Having stayed in this beautiful hotel in 2007 we couldn't wait to return. We were greeted at the gate with "Welcome Home" and on walking into the stunning reception area we certainly felt that warm homely feeling again.
It's a pretty big place so the walk to our room was long but broken up by windows and balconies overlooking the Savannah. It's hard not to stop at every one to see what animals are there. There is always something to see.
Our room had a real African feel and our balcony was a good place just to sit and watch giraffes, zebras, gazelles, ankole cattle and lots more stroll past. The maid service was excellent and any staff you might meet in the hallways greeted you with a "good morning" and a smile.
We made sure that we spent some time around the hotel as there is much to enjoy. The pool is pretty large and inviting and as the temperatures were a little cooler we enjoyed using it at night along with the hot tubs. We watched the animals through night vision binoculas and learned about the animals from the African staff that were there to answer our questions. It was also enjoyable to sit around the bonfire area outside with a hot chocolate from Mara (fast food place) and just take in the atmosphere of the place.
Our favourite place to eat (probably all-time favourite) is The Boma. Even if you don't wish to stay in this hotel this place is a must. Occassionally the staff will walk around beating drums and singing encouraging children and older guests to join in and follow. This all adds to that African experience.The food is just amazing and it gives you the opportunity to try some African dishes that you just wouldn't usually get the chance to. You can go and help yourself to anything you want. There is so much variety with every course. The desserts are to die for! We would also recommend breakfast at the Boma, especially if you are planning a long day which might not allow time for lunch. There is so much variety and again you can try something new. We would definitely recommend the Disney Dining Plan which were lucky enough to have included in our holiday price.- Your can eat so well.
Once again we were impressed with the Disney transport service which means the car can stay behind. You never have to wait long for one. Even if you see one leaving you know another will be along shortly. The Animal Kingdom Lodge is a good base as nothing is really to far away. If you are driving out of Disney it's fairly easy to get to the Interstate.
Just as the last time we stayed we were all sad to leave. We decided that we would all like to return again. Not sure when but it will have to be done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step into the heart of Africa at this magnificent Resort hotel. Inspired by the traditional African kraal, the horseshoe-curved design provides spectacular views of 4 lush savannas that over 200 hoofed animals and birds call home. Delight in dazzling pool areas, exciting animal programs and one of the largest collections of African art in the United States as you experience your own African safari adventure with a touch of Disney magic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Florida
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney Animal Kingdom Resort
- Disney Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Disney
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Orlando
- Animal Kingdom Hotel Disney
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Hotel Florida