Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
StayForLong
Hotels.com
Travelocity
8,213 results
All reviews savannah view jambo house animal kingdom kidani village african theme watching the animals savanna view room the bus quick service disney world cast members club level other resorts gift shop disney experience magical express giraffes
Selected filters
Reviewed October 20, 2019 via mobile

Animal kingdom Lodge is a beautiful high end Disney hotel . It is located in over 30 acres of land away from most of the other Disney attractions . I highly recommend a savannah view . It is so amazing to sit on the balcony and watch the animal activity . The rooms are small especially for a family of 4 or with a crib . The balcony helps expand the room size . The rooms have a refrigerator , safe and coffee machine . There is only a small table for 2 and no other chairs to sit . The bathroom has a separation between the toilet and the 2 sink vanity . There are excellent adventures held through the property such as drum playing , face painting , cookie making and pool fun . The safaris fill up fast so book them early . The night safari looks like lots of fun . The food options are limited and most other restaurants are over 30 minutes away . There is a shuttle to the Kidani village but Sana’a is often booked . The pool is nice but not much to do . The pool has a slide and playground for 2 to 5 year olds . There are a few games like ping pong available on the pool deck . Animal watching is the best activity for all ages .

4  Thank laj2e7
WDW_Parks_Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2019

Jambo, and thanks for your review! I couldn’t agree more about the magnificent savanna views of this Resort hotel. There are few things more astonishing than sipping a coffee out on your balcony, watching our giraffes graze among the treetops. Even still, there’s so much to learn and do across the property, you don’t even have to leave the lobby to learn something new. I just love walking through and reading about the unique art pieces we have hanging around the lobby and through the Resort itself.

We can’t wait for you to safari with us again. Kwaherini!

Emma

Reviewed October 17, 2019

Not the greatest experience this trip. We arrived earlier than 4 pm. We were told our room was being cleaned and housekeeping was informed of our arrival. It took 3 hours to get into the room after check-in. None of the charging ports in the two bedroom suite worked so we had to call engineering. We had bugs crawling around in the kitchen. We couldn’t get hot water in the shower. The only high point of our stay was the lovely housekeeper. She was truly amazing and made sure we had plenty of necessities. The staff in general were very kind.

4  Thank Cynthia B
WDW_Parks_Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2019

We aim to make every safari-themed adventure with us as hassle-free as possible, and I’m terribly sorry for the multiple challenges you faced on your recent visit. I’m relieved your housekeeper made sure you had everything needed and that you found our team of Cast Members in general to be so welcoming, but I would like the opportunity to learn more about your concerns. Please check your TripAdvisor inbox for a message from us so we may gather some additional information. I appreciate you reviewing your stay with us, and I hope we get to welcome you back for a truly picture-perfect visit in the future.

AJ

Reviewed October 15, 2019

animal kingdom lodge
we thought we would give AKL a try we travel in mid september arrival was good , check in was very quick given our room we only had a standard room but were surprised we had a view of the savanah which was very nice the room was spacious and comfortable as were the beds. we used the quick service restaurant a couple of times and used BOMAs once for breakfast food was very tasty and enjoyable.
My only criticism is that this resort is the furthest away from the likes of Magic kingdom and disney springs but overall it was worth it.
the staff were friendly and helpful.
i would stay here again in a heartbeat

Date of stay: September 2019
4  Thank daveyboyExeter
WDW_Parks_Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2019

Thank you for giving Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge a try! From the moment you set foot in the lobby, you know your vacation is going to be special. You feel like you have been transported to Africa to embark on your own magical safari. I can only imagine how exciting it was when you discovered you could see the savanna from the comfort of your room. It sounds like this Resort hotel was perfect for you, and I appreciate you sharing your experience. I hope you will join us again soon for another wild adventure!

