu, we chose appetizers She Crab Soup and Watercress-Mango salad. Delectable and not over priced at $7.25 and $6.25. We were allowed adequate time to chat, sip wine, and enjoy our starters before the entrees arrived.

We chose Sweet Chili Salmon and Stuffed Poblano Pepper. The pepper was exquisite. The salmon was good, though a little too rare. I didn't send it back. My disappointment was in the serving size - significantly smaller than I'm used to, especially considering the $22.25 price tag.

Smaller portions may be intentional because we had plenty of room for dessert. There was no dessert menu, but our server was pleased to recite half a dozen available options. We decided to splurge on two - a chocolate gelato and a cheesecake. Both choices were divine, but we had no idea what we'd be charged and were slightly stunned when we got the tab. Cheesecake was $10 and gelato $7.50, again for small/medium portions.

Not including drinks, we spent $89 on two appetizers, two entrees and two desserts. That total includes tax and a 22% gratuity, which is automatic. I'm typically a generous tipper at 20-30% for good service and, for this visit, the service was good. But I'm not keen on someone determining in advance that I'll tip that sum regardless of service.

All in all a pleasant dining experience, but don't arrive hungry.

1  Thank FancyFree55

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Over salted viel picatta, almost sent it back, and I like salt. Crab bisque, went for the bowl, 13 bucks no crab, great service but there are much better choices in mouse ville. They ad 22% tip. So 2 meals 2 apps. No drinks came to over 100.00. I have been to several club corp dinner clubs I would pass on this one.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I attended a two day seminar that was held at the Citrus Club. I was very impressed by every aspect of the experience.

The breakfast and lunch that were served were all very good. The snacks that were served mid-morning and mid-afternoon were also great.

We had a cocktail reception after the first day, and that was also very good.

All of the employees were very helpful and courteous.

The seminar facility was great. Plenty of large monitors on the wall so that you can see the slide deck.

Finding the parking garage is a little tricky, and $15 is pretty steep for a day of parking, but these are minor issues.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

The Citrus Club offers a beautiful view of Downtown Orlando from the 18th floor of the BB&T building. We enjoyed the gorgeous orange hues of the sunset. Whether you are having a formal dinner or a relaxed meal in the lounge the Citrus Club has what you are looking for. I enjoyed the She Crab soup which was lovely as promised and then had the Tuna Tuna tartare with avocado which was to DIE for!!! Both came out with a wonderful presentation which of course you would expect from a private club such as the Citrus Club. We arrived towards the end of their Happy Hour (Tue-Fri 5-7pm) so the bar was lively and the chef's choice hors d'oeuvres that everyone was enjoying looked very tasty. If you have the opportunity to join the club or attend with a member the Citrus Club will not disappoint.

1  Thank Emwinfrey
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I've been a ClubCorp Signature Gold member and Resident Master Member of the Citrus Club since 2003. After the redesign & renovation.........it's even better. The food has always been 5-Star and I have NEVER been disappointed with any service or meal there......Wonderful place for a romantic dinner or to close that business deal over a martini.......

1  Thank BigWhale