Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
StayForLong
Hotels.com
Travelocity
8,213 results
All reviews savannah view jambo house animal kingdom kidani village african theme watching the animals savanna view room the bus quick service disney world cast members club level other resorts gift shop disney experience magical express giraffes
Selected filters
Reviewed October 23, 2019 via mobile

We thought we would take advantage of a $275 rate. BIG MISTAKE. The room was nothing more than a glorified closet. With Wi Fi that didn’t work. Maybe two places to charge your electronics. Just a full size bed. With Bunk Beds?????? If I was charged the regular price of over $450 I would have actually punched somebody. Disappointed is an understatement. Why would anyone stay here? When there are countless options just seconds away. With much nicer rooms and modern amenities. Yeah! I’m Pissed!!!!!!!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank 359gerarda
Reviewed October 23, 2019

My 31 year old son and I checked in for a Father/Son trip. How cool was that, right? When we walked into the incredible lobby, the stunning sight just took our breath away. the African culture and majesty just set the stage for a wonderful trip. The staff is fantastic and so incredibly helpful. We stayed in the Savana King rooms which were perfectly appointed. Outside of our rooms were the animals roaming around the warm Orlando sun...wildebeasts, giraffe, zebra...to name a few. My son was over the moon! As there are no characters at Animal Kingdom Lodge--thank heavens---the animals, the genuine African artifacts, and atmosphere bring you to a place of understanding and appreciation. It literally was the perfect place and we can;t wait to go back.

Date of stay: September 2019
4  Thank Bill5042
WDW_Parks_Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2019

A father/son trip is always special, but when you combine it with your own African safari it becomes something magical! From the moment you arrive, you can't help but get lost in the atmosphere that makes you feel like you are far away from Florida. It sounds like you had a perfect room, and I just love the photos you shared.

Thank you for taking the time to mention our friendly Cast Members in your review. They are committed to making sure you are having the best vacation possible, and I am so glad to hear they had such an impact on your stay.

We hope you will join us for another wild adventure soon!

Anna

Reviewed October 20, 2019

I went to celebrate my birthday at the Boma restaurant, which has a fabulous lunch buffet. Afterwards we had the opportunity to walk around the hotel lobby and the surrounding grounds. The number of African artifacts on display around the lobby ad other common areas were absolutely marvelous! They are museum quality displays.

Room tip: Rooms that overlook the hotel grounds give a safari feel to your stay.
4  Thank Donna W M
WDW_Parks_Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2019

Dumela, Donna, and happy birthday! I think you picked the best buffet around for your celebration – not only is the food unbelievably good, the décor surrounding you from the moment you enter the lobby is worth taking the time to explore. Your photos tell me you saw it all!

Until next time!

Emma

Reviewed October 20, 2019 via mobile

Animal kingdom Lodge is a beautiful high end Disney hotel . It is located in over 30 acres of land away from most of the other Disney attractions . I highly recommend a savannah view . It is so amazing to sit on the balcony and watch the animal activity . The rooms are small especially for a family of 4 or with a crib . The balcony helps expand the room size . The rooms have a refrigerator , safe and coffee machine . There is only a small table for 2 and no other chairs to sit . The bathroom has a separation between the toilet and the 2 sink vanity . There are excellent adventures held through the property such as drum playing , face painting , cookie making and pool fun . The safaris fill up fast so book them early . The night safari looks like lots of fun . The food options are limited and most other restaurants are over 30 minutes away . There is a shuttle to the Kidani village but Sana’a is often booked . The pool is nice but not much to do . The pool has a slide and playground for 2 to 5 year olds . There are a few games like ping pong available on the pool deck . Animal watching is the best activity for all ages .

Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank laj2e7

Jambo, and thanks for your review! I couldn’t agree more about the magnificent savanna views of this Resort hotel. There are few things more astonishing than sipping a coffee out on your balcony, watching our giraffes graze among the treetops. Even still, there’s so much to learn and do across the property, you don’t even have to leave the lobby to learn something new. I just love walking through and reading about the unique art pieces we have hanging around the lobby and through the Resort itself.

We can’t wait for you to safari with us again. Kwaherini!

Emma

Reviewed October 17, 2019

Not the greatest experience this trip. We arrived earlier than 4 pm. We were told our room was being cleaned and housekeeping was informed of our arrival. It took 3 hours to get into the room after check-in. None of the charging ports in the two bedroom suite worked so we had to call engineering. We had bugs crawling around in the kitchen. We couldn’t get hot water in the shower. The only high point of our stay was the lovely housekeeper. She was truly amazing and made sure we had plenty of necessities. The staff in general were very kind.

Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Cynthia B
WDW_Parks_Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2019

We aim to make every safari-themed adventure with us as hassle-free as possible, and I’m terribly sorry for the multiple challenges you faced on your recent visit. I’m relieved your housekeeper made sure you had everything needed and that you found our team of Cast Members in general to be so welcoming, but I would like the opportunity to learn more about your concerns. Please check your TripAdvisor inbox for a message from us so we may gather some additional information. I appreciate you reviewing your stay with us, and I hope we get to welcome you back for a truly picture-perfect visit in the future.

AJ