WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #32 of 333 Hotels in Orlando
warwickshire
“Magical”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

My family and I stayed at The Animal kingdom Lodge during our holiday at WDW over the Christmas period. We had a wonderful stay, the hotel was nice and clean and beautifully decorated. Almost all the staff were friendly and helpful (Concierge however had one of the most rudest Disney employee I have ever met).
All in all a great hotel

6 Thank alex649

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,668)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chesterton, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

My family was at Disney's Animal Kingdom between Christmas and New Year's 2012. The hotel was beautiful and the animals outside were awesome to watch! The hotel is very clean and the staff is wonderful. I was disappointed in the size of our room. We had 2 adults and 2 children We were on the second floor with a pool view room. There was barely enough room for us and our suitcases in the room. The bathroom is even smaller and very dark. There is hardly enough room to get dressed. Everything was clean but definitely too small. We ate at both Mara and Boma on the Dining plan. The Mara's food was average at best. Boma was very good and the staff was great. My daughter has a nut allergy and they were wonderful at making sure we knew what she could eat. We chose to do our Quick-service dining at the parks. There was better choices. There is a great pool area and arcade that the kids loved. Bus service to and from the parks was great and we never had to wait a long time. Overall, we loved Disney and Animal Kingdom Lodge but felt the rooms were too small for the price.

Room Tip: We didn't choose an animal view room but there were plenty of places to view the animals. It wo...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JeanneK4
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

My family and I stayed at Jambo house for 9 days the week before Christmas and had a lovely stay!

PROS:

1) What can I say? It's a beautiful resort, decorated with fantastic artwork and pieces from Africa.

2) The rooms are very clean and the beds very comfortable.

3) The "cast members" (not "staff) go the extra mile to make you feel special. The minute you pull up to the hotel, they greet you (with "Welcome home") at the front door to either escort you to the front dest or to answer any questions you have. Everyday, our room towels were in the shape of cute animals and they would place my son's teddy bear in different locations around the room to greet him when we got back at the end of the day. On another occasion, due to a glitch in the computer system, our park passes were to expire a day earlier than what we paid for. The lady at the front dest was so helpful in fixing this and even credited us back money for the inconvenience placed on us! Everybody (and I mean everybody) had smiles on their faces and a genuine willingness to help. This being our first time visit, we appreciated this!

4) Food was great and if you have food allergies (my son's allergic to peanuts), they take time to go over the menu as to what is safe and what should be avoided. My husband and I were really thankful for this.

5) Seeing the animals roam around the savannah was amazing! Waking up in the morning and seeing giraffes and other animals outside our balcony is something I will not be forgetting soon!

6) Lovely pool and the fact it was heated is a bonus!

7) Being a Disney resort, the place is EXTREMELY kid friendly.

8) Shuttle service outside the hotel made it so convenient visiting the parks everyday and because we were staying on property, we had access when the parks opened an hour early or stayed open 2-3 hours later (only for resort guests).

9) I don't know if it was because close to Christmas but we were able to take pictures with Mickey and Minnie in the lobby of our hotel!

CONS:

1) This resort is pricey and I was a bit dissapointed to see the room was smaller than I expected.

2)The hotel hallways and lobby a little dark (it would have been nice to have a bit more natural light in the inside public areas).

3) If you look closely, the hallway carpets are a little worn.

4) You still have to pay a separate fee for entry to Animal Kingdom ( if that's the park you want to visit). This just meant we added an extra day ($10) to our park pass (no biggie).

Disneyworld truly is a magical place to visit and staying at this resort just made it even more magical for me and my family. We will definitely be coming back here!

Room Tip: Try to get a savannah view room, if you can!
1 Thank Jen P
Edmonton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

spectacular lobby. very clean rooms. excellent breakfast buffet. very relaxing to see the African animals roam in the backyard. kids will love this place. great pool and nice to go fow a swim well after midnight on hot summer nights after returning from hectic days at the various Disney parks. early access to the parks in the mornings is a great advantage and time saver to get your fastpasses and enjoy the park before the mid day crowds...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

We had split our Disney vacation between 2 resorts; I've always wanted to stay here so this was our first stop.

The Disney Magical Express bus was very convenient. The bus catered to our resort only so we didn't have additional travel time tacked on from dropping off others. It was confusing at first because I didn't know which building (Jambo house or Kidani) our travel agent helped us book; I thought there was only 1 main building.

