“A Must For Kids and Adults!”

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Ranked #35 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We had a 2-bedroom villa with a Savannah View. The view does not disappoint. There are animals to be seen day and night right out from the balcony. The cast members are very helpful and friendly. The lodge is beautiful! The only drawback is that depending on where your villa is located, it may be quite a walk to the lobby. It was well worth it! Our kids loved as well as my husband and I.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank HarlanKY
Write a ReviewReviews (7,215)

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I went there for my birthday .It was great i loved watching the animals when i went to bed and waking up.I loved meeting kid and swimming in the pool also they have nightvision goggles to watch the animals at night. the staff was night the rooms where clean and comfortable. they also have a landury room and childcare staff.and a mailroom. If you really want to see the animals they have a breaskfast and dinner safria ride but its like a $130. they Also have a free gym to use and 3 restrunts and 1 bar i loved it.

Room Tip: rooms that have a animal view are the best because some of the animals only sleep 2 hours a day.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cori g
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed at animal kingdom first night of our holiday after 10 long boring scary hours on a plane with a 4yr old who was an angel (I moaned in my head the whole time I hate flying). Got in to a huge car, drove first time in america just myself and my daughter in the dark got lost but the second I hit that security booth a big warm friendly smile was at my window explaining where I needed to go. Big hello cheery, chat and a welcome home sent me on my way to reception. I was so exhausted I was being a bit thick and confused and their patience was endless waiting for me with my paper work and confirmation etc. The second we walked in the foyer we said wow together! She had so much fun finding all the mickeys and different African animals. We even had all the lion king characters in our curtains and wall paper. The attention to detail was fab couldn't fault it. The staff throughout were friendly and happy. The entire resort was spotless! Didn't see many animals from our room but as they're allowed to roam free what can you expect? It's their choice and no fault of the hotel at all! Get up early or when it's dark and there's lots of men around to show you where the animals are and tell you whatever you want to know! The food was great staff again there bent over backwards to help as I have allergies, just one but very serious. So the chef personally went through every dish! When my little girl was exhausted and we wanted to quickly eat and go bed the lovely girls who we got friendly with made a special fuss of her to decorate her own cookie and be chef for the night to try to keep her amused! Hint-be friendly and you get it right back at you. One tiny fault is our room was, what felt like miles after a 20hr day of travelling, a very long way from reception but easy to find. I even got off at the wrong hotel one day and stopped at the village and not the resort and when I asked the concierge how do I get back to my hotel he smiled, clicked his fingers behind me and maybe 20secs later there was a white car that personally drove us to our hotel explaining it happens all the time. I felt like a rock star!! Why? I don't know. I'm just a normal, single mum on the holiday I saved for, for years. But after reading some of the comments on here I had to write and say simply how wonderful the whole experience was!! I'm saving to go back already this hotel is great. Worth every penny! Obviously the hotel isn't as close to the magic kingdom as say the polynesian or contemporary etc but you can't have it all can you? The transport is still free so no problem : )

• Stayed: February 2012
7  Thank lauraevie
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This resort is one of the deluxe resorts so it is more pricey but, I believe, well worth it. If you are an animal/nature fanatic you will enjoy your stay here. There are wild animals like giraffes right outside your window. The hotel itself is beautiful, very elegant, warm, and inviting. There were fire pits outside, a couple of restaurants, and a huge warm 24 hour pool (and Jacuzzi!). We stayed for the weekend, they treated us great!. The water in the rooms is even filtered! There are shuttle buses that take you to the parks every 20 minutes. And after a long day in the park, its really nice to go to the jacuzzi at night. There are 2 huge pools on the resort and several jacuzzis so you never feel like its too crowded. Overall if you can afford it, (look for deals) I highly recommended this resort.

Room Tip: Always ask to see if they will upgrade for free. They usually will if there is a room available wit...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank leoluv822
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Loved our room, it over looked the savanna and we could see all the animals. Different times brought on different animals. I could have stayed on my patio all day watching and photographing them. The beds were comfortable, room clean, well decorated and the view was so cool. It looked like you were in a high end hotel in Africa right on the savanna where the animals roam. The hotel was amazing with great pools, restaurants, and a very cool area you can walk out with tropical plants and look right into the savanna with a pit for fires at night. It had many authentic African pieces in beautiful well decorated lobby and the general store was great. The sites, the sounds, the staff were all wonderful. Well Disney always does it right. I will go back even though it is pricy, it’s well worth it.

Room Tip: Get the Arushi savanna view. More money but worth it
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank T W
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We go to Dinsey twice a year and most of the time stay here. There is not enough space to tell how amazing this place is. From decor, service, food and cleanliness, this place is top notch. We have never stayed in a hotel room, but have stayed in everything from a DVC studio to a DVC grand villa. They are all amazing. We have honestly never had a bad experience here, ever. Try Boma for breakfast - absolutely amazing.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hammy
Reviewed November 9, 2012

What an amazing trip!!! firstly how anyone can be disapointed with this hotel or the transportation system just doesnt make sense...... the only fault was the lighting where your wardrobe is a bit poor ..
About disney hotels firstly we never saw a miserable face anywhere. They are incredibly polite and will go well out of there way to help you. The main thing i would recommend is to get a food pass with your ticket trust me you wont use it all .It is lovely and quiet at the lodge just what you need after the hustle and bustle of day at a park . We had a savana room worth the money if you think about where the money is going ie the animals.We could look at the animals in the morning and as the sun sets they tended to drink and eat at these times but were there all day to look at. the weather was great and temp between 82 and 95 with a lovely breeze all day. Good time to go with the school still open. The bus service is incredible.in two weeks the longest we waited was 20 min and this was because someone was sick on the bus otherwise i would say about 5 min . the buses take you straight to any of the parks you dont have to stop at any other hotel except the sister which is just round the corner . The whole of disney is so clean i didnt see any litter the whole trip. the restaurants are lovely and if you see ROSE in the snack service next to the pool she is great at explaining how to use your food card. She was great and very pleasant..the pool is a good size but perhapse a few to many trees if you want to sunbathe. id go to the water parks for that.all in all dont listen to the poor reports on here they really are nit picking you will have a loverly time

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family