Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
$91
$76
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
$127
$261
$191
$187
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$149
$138
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$159
Hyatt.com
$278
$212
  • Restaurant
Disney's Pop Century Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$204
Cancelon
7,370 results
All reviewssavannah viewjambo houseanimal kingdomkidani villagesavannah roomnight vision gogglesafrican themewatching the animalssavanna view roomboma restaurantthe buszebra trailafrican animalslove animalsbunk bedsbooked a standard roomthe quick service restaurant
Woodland, WA
Reviewed November 8, 2003

The place was gorgeous. Loved the animals and the decor. The only complaint I have is that there wasn't enough time to enjoy it. We were running everyday we were there. I would have loved to just spend a week enjoying the resort and not running all over Disney World! It has a great pool with a terrific slide. The jacuzzi has great jets that are perfect for the end of the day. The shuttle buses gave great service.
Make sure and go to the breakfast buffet at Boma's. It was one meal that is truly worth the money. It is great! All the employees were also wonderful. We didn't want to leave.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Medford, NJ
Reviewed November 7, 2003

I just came home today from my week long stay at the Disneys Animal Kingdom Lodge. When I walked through the doors into the lobby I was completely blown away. Everything about the place was wonderful.
African dacners and drummers songs filled the air as well as delicious smelling food, waterfalls, not to mention all the animals right outside the windows! Words can not even begin to describe how beautiful this place truly is. My room was clean and the perfect size with 2 beds and a bunk bed. Plus the balcony with a great view of the animals. I wouldnt recommond any place else!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
McGuire AFB, NJ
Reviewed November 7, 2003

Just returned yesterday from a 5 night stay. Took advantage of Disney's excellent Military discount. Wouldn't have been able to afford the hotel otherwise. From the moment we arrived, everything was absolutely beautiful. My family teased me about saying "This is amazing" so often throughout our visit. Got the souvenir cups and filled up often from morning to night. We rented two adjoining rooms with savannah views, located on the second floor middle savannah. Saw lots of animals including giraffes early morning and all evening. We had plenty of room, don't know why previous poster thought they were small. I read ahead of time that the rooms would be darker than normal but they were brighter than I was expecting. The entire experience was perfect, from the housekeeping, the views, the food, the pool, and the buses to the parks. We will be doing Disney again in 2 or 3 yrs but we won't be able to afford the AKL again. Once in a lifetime is enough and well worth the price even if it was discounted.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 4, 2003

We have just returned from an 8 night stay at AKL and found it to be everything we hoped for. Having stayed at several other Disney resorts, I would have to say that this is one of the best. Visually stunning! We had a Deluxe Savannah View Room and it didn't disappoint, although because it was on the top floor, our view was somewhat obstructed due to the trees. A lower level would provide a clearer view. All of the staff was friendly, our room was clean and we had no complaints. There are great crafts and activities for the children throughout the day, if you are not visiting a park. Great swimming pool also. Ate several times at the Mara, and it was fine, but did not eat at Boma or Jiko...didn't feel my kids would eat enough to justify the price...but it looked wonderful. With regards to some peoples complaints about the size of the rooms and the lighting level...ridiculous. There are five in our family, and we found the room to be perfectly adequate in size, and there was plenty of light. Perhaps it was a bit more subdued than in a regular hotel, but it certainly fit the atmosphere and theme they are trying to create. Overall a wonderful vacation and I would definitely recommend the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

8  Thank kjd469
Reviewed November 3, 2003

Stayed at AKL for 3 nights in October 2003. We had a Savannah view room and it was absolutely brilliant. We could not find one bad thing to say about the whole experience. Check in staff were polite, friendly, helpful and went over and beyond the expected level of customer service. Room was great , view was brilliant, pool was great.
Restaraunt was fantastic, food and service. Would definately stay there again

5  Thank leicestersusie57