I had used the online check-in system and this helped move our check-in process more easily; while we were waiting in line, a representative came over to us and gave us our package right away. Even though we arrived at noon, our room was ready and we were able to drop off our luggage and get freshened up before heading out to the parks. A great piece of advice that our travel agent gave us was to pick up our own luggage to transport on the bus so we have it right away as opposed to Disney transporting them to us (sometimes you may not get it until much later in the day).

Our room was a standard view room on the second floor at the very end of Jambo house (end of Zebra trail), however, we did not mind as this led to a very quiet and restful stay! The big surprise was that our balcony actually had a view! We sat many of times on our balcony and watched all the animals go by; one time we had all 5 giraffes in view! The hotel and rooms are very dark but I anticipated this after reading all the reviews. The room was a decent size (not as large as standard rooms in the Polynesian). It was furnished with 2 queen beds, 2 chairs and table, 6 drawer dresser, mini fridge, coffee maker, long shallow safe and double vanity sinks (located outside of bathroom). The toilet and shower/tub area was very cramped and it was very difficult to close the door while you are inside. The beds were comfortable though. The balcony area had 2 metal chairs and side table.

We ate at several of the on-site restaurants: please see my reviews of Mara, Boma and Jiko.

I had planned to stay in a standard room but to pay the extra $ to go on the Wanyami safari and this was SOOOO worth it! Please read my separate review of the safari.

There was a minor incident of our fridge leaking water on the carpet on the day we arrived but housekeeping came and helped resolve the problem.

The Concierge were excellent and very helpful at answering all our questions. They have daily events offered but we only went to the night vision goggles viewing area which was great. We used the gym facilities once and many of the treadmills were out of service.

As this resort was so far removed from the rest of Disney, I had anticipated long waits for the buses and this was usually the case. Fortunately, the buses travelled straight to it's destination and did not make any other stops along the way. When you arrive back to Animal Kingdom Lodge, it makes a stop at Kidani village before stopping at Jambo house. Make sure you know which place you're staying at; they pretty much look the same at night when you're tired from touring the parks. :-)

We ordered online through Gardengrocer and had our groceries delivered to the resort which was very handy. I highly recommend them if you decided to buy groceries! Bell services will take delivery of the groceries and even will keep the cold items in a fridge for you until you pick them up.

We also asked bell services to transport our luggage and groceries to our next Disney resort and they were fantastic!

Our main purpose of this vacation was to run in the marathon race and we thought that Disney did an excellent job running this. We took their bus to the Expo to pick up our race kits and they had a representative at every resort and Expo bus stop to assist runners. Since AKL was a deluxe resort, we only had 2 other people on the Expo bus with us while other buses were packed.

Overall, we had a fantastic stay and I'm glad we were able to rest up here prior to our marathon race.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank crazy_cat_sab
Northwood NH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel BUT unfortunately Disney has hired poor people to run this place. I would expect what we encountered at a "chain" hotel/motel BUT certainly NOT Disney. I have waited to post this review to see what Disney was going to do to make up for the "unmagical" trip we took for 6 nights in Nov. Now that they have supplied us with what they are going to do to make up for this I am ready to post my review.
Let me start by saying we are seasoned Disney visitors and have stayed on property every time we go to WDW in orlando. ^This was our 8th trip in 10 years. We love Disney World and have never experienced such terrible customer service. This trip was supposed to be our 17 year old daughters "magical" graduation trip from high school and the last trip we would take with her for a very long time as she will attend college in the fall. Below you will find the letter I sent to Disney.
well here goes.....
Arrived at Animal Kingdom Lodge around 8:30PM Sat 11/10/2012
Told no free upgrades available as they were filled asked:
if it was 2 queen beds told yes
asked if it had been deep cleaned and told yes
Asked about the arrangements for Abby to practice no one knew anything (their daughter’s friend had a symphony competition coming up and needed a place to practice her violin. Clients were told by the concierge in our planning stage pre-arrival that they would arrange a quiet place for her.)

Went to room to find
1 queen bed AND a set of bunk beds(too small for the girls)did not complain because they had already said
they were sold out and we had a partial savannah view instead of a standard that we had paid for
also
found cereal( mini wheat's) under the bunk bed(tells me that the room had not been cleaned never mind deep cleaned

I called down to the front desk and they connected me to housekeeping...the woman at housekeeping told me there was nothing that she could do till morning as they could not deep clean the room at night(by now it was 9:30PM)I asked for a housekeeping manager was told no manager was on.

