I have been to Disneyworld at least 10 times. I have always stayed in Disney. This is a great place to stay. Nice rooms. Good food. Pool open 24 hours a day. (July 2003) Eat breakfast and lunch here. Cheap. Good pizza, it is huge. Remember to buy a cup in the beginning of your stay.
It is a plastic cup with a top. It is a Animal Kingdom Cup. (Each resort has one.) I can't remember the exact price, I think around $7.00. It is worth it. You get unlimited refills on coffee, tea, and soft drinks. (For your entire stay.) Go down and get a cup of coffee in the morning and bring it up to your room. You get to keep cup, nice gift to yourself. Remember, even in Disney if you don't like your room asked to be changed. If you want a different location ask for it. Don't stay in a room that you do not like. They are great about changing rooms. I like to see different rooms before I even bring my luggage there. By the way, I always keep my luggage with me. Remember, you are at Disney to have fun and relax. Take your time. You do not have to get up first thing in the morning to run around the parks. Eat, relax enjoy the morning. Look at the animals. Swim. Then go to the parks. It slows down later in the morning. Remember, when you take the bus, relax enjoy. It might take you twenty minutes to get to the parks, but remember it's free. You will be walking alot, so enjoy. This hotel is really great. You get your moneys worth. The lobby is breathtaking.
Great gift shop. (Tip: If you buy something in the park it can be sent to your hotel room for free. Just ask. It is nice to have a gift waiting for you back at your hotel.) Remember, this is also a great place to stay because it does have a lobby. Some of the cheaper Disney Hotels do not. With younger kids and adults it is a good place to sit around or meet up with friends and family. It is huge. Oh, and the animals are fun to see. They also have a campfire going at night.
Balconys off each room. Also, big balconys throughout the hotel where you can sit. They have these big rocking chairs on them. This is really a great place to stay. I can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step into the heart of Africa at this magnificent Resort hotel. Inspired by the traditional African kraal, the horseshoe-curved design provides spectacular views of 4 lush savannas that over 200 hoofed animals and birds call home. Delight in dazzling pool areas, exciting animal programs and one of the largest collections of African art in the United States as you experience your own African safari adventure with a touch of Disney magic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Florida
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney Animal Kingdom Resort
- Disney Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Disney
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Orlando
- Animal Kingdom Hotel Disney
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Hotel Florida