Anna

Reviewed October 14, 2019 via mobile

Stayed at Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge for two nights. What a great hotel. Very big - so you need to walk a lot just to get to the lobby. Great service of coarse, it’s Disney. Check out all the restaurants. They were delicious. Expensive. We stayed in a room with it with a safari view. You wake up and a giraffe is outside your room. Isn’t that spectacular!
We only stayed two nights because the ungodly cost. But worth it. We moved our hotel to another Disney resort which was more affordable. Glad I got the experience. Your kids will remember it forever.

Date of stay: January 2019
4  Thank 618beachgoer
Reviewed October 12, 2019 via mobile

I am not sure where to start. We are a huge Disney family (especially with a 7 and a 6 year old), and went there first time probably 7-8 years ago (staying off Disney resort property that first time).

Trying to manage the expensive vacations, we tried different combinations of stays during our trips - trying to mix and match:
- off and on Disney property stays
- driving or flying to FL from Midwest
- value Disney Resort vs. premium resorts
- ordering groceries or eating onsite/parks
- base tickets vs. park hoppers

While mostly the trips were successful with wonderful experiences, I wanted to write (this is my first review of any sort) about our experiences at Animal Kingdom Lodge as a Disney resort and why we will come back here any chance we get.

To say it’s amazing it’s an understatement and would not do it justice. The feel of getting off the bus into a relaxing, peaceful and quiet atmosphere is priceless after bumping elbows during the day with thousands of other Disney enthusiasts. But that’s not all - walking into the lobby turns into a magical experience - it’s like walking into another Disney park, taking one back to Africa with exotic animals right outside the doors, while plenty to do under the protection of a roof during rainy days. I can’t describe it with words.

As with every Disney resort, the staff is helpful, attentive and provides a great customer experience. But...something special takes place here at the AKL - for example, when checking in a year or two back, we were randomly upgraded to a semi-Savanh view with bunks bed (our kids loved it while we enjoyed the view of the animals and a double sink to accommodate all my wife’s stuff!!!).

This year, 2019, we visited the AKL twice (lucky us, the first trip paid by the in-laws), and something just clicked the second time that made me come out of my shell and write this review. During check-in (October 5), we were fortunate to be taken care of the front desk supervisor (Nina) who made us aware of being selected for the ‘Safari of the Day’ - another continuous effort by AKL to enhance the customer experience. We were upgraded to a Sunset Savanh view room which was completely remodeled including:
- new laminate flooring vs carpets - easier on my allergies
- sliding glass doors for the shower - preventing water spilling on the floor,
- modern sinks
- sliding doors both to the bathroom area and the bathroom itself - made it easier getting ready without waking up the kids (I am a early riser)

This recent stay has been sprinkled with Magic such as extra trips by the staff to remake the beds throughout the day, complimentary water in the room, extra fast passes and chocolate on the beds at night time.

To put the Cherry on top of the cake, our experience with Anne on Thursday (October 10) was amazing when we tried to see if there was any flexibility to upgrade our last day in the parks to park hopper passes (the kids wanted to attend different parks - of course). Not only did she make it happen, but in a way that saved us money, time and reduced complexity on us as the customer (regular process includes upgrading each and every ticket separately - phew, that would have taken forever).

While going to Disney is expensive and many families weigh the different options, there is no question that one should stay at least once at the AKL - being here is as close as getting an additional Disney park experience without going to the parks.

10  Thank Jakub P
WDW_Parks_Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2019

Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to share your stay at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Jakub! Even if I tried, I don't think I could have written such an eloquent review! Right off the bat, I have to agree with your statement "to say it's amazing is an understatement," because that's absolutely true. Every step through this Resort, inside or out, is an adventure in itself and it's thrilling to know you were able to take in and experience everything that's offered. In addition to that, I'm so happy to hear you had some magic sprinkled on your stay, and that you had some great interactions with our Cast Members! It certainly looks like they had a huge role to play in how amazing your stay was, which truly brings a smile to my face.

I sincerely appreciate you writing this all out for us, and all potential Guests that will read your awesome review. Wherever your next Disney vacation takes you, I'm certain you'll have an amazing time just like you did on this trip. Until then, we can't wait to have you back!

Pete