Went to front desk asked for manager after 15 min the manager came out asked me "whats the problem" I explained that Allie could not sleep in a non deep cleaned room and that we needed 2 queen beds and he said " WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO DO ABOUT IT?" I said it needs to be DEEP CLEANED NOW he said we can not do that at this hour of the night. I looked at him and said "this needs to be done I have a severe asthmatic with me and she will be in the hospital if the room is not deep cleaned" he responded to me well it will have to wait till morning...so what would you like to do? I looked at him and said deep clean it now, please. we are going to Magic Kingdom which is open till 3 so that gives you 6 hours. I also asked him to have 3 more pillows and 2 more coffee cups in the room. He walked away. We went to magic Kingdom. Upon returning at 2:30am when we opened the door we could smell the difference in deep cleaning and could tell the room had been re cleaned the cereal was gone but that the sheets had not been changed to NON PERFUMED sheets and bedding meaning that the room had been re-cleaned but not deep cleaned.There were no extra pillows or coffee cups as I had requested so I went back to the desk and requested them.About 10 minutes later we were delivered 3 more pillows BUT no coffee cups. The guy that brought the pillows said wait 1 min I will get them. He went to the next room and brought me back 2 more coffee cups.(hmmm no rooms available but the next room was empty a 2:30AM where he got the coffee cups) Everyone but me went to bed I waited until 6:30 am and went to the front desk and asked for a top manager. I was told there was no one available but they would look for someone. Eventually Emily came down and I told her the story thus far. She said we are full but let me look for a room....(I wondered how she could look for a room if they were full) she then turned to a girl in a suit behind her and sid :" we have 1 room available find it in the system" looked at me and said OK we will move you to a 2 queen but not sure where it will be(I thought she said they had 1 room available in the system?). She then asked me if a standard was ok? I said yes as that was what we had paid for, although after this mess they should give us the Savannah view BUT I did not want to walk miles from the front desk to our room as I have knee issues, but would take whatever they had as long as it was DEEP CLEANED. She said well usually we make you move out of your room while waiting for a new room but we will let you stay in your room until the new room is available. I explained we would be out in the parks and visiting other resorts for the day and gave them my husbands cell number to call. At this point I also asked about a place for Abby to practice and was told of course we arranged for a room upstairs for her and everyone knows about it here. Just have here come to the desk and we have a room upstairs she can use anytime. I want back to the room and told the family of my progress.
We left the room around 9 and returned around 1:30PM. When we returned to the resort I went to the desk to check on the 2 queen room and was told there was no notes in the computer about us moving. I asked for a manager and was told no one was available. I said I am going back to the room I will be back in a few minutes. By the time I got to the room I got a call on my phone from Emily(manager)saying that she was waiting to talk with the housekeeping manager to check on the new room and would call us. My husband and I were headed out to visit another resort. This was about 2PM. We left the room and took Abby to the front desk so she could go to practice her flute. We left Ally in the room to take a nap as she was not feeling well( remember the non deep cleaned room she was in? Now she was not feeling well)The man at the desk said he knew nothing of this but would check and came back telling us "no problem" he took us to a room on the 4th floor and we left Abby there telling her to go back to the room and we would meet her and Allie back in the room in a couple of hours. We went to see Port Orleans and while on the bus( about 10 min after leaving the resort) we get a call on my husbands phone saying that our new room is available. I explained that the girls were still in the room and we were headed to another resort and would be back in a couple of hours. The desk person said no problem move when you can. About 15 min later we get a call from my daughter saying their room keys did not work to the current room.( Thank goodness Ally had stayed in the room while Abby was practicing or they could not have gotten to our luggage and the girls would have been locked out). So now my daughter was woken up so Abby could get into the room.(apparently they deactivated out current room key access so they could activate our new room key access). My daughter then went to the front desk and asked what the story was and was told "OH YOU ARE MOVING ROOMS"...my daughter said yes but not until my parents get back and we can not use our keys so we can not go to the pool or anything together(she and Abby) as we need to leave someone in the room. My 17 year old was then told "so go to the new room". She asked for a cart to move our stuff and was told "we will send a bellman" my daughter said where can I get a cart and I will do it. She was told NO we can not allow you to use a cart. So she returned to the room and she and Abby packed up all of the stuff and they and the bellman moved all of our stuff to the new room where she was greeted by the "head" of housekeeping who and my daughter (age 17) if the room was acceptable?( should this not be something asked of the adult in this situation) Ally checked everything as she is very travel savvy and said yes thank you. We returned to Animal Kingdom about 3:30 and Ally met us in the lobby and took us to our new room. It was a savannah view with 2 queen beds, and deep cleaned. All good....NOW we can begin our "magical" vacation at WDW . We had dinner at Boma(yuck), and went back to The Magic Kingdom. Monday Abby went to the front desk to go practice her flute about 9am and was told" we have no idea of what you are talking about". I decided that I had had enough issues with The Animal Kingdom Lodge and would address it on Tuesday as we wanted to get to the park and would not be back till late and would not deal with night management after the "what would you like me to do" comment from night management on Sat. Tuesday morning I went to the front desk and asked for a manager. I spoke with Keith and explained that i was told the Abby could practice in a room upstairs and that there had been no issue on Sunday that she had used a room upstairs, but that Monday she had been told noone knew what she was talking about. He said "oh that can not be..."EVERONE here knows about her using the room to practice as I arranged it and sent emails to everyone".....as he is saying this all of the cast members at the front desk say.."we do not know what you are talking about" He looked around and said "well you will after this conversation"we went to Hollywood Studios.

