I first visited Animal Kingdom Lodge in August 2010. I had no complaints other than the terrible bus service to and from the parks and Downtown Disney my family experienced. This visit was greatly improved. I came as a party of 4 (one middle aged adult and 3 young adults); two to a room.
The Rooms: We had standard rooms with a partial view of the Savannah and the hot tub. We stayed for six nights, seven days. Both rooms were clean, quiet, and equipped with a mini fridge and Cuisinart coffee maker. My husband and I requested a King room and were told on arrival that none were available because the King standard rooms are also the ADA rooms and, of course, persons with disabilities receive priority. (FYI - if you receive a King standard it will have an ADA bathroom). The safes in each room were extremely small - barely enough room to hold a laptop. Both rooms experienced problems with the televisions during the visit; the problems were reported and fixed the next morning.
The Restaurants: We dined at the on site restaurant Boma Flavors of Africa for dinner ($35.00 per person) and for breakfast ($18 per person) and were not disappointed with service or food quality. The Mara (food court) should not be overlooked for lunch or dinner (the flatbreads are delicious and zebra domes are located in the fridge). Breakfast, however, is not acceptable and the coffee there is just plain gross (get your milk or cream in the shop and use the coffee pods in your room). The main gift shop offers all sorts of food that you can purchase to make your own breakfasts and lunches (and save money).
Outdoor Areas: The pool area was clean and monitored by staff. There are two hot tubs; both were serviced during our visit, but were up and running very quickly after service. We took advantage of the night vision goggles offered each evening (until 9:30 pm) at the "look out" point. The staff was extremely friendly while we waited our turn to use the goggles (there are only about 4 pairs and families are expected to share one pair). Loved sitting by the fire pit at the end of the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step into the heart of Africa at this magnificent Resort hotel. Inspired by the traditional African kraal, the horseshoe-curved design provides spectacular views of 4 lush savannas that over 200 hoofed animals and birds call home. Delight in dazzling pool areas, exciting animal programs and one of the largest collections of African art in the United States as you experience your own African safari adventure with a touch of Disney magic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Florida
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney Animal Kingdom Resort
- Disney Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Disney
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Orlando
- Animal Kingdom Hotel Disney
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Hotel Florida