Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
$91
$77
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
$202
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$154
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$127
$169
$267
$212
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$239
$189
Travelocity
7,369 results
All reviewssavannah viewjambo houseanimal kingdomkidani villagesavannah roomnight vision gogglesafrican themewatching the animalssavanna view roomboma restaurantthe buszebra trailafrican animalslove animalsbunk bedsbooked a standard roomthe quick service restaurant
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Just last week I spent 4 nights in Orlando, 3 nights at a budget hotel, one night at this one. This is very interesting to look at; the lobby is astounding, the viewing areas are interesting, and the pool is excellent, but this isn't really a luxury hotel and for the price you can probably get much more luxury elsewhere. The room was much smaller than in my other hotel, not that it matters much as I wasn't going to be doing cartwheels in it, and it had a nice balcony overlooking the pool. The only bad thing about it was the "high speed internet service." First of all, they charge $10 / day for it. The second thing is that it's dreadfully slow - probably a dial-up connection. I couldn't upload so much as a single photograph, whereas in my previous hotel I could upload hundreds effortlessly. Overall, I'd recommend it to people, but with the caveat that it's not a good value.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank GuyFromStamford
Reviewed May 6, 2011

The hotel is beautiful, huge lobby and fast check in. Depending where your room is you could be walking a good 10 minutes from lobby to your room due to the way it is laid out. We were lucky as we were only about a 3min walk. The rooms are really basic for the money - however obviously the big sell is the view you get from the Savannah suites. There were giraffes outside our room each night from about 6pm - 6am. There were also a couple other animals which I didn't know what they were. Other rooms could see zebras etc but you can see all the savannahs as you walk from your room to the lobby so you will see all the different animals.
The rooms are very basic for the amount of money you are paying but you are paying for Disney and having the major advantage of transportation!
There are 3 different places to eat, one fast food style which was ok for a quick breakfast, the main restaurant which did a fab big buffet which we had a great breakfast at and their up market restaurant Jiko which we didn't have time to visit but looked really good. There is a big gift shop where you can get snacks etc too which was good. The swimming pool is really nice, not too many kids either when we were there so you could just chill out and have a bit more room to swim.
The bus service was really good as it doesn't share buses with any other hotels so you always get a seat on the bus and we never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus to or from here. It is a bit far from all the parks except AK which you struggle to even spend a full day at so it does take a while to get anywhere.
Overall we really liked the hotel but to be honest on night 3 the view of giraffes had started to wear off. It's totally over priced for staying there anything over 4 or 5 days. It's worth it for that long I would say but no more than that as the novelty will be over quite soon. We stayed here for 3 nights before moving to a moderate resort which provided much better value for money.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a savannah suite!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Applegate08
Reviewed May 4, 2011

That's what the sign says at AKL and this was our 3rd stay here. We love it and it feels like we could live there! Love the animals, the decor, the bongos, the smell of the awesome foods cooking, and the pool. The only con I can give is the rooms are a little small for the price and deluxe category. The service is wonderful. Everyone from front desk, to housekeeping to food service was kind and super accomodating.

Boma restuarant has great breakfast & dinner buffets. Big variety of foods and we got to try some new things we'd never heard of and they were great! Jiko is also really awesome. My teens loved the choices at the quick service rest. Mara. ie: chicken pita, turkey chiabatta, burgers, chicken ceasar salad.

The atmosphere here is wonderful. It's not a "stuffy" fancy place. Its just lots of natural materials: rocks, leather, wood, in natural tones. It has a very relaxed feel to the place and feels very authentically Africa. And NO , you don't smell the animals! Everyone asked us that one!
We were there a full 7 days and never tired of it. Actually we could have used just a couple more days to just stay there all day and enjoy the place w/out running to the parks.
My daughter took more photos at the hotel of the animals and the cools things around the hotel then she did at the parks! Love Love LOve Love it there!

Room Tip: Savanah view room
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank MellyJersey
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Very nice resort and area. My room had a view to the wild animal side and wow, it was great! For a moment I really though that I was is Africa, specially at night. Everyone at the Hotel was friendly, love their staff africa style hotel uniforms. Rooms are clean & service was great, I would highly recommend the concierge service for various reasons; the food and rest of the resort are expensive, specially if your traveling w/kids or family, if your categorized under concierge; pretty much there's a VIP room that gives you access to various food, snacks, continental breakfast, few cocktails/beer, all you can drink, deserts and etc. from 6am-11pm..boyy that did save us a ton of money in food!!

We also did the safari excursion, super highly recommended. Very nice and once again it gives you that feeling of been on a realistic Africa safari journey thru the wild, my whole family loved it!! I would, highly recommend this resort under the Disney category.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank RozCt
Reviewed May 4, 2011

We stayed at the AKL Jambo House for 14days....it was our first trip to disney of a family and from the moment we landed we were not dissapointed at all.

We travelled with a 9 year old and a 13month old baby and I couldnt get over how helpful the staff were, they gave us everything we needed when we needed it and it never felt like we ere ever asking for too much.

We are planning a trip back and were looking at other disney hotels but I think that we will stay at the AKL again becuase it was that excellant..

My only tip would be that we left the maid ( a man) a $10 tip on our first day there and he cleaned the room everyday to an absoulutly amazing standard....from there on we left $5/10 every few days.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family