** as another note when the guy went into the next room on Sat night to get the extra coffee cups when he gave them to me I said is that room empty? and does it have queen beds or a bunk? He replied yes it is empty and yes it is 2 queen beds(HMMM no rooms available but the one next door was empty AND it was 2 queen beds) Also on Sun I was comped one half of the room rate....$165.00 for our troubles.....Also on sunday we returned around 12:30 PM NOT 1:30 PM and when we left it was around 12:45 NOT 2 PM

so we went to Hollywood Studios for the day and returned around 8:30 pm. I went to the front hotel desk with Abby and les and Ally returned to the room. I introduced Abby to the staff at the desk and said she will be back in about 10 min to go practice, and would need to get into the room upstairs. They knew what I was talking about and said fine. As I was leaving the front desk Ally called me on my phone and said "there is water dripping from the sink into your suitcase, and there is a puddle in your suitcase (it was more of a lake)". I was almost to the room anyway so I told her I would meet her there. Upon arriving in our room I went to my suitcase that was under the sink and tried to pull it out from under the sink area. It was too heavy to move. It was so filled with water that my husband and I both had to drag it out. I picked up my clothes and all of them were dripping wet. In the corner of the suitcases were puddles of water. So Ally and I went down to the front desk and requested a new room, matenance, and an upgrade because this was upsurd. So finally after about 15 minutes, a manager arrived, along with two matinence men. My husband showed him where the pipe fitting was that had gone bad causing the water steadily dripping into the suitcase and apparently from the water in the suitcase had been dripping for at least all day Tuesday. The dripping noise was able to be heard, The carpet was soaked from the entrance of the door all the way to the first queen bed. The linolium in the bathroom was also soaked. They looked at the pipe and confirmed that there was an issue, they then called in a third guy, who went and got tools and fitting and piping and started fixing it. I then told the manager that they needed to move us immediatly to another room as Ally's allergies could not have her in this room with the wet rug. He called down to the front desk and had several conversations with the front desk. During this process Ally had an anxiety attack and then I reminded the manager that the room needed to be deep cleaned because of Ally's allergies and he said" we can not do that at this hour of the night" it was about 9:10 at this point. I said we have to have it deep cleaned. At this point Ally lost it and was in tears and left the room. les(hubby) got mad that Ally was making such a big deal about it( until I remended hiom of the wet rug and how Ally was not feeling well Sun because the room had not been deep cleaned. At that point the manager said they had a room for us in another wing it was 2 queens with a savannah view and that he was going to also "throw in access to the concierege lounge" so he needed our tickets to change the room and add the concierage access to the tickets. He also said he was going to comp the room for the night.I called Allie back to the room as she had gone to "regroup" outside.We gave him the cards and they brought new ones to us.I then again asked about the deep cleaning he said no it can not be done. I said well deep cleaning is the rug and the sheets and blankets have no perfumes correct..he said yes...I then took him onto our "water room" and showed him the extra sheets on top of the closet that had been left that were deep cleaned, asked if those were the sheets that they said they did not have at that hpour of the night and he said "yes" I said goo use them then...then I asked about the blanket and comforter....he said they did not have those either...SO I went over to Allys bed and stripped it taking the blanket and comforter and giving it to housekeeping saying use these NOT the ones in the room,,,,I looked at the manager and said...so now that I have solved the issue of the bedding what are were going to do about my wet clothes,He said welll I can send them out and they will be back tomorrow morning....Having no choice I said fine and the suitcase? Well if we can not dry that we will replace it.,Two of the maintance men that were there then attempted to move the suitcase and they could not lift it and said they would need to use a flatcart. We left the room with our luggage and the bellman and went to the new room where the housekeepers were making the beds. I asked which bed was the deep cleaned and she pointed to one bed and said "Bad bed" pointed to the other bed and said "good bed" we attempted to start putting our things away and it was just too crowded so we left our room and went upstairs to concierege for a drink!!!!(I definatly needed one) we were there for about 15 min till they closed at 10. We went back to the room and everyone BUT me went to bed. I proceeded to unpack everything and laid down around 2am....Did not sleep again....been here 4 nights at this point and slept one! At 6:30 am I put on the skort that was in my backpack and therefore dry that was not in the suitcase and a top that was just damp and tht was on the top of my suitcase that was soaked that night, all other clother(underwear) was dirty but having no choice i wore then and went down to the front desk to find my clothes and suitcase as they had said my clothes would be done in the am..I guess my thinking AM meant first thing as there were about 3 loads of clothes to be done and I did not think it would take 10 hours to wash and dry 3 loads of laundry.I spoke with Kevin a manager and he said he knew nothing about my clothes although he had heard the story. He would check and get back to me. I then asked to see a copy of my current bill, I was given the bill and there was NO comp for the room on the bill for the Water room night. I told Kevin that and he said I will comp the room no problem. He did it immediatly and did now what else can I do for you so we can move forward? I said I need my clothes we want to go to the parks but I need my clothes. He said let me check and I will call you. I gave him my husbands phone number so we could get the call. I returned to the room and we hung around for an hour or so no call no clothes, Finally as we had reservations for Rainforest Cafe we went to Animal Kingdom. All day NO CALL about my clothes. We returned to the hotel about 6PM and I waited at the lobby while Les went to the room to see if my clothes were there. They were so I went to the room upon openong the suitcase 6 yellow "laundry clothes" bags fell out of the upright suitcase. I started to pull things out of the bags and all my clothes were just sruffed in the yellow laundry bags. Not folded just stuffed into the bags. I spent the next hour folding my clothes and putting things in my suitcase. Everyone went to bed around 11PM BUT ME yup another night no sleep..Just too stressed.

