Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$181
$157
$263
$193
$153
$208
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$137
$122
$209
$202
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$177
$137
Agoda.com
$438
$255
$274
$239
7,332 results
All reviewssavannah viewjambo houseanimal kingdomkidani villagesavannah roomnight vision gogglesafrican themewatching the animalssavanna view roomboma restaurantthe buszebra trailafrican animalslove animalsbunk bedsbooked a standard roomthe quick service restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 29, 2012

If you love animals, like animals, tolerate animals, or simply enjoy their company, this hotel is a great choice. One word of caution though; the wireless internet, free during out stay, was unworkable in our room. This is almost unforgiveable in this day and age, and even giving Disney staff the opportunity to address it, failed to result in a connection that could be used. That aside, the hotel is everything one would expect from a deluxe Disney hotel. Impressive architecture, interesting layout, and routine viewing of various animals (including giraffes) right outside your balcony. There are no elephants if you're partial to those. The restaurants are excellent, and you can self park for free in addition to parking for free at all Disney theme parks. You also have easy access to their bus transporation system if you don't wish to rent a car. The staff is attentive and accomodating. Thanks to Air Canada's inability to put an aircraft at a Toronto gate that is actually equpped to navigate through United States airspace, we didn't arrive until 3am (That's right; Air Canada boarded all passengers, then the pilot announced that the Flight Management System had to be 'updated' so they could enter their waypoints. The 45 minute advertised wait became well over an hour, and when the FMS was changed they had to update the software, which meant the then advertised 15 wait was over half an hour. They were good about keeping passengers informed, but what kind of airline fails to have aircraft ready to fly when they board the passengers?). None the less, as fate would have it, arriving in our room at that early hour should have meant sleeping in, but the hammerdrilling directly above our room woke us at 9am. A trip to the front desk saw us into another room. I don't think Disney can be held at fault for this; 9am is probably a reasonable time to start rattling the ceiling and walls; our arrival time was unreasonable. Internet connection is reliable with strong signal strenght in the lobby; not ideal but a workable plan B. If you like to use the stairs, as I do, you actually can access the restaurants in the lower floor from the second floor (the lobby is on the third floor); there is a narrow access to the lounge on the second floor whereby you can access the third floor or lower floor as you wish. If you have visions of animals next to your balcony, within reach, an electrical fence of sorts is in place about 30' out or so to prevent this (it's low to the ground and unobtrusive). If you want to get up close and personal with the animals, consider booking yourself the Wanyama Safari. This will get you and 11 others in the back of a truck to tour the property and savanna's, and meet the animals. A lot of them will be very close for excellent viewing. This safari includes food at the start, and a fabulous supper at the end and is well worth the expense. Enjoy.

Room Tip: I don't know if the poor internet connectivity was unique to my area, or room or not, but I was in 2303 which was unworkable for most of our stay due to poor signal strength.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GlampingK
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Just returned from a wonderful first trip to Disney. AKL was amazing. We had a standard room with bunk beds and a Savannah view. If you can, I would spend the extra money for the view. My boys (age 4 and 7) loved watching the animals in the morning and then again at night. The hotel was beautifully decorated and there were several places where you could observe different animals. I enjoyed sitting in the rocking chairs and watching the zebras. The staff was great and very knowledgeable about the surrounding environment. There were so many fun activities for the kids. They loved the pool and exploring the different areas of the lobby. I would recommend eating at Jiko. We all enjoyed the food and the atmosphere was wonderful. For our "quick meal" each morning we ate at the Mara. I found the breakfast to be just okay. As I would much rather lighter food (bagel, fruit, etc.) but was forced to eat the eggs, waffle, etc because the lighter fare was not included with the meal plan option. My kids loved the standard Disney waffles and had a blast drinking milk with Mickey Mouse's picture on it. I would say my only complaint was at Mara and basically was that the coffee was horrible. I guess I could have tried the coffee maker in my room, but we were always in such a rush I never used it. Some of the other reviewers mentioned there was a long walk to get to the buses for transportation to the different parks. I didn't find the walk that long, but maybe our room was closer than their room. We did a lot of walking so the extra walk to the buses did not seem like a big deal. The bus service was very good. Not sure if we were just lucky or not but we never waited long for a bus. Check in was easy, we arrived at 10:00 am and were able to check into our room right away. We were able to extend our check out time an extra hour and checking our bags and getting our boarding pass at the hotel made the trip to the airport less stressful. I would highly recommend this hotel. We had a wonderful time. Even though there are many other "deluxe hotels" I am almost certain we will stay here again during our next Disney vacation.

Room Tip: Savannah view rooms were great!!! We saw so many animals!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank carlalomb
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The Savana veiw room was fab.Pool loverly,has two hot spa,s & a Flamingo feeding pond.
you can go watch the Animals on the savana just behind the pool bar.there were cast members from Africa to answer all your questions about the wildlife.superb!!!!.

Room Tip: savana room was worth the veiw,s,but you can see the animals from lots of different places
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lanie62
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Living in Florida we've visited Disney many times. I prefer to stay on the property for the convenience & because Disney always has the best! We took this trip to see the Animal Kingdom Park & stay at this resort. The resort is so perfectly themed you feel like you are in Africa, especially seeing the animals all around. The pool & hot tubs were set in a tropical atmosphere, also. I loved hanging out at the resort, next trip I may just skip the parks & stay at the resort!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jan Marie A
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This review is of the Jambo House at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

This is a magnificently themed deluxe resort at Disney World. From the moment you step into the lobby you are transported to another world. Every where you look there is something wonderful to take in.

Some people will say a savanna view room is not worth the price, but I disagree. We had an Arusha view room and there was nothing like coming home in the evening, stepping out on the balcony and seeing four giraffes kneeling on the savanna in the "moonlight". At one time there were seven different animals outside our balcony - giraffe, zebra, ostrich, thompson gazelle, ankole cattle, okapi and roan antelope. There were other animals throughout our stay as well. It's really great to be on your balcony and take in the view.

We had a non-connecting room next to an overlook so we only shared one wall with other guests. Only once did we hear "neighbor noise" when their wake-up call sounded. I don't know if we were really lucky or not because Disney hotels are not known for their soundproofing. If you can get a non-connecting room it will help keep the amount of noise down.

The staff is very friendly, informative and efficient. Housekeeping was very prompt and professional.

I will say that the rooms are smaller than what you would expect at a deluxe resort, but they are very well decorated and appointed. The air-conditioning is the quietest I've had at any Disney resort.

I found the counter-service restaurant, The Mara, to be one of the better Disney quick-service restaurants. They have an ample selection and are open until 11:30pm.

Bus service, with one exception, was much better than I anticipated based on other reviews. On average we waited 10 minutes or less for a bus to or from a park. Only one time did we give up after a half-hour wait and took a cab to dinner.

I highly recommend the restaurant Jiko. It is a great, adult dining experience. If you can get a table in the wine room like we did it even adds to the ambiance.

The pool is a pleasure. Very well laid out. Maybe we had a low crowd attendance, but I never felt like I was packed in the pool like I've felt at the Polynesian resort. I always had plenty of room to swim and lounge in the water. They have many out-of-the-way lounge chairs in shade for relaxing and reading as well. Plus a couple of jacuzzis and a children's wading pool.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple