“Upgraded!”

Ranked #35 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Ocala, Florida
“Upgraded!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My friends and I were celebrating a reunion and were upgraded from a 2 bedroom lock off to a 3 bedroom grand villa due to some broken tile. One word: FABULOUS! The suite had a pool table, full kitchen, huge dinning table, three bedrooms (two with two queens, one with king), and four full bathrooms! View was half savannah, half pool and a little blocked by the treetops that came to height of the fifth-floor. The walk was short in comparison to our room a few years ago in Kidani Village. Bus ride to park was direct and only took 10-15 minutes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank jentlewolf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,825)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
EAU CLAIRE
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We just spent four nights at Jambo House of Animal Kingdom Lodge. It was one of the best parts of our Disney trip -- as much fun for my animal-loving daughter as the parks! We were on the 2nd floor Room 2571. Right outside our balcony were giraffes, antelope, gazelles, zebras and more. Just 40 feet away! The 2nd floor is the lowest level, so we felt really close to the animals. It was just so amazing to wake up and see the animals walking around, grazing. The whole lodge is gorgeous, with amazing attention to every detail. We even met someone who relocated to the USA from Botswana and he told us that he comes to Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and park to keep from feeling homesick for Africa -- Disney really did their research and the results are excellent. Service was fantastic. HIGHLY recommended!!

Room Tip: If you want to feel close to the animals, get a savannah view room on the 2nd floor (lowest level) r...
2 Thank MATTHEW O
Pgh PA
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We didnt acutally stay here, we had a "free" day and it was a bit chilly to swim at Art of Aimation so we used our day to visit 2 other Disney hotels for a possible future stay. I had always wanted to stay at Animal Kingdom but can't afford it (even on a sale!) I must say I was glad I got to visit and although I can't comment on the rooms here is my review of the rest of resort:

Pros: Staff = excellent! Irene from Uganda, especially, what an ASSET to Disney! Such a charming and friendly young woman! They were helpful and better than ART of Animination was.
Food = didnt eat here, but they have (I think) 4 different restaurants, the value places only offer a cafeteria. Lots of varitey & choices.
Pool = looked inviting and fun with a slide, really pretty grounds around the pool and nice hot-tubs.
Playground = really nice, we used, tucked back behind the pool, shaded, check out if you have time/kids!
Clean!!!

CONS = the whole hotel seemed too dark to me. I know it goes with the African theme but I think I like a lighter, airy feel to my resort.
Savannah = we were only there for about 2-3 hours so this may not be fair but I was dissappointed with the savannahs, hardly saw any animals and the one giraffe we saw was sooo far off in the distance. No I idnt expect to see heards of animals right close up, but for the money if I didnt see more, I would feel let-down. Maybe savannah view rooms are different, dont know.
Location - it is the furthest resort from things (expect Animal Kingdom Park) could be good or bad, depending on what you want to see while there.

All in all, glad I got to walk around, visit, take pictures but don't know if I would shell out the big bucks for here??

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MellyRussi
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Me and my other half travelled to America from the UK in September and stayed for two weeks at Port Orleans before finishing off the holiday with a week here.
This is BY FAR the best hotel I have ever stayed in. I am not one to leave complete positive reviews and will mention anything negative should I need to say it, but I honestly cannot fault it!

We arrived at Jambo House with our heavy bags and were amazed by the sheer size and beauty of the lobby. It was magnificent and had a HUGE glass viewing area I suppose you could call it! We were shown to our room (Top left trail?) quite far down but that was not an issue. We were on the fourth floor I think - two up from the main lobby if that helps. After trying for five minutes to insert my card into the grey box on the door (press it flat against it!!), we entered the room. Before we came I cheekily put in a special request for a savannah view room if they had any available - We were not dissapointed!

The room was beautiful with an authentic African feel to it, dark mahogany colours mixed with sandy yellows. The first thing that grabbed our attention were the three giraffes and zebra's standing outside!!
I have never stayed in a place like it, the novelty of having animals outside your balcony did not wear off at all! The beds were comfy, TV was large enough, bathroom was spotless - I couldn't fault it.

The pool was great, we took complete advantage of the nice warm jacuzzi's, and were invited down by some Americans late on at night to sit in the jacuzzi and have a few drinks with them.

After exploring the hotel and the viewing areas we had tea here. We were on a Dining plan so opted for the buffet which was classed as a table service - the food itself was really nice. The freshly sliced steak and mashed potato were to die for. The chicken was okay and the sauces were nice. The desserts were more of a 'pick your own' mini cake selection.

Overall I found it to be overpriced for a buffet and would not pay the amount asking. Even though the food was really nice, it was still buffet food and costed the same if not more than restaurant food. This was my ONLY gripe.

The staff they had working there worked hard into the night - the chefs all looked busy but friendly, even late on when we ate.
The receptionist that we dealt with at night was still sat there when we came down at 1 the next afternoon, still with a smile on her face.

Even when we came back from one of the parks after a long hot gruelling day, we walked into the lovely cool lobby and the first person we saw was an African (African American?) cleaner mopping the floor. He turned to us with a big beaming smile on his face, and in an almost Morgan Freeman style voice, said "Welcome home". This instantly put a huge grin on my face, as he really did make me feel like I had just come home!
If all the people in the world were like this guy, it would be a happier place.

Anybody that leaves negative reviews about this place are completely crazy and I would hate to be anywhere near these grumpy nit-picking complainers!!

I would not hesitate to stay here again and would love to spend a full holiday here next time!

Room Tip: There is no harm in asking about a free upgrade to a savannah room at reception!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ben H
Trenton, New Jersey
Reviewed November 6, 2012

very nice, very clean, the rooms were a good size, swiming pool was nice and the service was great. I enjoyed seeing the aniamls and to see how well they are maintaine. My kids were amaized to see animal in a resort. overall we were very happy and relaxed..

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lisette d
Largo, Florida
Reviewed November 6, 2012

stayed in room view with pool

the good:
hello it's Disney...
bedding, so comfy
tv good quality
pools, 2, with all you can use towels and chairs.
enough room for luggages

views...well...it is Animal Kingdom Lodge, hello giraffes...

there are plenty of space to see the animal roaming...DO NOT spend the extra $250 for the Savannah view. you have views from outside, terrasses, halways...
food, ate for breakfast at the buffet (Boma) very good, fresh
for dinner, Sannaa...fantastic indian food, fresh.

make reservation, as Animal Kingdom Lodge, is far from every thing, lots of guests eat in situ. lots of them...

the bad : well not much, bathroom was...boring...very "hotel" like
soaps, shampoos, very generic
no handheld shower, hello...
for 250$...you expect a upscale bathroom
and , well, you can hear the other rooms, up, (shower running)

would go back, heck yeah...
will i recommend, yes
i will bring my own shower products though ;)

it s a very quiet hotel, at night you can hardly hear any noise, besides animal. even kids are more silent in this place, more peaceful.
people , just hush outside, on the Arusha.

I had a hard time leaving...

Room Tip: skip Savannah or Arusha parking view is just fine, because of trees... make reservations for resta...
1 Thank AuCaPi
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Animal Kingdom Lodge is a very nice hotel complex. The staff was extremely friendly. The hotel was quiet, clean and comfortable. Food at the hotel was exceptional. Buses running to the various amusement parks ran smoothly. My only complaint was the amount of children in the hot tub. I wish a hotel of this quality would have at least one" adult only" hot tub for the older population who would like to relax and sooth tired muscles after a day at the park.

2 Thank AML848
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort
Lake Buena Vista
Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort

Been to Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge? Share your experiences!