I will add that when we went to concierge on Wed am I asked if there was anything special that they could do for the girls as this was Allys graduation trip and it had been so bad so far. He was able to get us front row seats at The Lion King Show. Also wed night after I called you Lori and spoke with you I got a call from the front desk Emily saying they could not fulfill our request for 2 white chocolate Mickeys.. I explained that I had not clue what she was talking about but would come right down to the desk to discuss it. Figuring it was something you Lori were doing I did not want the girls to hear my conversation. I went to the front desk and a cast member there said well I will go talk with Emily. He returned and said "apparently someone called and requested 2 chocolate Mickeys and we do not have them and Emily was wondering what else they could replace them with....I said well since I have no clue who ordered them I could not help. He then said well some travel agent called...I atempted to give them your number and they refused to call you saying it was supposed to be a surprise and if they called you back then it would spoil the surprise????? HUH! Emily was not available...I returned to the room and Emily called me...since the girls were not in the room I spoke with her and she suggested Graduation Mickey ears.I said great idea...she said she would have the stuff in the room( some stuff for Abby too) when we returned Thursday evening. At this point I went a retrieved the packages that had been sent back to the hotel for us. I took the packages back to the room and discovered that the ornament that I had bought les was broken....SO back to the gift shop. Spoke with a manager who took the ornament and a copy of the receipt and said they would get me another one. When I returned on Thursday there was another one there.
Part three.....finally I think I fell asleep around 4am as I knew I needed some sleep. Thursday was to be our final day in then parks and we had Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party tickets for Thursday evening and I need some sleep... I awoke about 7:40 and we finally spent a nice day in Downtown Disney and at Mickeys very merry Christmas party.....also ate at the Castle. Go to see the new fantasy land too. saw Gaston's tavern and rode Little Mermaid Ride. Left the park at 12 midnight after snow on main street and hot cocoa and cookies. When we returned to the room at around 1am there were 2 bags for the girls with Tinker Bell Items(Lanyards, wallet, tinkerbell pin and a couple of other things) The girls were thrilled......LORI.....THANK YOU from us and the girls...we know u were behind the gifts..Even if it was not the Chocolate Mickeys that you wanted....
Got up at 7 am Friday as we had a resi at Boma for breakfast( great meal) but too tired to eat and "done" with Disney...Oh ya did I mention the running water that was constant in the toilet in the last room????/ No I did not mention it to them either as I was just tired of talking to them about issues...Took the luggage to Airline bag check in at 8:30am and one bag was 2 lbs over weight...Moved a pair of shoes and shirt and all weighed fine..they handed me the bag tag reciepts 6 of them......we only had 5 checked bags.....she took one reciept back and we waited while they tagged 3 of the bags and I started to walk away...Ally and Abby were still watching her tag the last bag as the cast member grabbed a suitcase from behind the line that was NOT ours and stated to put our tag on it....Ally spoke up and said "ah that is not our bag the one in front of you is and pointed out our 5th bag and she tagged our 5th bag correctly. We got on the magical express and returned to Orlando airport, very tired and fed up with WDW and our non magical vacation.

