I enjoyed my Disney experience but AKL rooms don't compare well with others in the $300 - $400 range.
Check-in at 3:00 p.m. was prompt and professional. Lobby is impressive and well maintained. Hallways offer multiple viewing sites of adjoining animals.
Four days/3 nights in "Savannah Deluxe Double" (i.e., animal view - 2 queen beds). Typical U.S.-size room with shallow balcony: semi-private double basin vanity, private commode/tub chamber, keyed wall safe, small fridge, coffee maker and supplies, walls/carpeting in browns, furniture of heavy black wood.
Room very dark b/c of theme decor (photos are brighter than reality b/c of flash); vanity felt cramped; wall safe large enough for a laptop but capacity limited b/c of vertical mount - key required, not a combo lock; sheets are "hospital-grade;" no wifi/no direct internet access/no on-site business center; questionable housekeeping/cleanliness: hair on "clean" pillow upon arrival, neglected to remove dirty towels after replacement; failed to replenish coffee pack. Guest Services (for info/tickets/reservations) understaffed: long lobby wait for rep/failed to answer phone for inquiries from room. A long bus ride for airport & theme parks; bus access to other Disney resorts inconvenient.
Large, shallow pool popular with families. Excellent food at on-site restaurant BOMA - don't be put off by buffet-style service. If using "Magical Express" bus service from airport pick up and transport your own luggage (transfer by Disney staff yields a 4 - 5 hour wait for luggage delivery).
In summary, if you're a road warrior accustomed to Marriott or Courtyard you'll be disappointed. If your travel experience is more limited, AKL is a fine choice. Presence of animals is a redeeming feature.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step into the heart of Africa at this magnificent Resort hotel. Inspired by the traditional African kraal, the horseshoe-curved design provides spectacular views of 4 lush savannas that over 200 hoofed animals and birds call home. Delight in dazzling pool areas, exciting animal programs and one of the largest collections of African art in the United States as you experience your own African safari adventure with a touch of Disney magic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Florida
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney Animal Kingdom Resort
- Disney Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Disney
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Orlando
- Animal Kingdom Hotel Disney
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Hotel Florida