We stayed at Animal Kingdom's Kidani Lodge, Jan 2 to 7, 2013. We had a two bedroom Savanah room and it was neat to look out and see the animals - saw giraffes, zebras, ostrich and yaks or something of that nature. Our room had laundy and was spacious for our family of six.
The pool was large and the kids all loved the waterslide, ping-pong, marshmallow roasting at the fire-pit and the outdoor movie. There is a great spray park too. The only problem we had was day one when the kids were playing with their cousins at the pool and one of the life guards was an absolute beast! Three moms and a grandpa were watching the 8 boys [my four plus cousins] and they were not being bad but he was on their case for every move, making it quite miserable. Thank goodness when the shift change happened!
Another issue was the incredibly long wait for a bus to and from the parks. While other parks and resorts often had 6 busses go by, Animal Kingdom would get one. very. full. bus! Also when one books a shuttle and it leaves 10 minutes early and then you get the next shuttle half an hour later, but don't get told that it has three other stops to make... one can miss their plane! This happened to my brother in law and family so if this happens to you - make sure Animal Kingdom calls you a cab ASAP, on their dime, as they did for my in laws later on the same day!
All in all - had a great stay. A nice little gift shop/store in the lobby too. Everything looked so beautiful decorated for Christmas and the greeters outside were always so friendly when we walked by to the pool etc. I also liked all the Animal Kingdom touches in the room - the engraved furniture, the Lion King silhouette painted tiles in the bathroom, even the sheers/curtains had outlines of animals in the lace! A unique place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step into the heart of Africa at this magnificent Resort hotel. Inspired by the traditional African kraal, the horseshoe-curved design provides spectacular views of 4 lush savannas that over 200 hoofed animals and birds call home. Delight in dazzling pool areas, exciting animal programs and one of the largest collections of African art in the United States as you experience your own African safari adventure with a touch of Disney magic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Florida
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney Animal Kingdom Resort
- Disney Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Disney
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Orlando
- Animal Kingdom Hotel Disney
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Hotel Florida