After discussing this with Les and Ally....and I say this knowing Disney may NOT do anything more than they have thus far BUT if they do offer more compensation and ask what would make us happy? Well how about a 4 night stay at the Poly all expenses paid with a counter service dining plan and 4 days of tickets.....Concierge level would be nice.....We would not be available to travel till Nov 2013 due to our jobs. Would probably be able to go the weekend after Thanksgiving. OR they can refund my money for the entire trip......We will consider going back BUT I will not stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge again....I think a big part of the issue was the staff at the Animal Kingdom Lodge...I will be making a report on Tripadvisor.com . and I will never tell anyone to stay there...Lori you did a great job helping us plan this special trip BUT Disney managed to ruin it. Please let your boss know as I am sure you will tell him this horror story of ours that we feel you as always went above and beyond the call of duty...This was all Disneys fault and while no they could not have predicted the water issue the way they handled every issue was very poor.Food under the bed is unacceptable. I should not have to tell them how to fix the issue of no deep cleaned sheets....nor should we have been asked "what would you like me to do?" and being offered to go to the gift shop to buy myself at their cost a tee shirt and shorts would have gone a long way in my book...BUT they never offered it...The way they handled the issues was the way a 1 star hotel would have handled it....Disney needs to re look at their cast members at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Also as a side note the Disney Bus System has gone down hill terribly. We waited 55 min for a bus to magic Kingdom and then at Animal Kingdom at 4:30 30 min before the park closed there we over 200 people waiting for a bus to AK Lodge and we waited while every other resort had had 2 buses come and go....AK Lodge is the closest to AK and buses should have come every 15 min..Just sayin we have never experienced bus waits like that. Magical....I say NOT this trip......Thanks for your help..Let me know if you need any more info like room numbers ect....Thanks Nancy

Oh by the way I forgot to add that when I went to put my clothes on Thursday am that the hotel had washed......pparently they washed everything in HOT water so most of the clothes do not fit me now...jeans are a size to small and tops that were "a little big' on me...Now fit tightly.......just wanted u to know! Most of the clothes were new before our trip....
SO what has WDW done...they sent me a check for the value of the clothes MINUS $75.00 for depreciation and while we were there they credited us with 1.5 nights of cost of room and have given us a 2 night stay in a Deluxe Hotel of our choice in a preferred room and 3 days of 1 park tickets for 4. So you ask did they make up for the mess???? Yes we are satisfied BUT wanted to write this review so that all of you who are considering Animal Kingdom Lodge BEWARE...be sure you call and double and triple check your reservations and stay on top of them for anything and every thing as it took us from Nov 16 till Jan 12 to get this resolved...Will we go back to WDW you bet...We will be going Nov 2013 BUT we will not stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge again....Going to The Polynesian this trip....we firmly believe that it was staff and management that were the issues as do the corporate mgt as this went all the way to the top to be investigated which apparently is why it took so long. So the moral...go to WDW and enjoy..BUT get what you pay for and the service Disney promises....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Nancy H
Stocksfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

My family and I stayed at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge in May 2012. Our party consisted of 2 adults and 2 children aged 7 and aged 5.
The hotel is a fantastic hotel and everything we hoped it would be. It is not the cheapest hotel on the block but I guess, in the main, you get what you pay for.
The room, although not the largest, was very well decorated with the Animal Kingdom theme and our balcony looked over on to a near by watering hole where we could see numerous wildlife.
All the staff were very good in the typical "Disney" way.
All in all a great place to be based!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family