“Best accommodations I have ever stayed in!”

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Ranked #35 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

The cost of Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge is what you would expect of a Disney lodge. It is not for every budget, but since it was my honeymoon, cost was negotiable in our budget. This is not recommended for the average family with kids as the money may be better spent elsewhere, but for a young couple with a couple extra wedding gifts to spend, this was perfect. The beds were comfortable, the savannah view spectacular, the decor flawlessly matching the theme, the pool luxurious, the staff welcoming and overly accommodating and even the mouse-keeping adding that little extra magic. The staff was so helpful, the delicious restaurant, BOMA, gave us a little celebration dessert for free, and we got several voicemails on our phone thanking us for choosing the resort and celebrating our special vacation there. The only critique I had was the bathroom. The vanity sinks are outside the bathroom itself, so every time I got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, I had to wash my hands in the sink and feel horrible about my husband stirring in the bed as the water was running.

• Stayed: August 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (7,215)

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have stayed at seven different Disney resort hotels and this is hands down my favorite. It is like another theme park in and of itself! There were a few days we did not leave the resort, or came back early from a park just so we could explore the grounds more! There are animals at every turn, and the attention to detail with the decor is unmatched. We had a savannah view room and I would not get any room without an animal view now! Just like the brochure, you wake up to animals outside your window! Different species roam all throughout the day and night. The room was the best themed room I have stayed in at Disney also. There are many areas around the resort where you can lounge and watch the animals if you do not have the savannah view room, but I would HIGHLY recommend you pay the for the view of the animals-IT IS WORTH IT! There are animal viewing stations all throughout the resort with expert animal guides to give you all the details and background on the animals and their natural habitat. My favorite guide would tell me about when he would see the animals in different countries across Africa! Wow!
Animal Kingdom Lodge also has the best restaurants our of all the resorts in my opinion as well. We enjoy nicer meals, instead of food courts, so we were on cloud nine when we ate at Boma and Jiko in the Lodge and at Sanaa at the adjoining Kidani Village. Jiko is now my #1 restaurant on Disney Property.
The pool is enormous! There was plenty of room for kids and adults to enjoy the water without overcrowding. There are also three hot tubs that are secluded in what feels like a rainforest. Very shady, very relaxing.
One myth I want to debunk, it is NOT far away from all the other parks! We drove ourselves everywhere and arrived at all parks within 15 minutes. I have seen on some boards it is 40 minutes away from the Magic Kingdom and that is just not true.
Bottom line, if this resort is in your budget, stay here. You will not be unhappy! I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Kudu Trail Savannah View Room has an incredible view. We were in the first "building"/bloc...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Cindy L
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Gorgeous Resort, my absolute favorite of the Disney collection! From the beautifully decorated rooms to the well maintained grounds adorned with the safari animals. I also love the quick service dining at the Mara, always great food and reasonable prices!

Room Tip: Rooms with views of the savanna are great but you will have plenty of opportunity to see the animals...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge in Orlando is the perfect launch pad for your Disney adventure. The rooms are very comfortable and the view of the animals from our own balcony was exciting! We were visited by giraffe, zebra and other African animals. Check in was easy and when we left we were able to check our suitcases in and catch the free Disney bus to the airport with out having to worry about our bags.

Room Tip: Rooms on level two are more on a level with the animals
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel and the main entry area is so beautiful . We were very impressed. The staff was very Disney friendly. We stayed on the savana 4 th floor and found most of the animals stayed to the back of the property. We did see a large variety of animals but at a distance. Bring binoculars with. The overall experience and atmosphere are great

Room Tip: I would choose a room central located on a higher floor 4 th or up....
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went with our 5 yr old son and stayed in a 1 bedroom villa facing the Savana. If you are able to get the better view, go for it! If not, don't worry because the animals are in sight in multiple public locations.
The pools were fabulous...large, with fun water slides and kids play areas. The villas are spacious, very clean and comfortable. If you plan to mostly be at parks, save your money and stay elsewhere. This is a resort to spend time at and enjoy.
The only cons were location, as it is far from everything except Animal Kingdom. The other "con" was that after several days we found ourselves wanting more cuisine options besides African/Indian influenced (although delicious!!).
A great family vacation spot!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family had a great time staying here while visiting Disney World! The savanna view was beautiful to see all the animals roaming around, rooms were very clean and beautifully decorated, the pools were a great way to end each night relaxing!! Highly recommend

1  Thank Carrielynne83