“Hotel Amazing, Good Room”

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Ranked #34 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Bradford, Massachusetts, United States
“Hotel Amazing, Good Room”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The standard hotel rooms themselves are nice but not overly large, however everything else about the hotel makes up for that. The animals are frequently visible from your room and the African theme is fun and abundant throughout the entire hotel. The pool is great and very big with a nice pool bar. It may be the furthest hotel from the parks, but we never had any problems waiting too long for buses. The restaurants in the hotel are amazing and ended up being the biggest attraction for me on our trip. When I'm on vacation I love to have a huge breakfast and the buffet at Boma is beyond outstanding; they have a bread pudding every morning with a different sauce to drizzle/pour on top and is simply out of this world. Jiko - the Cooking Place is a fancy and somewhat expensive dinner restaurant right across the hall from Boma but was well worth the price; the wild boar appetizer is one of the most delicious things I've ever tasted. When I go to Disney again, I will absolutely be staying here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,816)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Animal kingdom resort was perfect for our family. 2 bedroom villa was very clean and spacious. Great having out own washer & dryer too! Seeing animala walking by our room all day was amazing.. Rooms cleaned everyday, staff to resort were wonderful and very friendly! Pool areas were also great. Kids had a blast. Games staff have by pool area kept kids entertained as well. Would def stay here again

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank amylee3
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed here for a week and had an amazing time. Didn't book a savannah view room and didn't need to as the one we were given had fantastic views of the animals, despite not being classed as 'savannah view'. When we checked in, they were very helpful and answered any questions we had - all the staff were friendly throughout the stay. Not a lot else i can say other than we had a great time and were hugely impressed with the hotel, would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CharlotteB1990
Rockwood, Canada
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 11 nights on our honeymoon. Sure there were little things I could complain about, we got 2 beds instead of 1 king, our fridge made alot of noise, our alarm clock didn't work properly, but the good far outweigh the bad and truly made this a magical trip. The lobby of Jambo house is absolutely stunning. I find it funny that some of the negative reviews talk about how it's too dark and dated, this is supposed to be modelled after an African lodge, of course it's supposed to look rustic, Disney does not skip out on details from their imagineers. The store is probably the best store from all the Disney hotels. Jiko was one of our top restaurants out of more then 20 we tried. Boma is also very good, one of the best buffets. We were club level guests, I truly recommend this service, not only were they able to get every reservation I wanted including hard to gets like Cinderella's Royal Table and Chef Mickey's but also free snacks and drinks in their lounge. It's such a magical feeling sitting on your bed with your special someone and watching giraffes at the same time. We didn't spend a whole lot of time in the room, but when we did, we always got to see either a giraffe, zebra, ostrich, many types of African deer, etc. Just a great hotel, hard not to love it, especially if you're an animal lover, it may be out of the way of the parks and hustle and bustle, but I think thats part of the charm to it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JayMc11
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

In short everything was excellent and it was one beautiful holiday experience....
The staff and the service was par excellence ...
The setting of the resort was really mind blogging... specially in the savanna style with animals roaming around outside your balcony...
It left us with beautiful memories....

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Kilimates
west palm bch florida
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We were apprehensive at first because animal kingdom lodge was so far from all the parks except the animal kingdom but we had never stayed and wanted a new experience. From the moment we got there I was so glad we decided to stay, the staff was very friendly and the resort felt relaxing and calm and seeing zebra's and giraffe's from your room balcony was amazing ,my tip treat yourself to a room service sunrise breakfast and sit out on the balcony and watch the sunrise and the animals , you feel like you have been transported to Africa it even has a slight smell like a wood burning fireplace it truly is amazing, the pool area and the night time movies for the kids at the pool is fantastic they can watch Disney faves while swimming . They are African story times around the fire and a marshmallow roasts and you can look around and see zebra's and giraffe's and feel like you are camping on a African savanna. The restaurant Jiko was not our favorite at all so I would not recommend it . The quick service restaurant was good but jiko and Boma just had us leaving the hotel for better Dinner options. Rooms were nice and clean and the staff helpful. I am glad we stayed but My Favorite hotel is still the yacht and beach club hands down. So a return trip unlikely to animal kingdom lodge.

Room Tip: go for the extra expense and get a savanna view that's the best part.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank stwgfam6
Nova Scotia
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is my favourite place in the world to visit. We have been there 4 times in 4 years. The savannah view rooms are worth the money and we always do concierge level which is worth the extra that you pay. My only complaint is with housekeeping I would give this hotel 20 out of 10 if it was not for the sloppy housekeeping.
I found bobby pins in the dresser from the previous guest, the dust on one of the tables was about 4 months worth and the dirty mirrors were a disappointment to see.
The hotel itself is a marvel and I cannot get enough of it, next time I book and I will go again, I will contact them and tell them I want my room cleaned to the standards of a deluxe resort.

The lobby is exquisite and you feel like you just entered Africa. It is an amazing place to visit and because of everything else it offers, I will always overlook the disappointing job housekeeping does.

Room Tip: 4 th floor savannah view, you cannot go wrong
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jjejermaster
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort
Lake Buena Vista
Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort

Been to Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge? Share your experiences!