“Love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Ranked #35 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

I've lost count of how many times I've stayed at this hotel. Not a lot by many people's standards but a good 6-8 times. Typically club level. Well worth it. Theming is amazing. Staff are typically courteous although you can find the odd one who is not.

Disney went above and beyond with this hotel. I can't say it's perfect, but it's the one we come back to year after year. We always debate on a different one, and in the end come here.

Seeing animals on the savannah is great. Didn't have too many this time around - not sure why - but still enough to inspire some awe at seeing them.

highly recommended

Room Tip: If you can afford it - stay in a savannah room. Or at least a pool view. The pool is gorgeous and...
      Location
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,582)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Just returned from 2 weeks (a fortnight as we Brits call it) at AKL. Overall we liked it. We were in Jambo House and my first impression was that the interior was a bit dark but you do get used to that. The room was spotless and very comfortable, my only complaint would be the bathrooms are very small and I really do not like the wash basins outside the bathroom. The strange thing was this area was quite roomy, what a waste of space it just doesn't make any sense to me. We didn't pay any extra for a Savannah view but we still got a side view and it was lovely seeing the animals every day although there was this one very noisy bird................
We all loved the swimming pool and as I am very poor swimmer I really liked the fact that after the very shallow walk in entry, it was all the same depth. I felt quite happy in there and never worried about getting out of my depth.
We were on the Disney dining plan which worked out great for us although we did seem to be eating all the time lol. The Restaurants are ok but I think they need to vary their menu a bit, it seemed to me to be the same every day. The fast service restaurant near the pool I have to say, did not resemble anything like a 5 star Hotel should offer it looked more like a School dining room.
Would I stay there again? Yes I would overall it was very good and very comfortable.

Cleanliness
1 Thank redanne29
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

My husband is paralyzed and we have been to many of the Disney hotels. This one is one of the few actually worth the money!
The rooms were large and the bathroom had a roll in shower, the pool is a zero depth pool so I am able to roll him in and out of it. We had such an amazing relaxing time. Room service was absolutely delicious, quite memorable as we haven't been since they opened!

Stayed August 2014
5 Thank bogdana
Biddeford, ME
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I have stayed at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge about 4-5 times and each has been absolutely amazing. I've stayed in both Jambo House and Kidani Village and trust me, Jambo House is the way to go. Definitely stay on the Sunset Savannah or Arusha Savannah for the best wildlife viewing. The restaurant, Boma, is delicious and the pool is amazing. Overall, I would say this is easily my personal favorite resort on Disney Property

• Stayed April 2014
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
5 Thank PerGronStudio
Barcelona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

If you've not stayed here before it's an experience no to be missed, the animals are great the hotel looks as it's in Africa but of course it's not. Lots of good eateries if your a big carnivore. The buses to the parks are frequent, although it could take 30 mins for arriving to walking into MK. The rooms are good ask for savanna view.

As for the normally great customer service, we had phoned in advance and I was told to come over early and they would see about getting the room early, well the did keep me waiting for 4 plus hours in the lobby waiting for one room!

Room Tip: Savanna view, ask before you leave the reception, as changing it afterwards can be a hassle
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Stephen K
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Its a fantastic experience living at the lodge. We stayed on the level 2 rooms and had bunk beds for our kids. It was great to watch the animals meandering around the savanna surrounding the lodge. Its the next best experience to actually been in Africa. The restaurant is top notch and a must visit. I would recommend this hotel to families especially those traveling with kids to disney. Its a once in a lifetime experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Ash2501
Liverpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

After checking out the disability policy of this hotel, no mention was made of the low level lighting , no mention that if you have a visual impairment this is not the place to stay. The 1st floor ( access to pool and restaurants) is dismally lit. The lobby is ok in the day due to a large window, but of a night it is so dark my son had no chance of finding his way around. I mentioned this at the front desk and was initially offered a brighter light bulb for our room(!). Thereafter I was offered the opportunity to change hotel but this was not possible as we were staying a the hotel with another family.
This was a sad and restricting holiday for our son and for all of us.

The rooms are not large. A woefully small amount of storage, 1 wardrobe with 10 hangers for a family of 4 for a fortnight. 2 drawers in a chest which combines as a TV stand.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Heidi G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort

Been to Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge? Share your experiences!