“Great & interesting sushi combinations, ok service”

Dragonfly Robata Grill & Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Dragonfly Robata Grill & Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #146 of 4,158 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sand Lake Road West & Della Drive
Description: At Dragonfly Robata Grill & Sushi, we passionately embrace Izakaya. Serving the freshest sushi, sashimi, hosomaki, and makisushi, and pairing it with an authentic robatayaki grill fare allows us to share the true spirit and taste of Japanese cuisine with Sand Lake Road and Orlando--residents and visitors alike. If you're looking for truly unique sushi, prepared by the best Master Sushi Chefs on Sand Lake Road (Orlando) join us! We invite you to truly immerse yourself in our finest work.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I live in Orlando and have been going to this restaurant since ~ Feb 2010. Everytime someone visits (and enjoys sushi) I take them there.

The sushi is consistent on quality and presentation. Service depends on how busy the restaurant is. On all my visits, I rate the service between super to ok. Again, sushi is always delicious and fresh...and the prices are really within the menu price of other restaurants with a less sophisticated atmosphere.

Try the dragonfly sushi (~$13) and mango tango (~$11). Both are really good!

I can't comment on the outside seating but saw several people asking about the happy hour menu...i understood that the happy hour menu is only for outside seating area. We always call for reservations. Only once we had to wait like 45 min due to being a very popular Saturday night.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Went here for the (well-reviewed) food. Initially night got off to an iffy start, with a bit of confusion between servers, and ambient 'lounge' music too loud. But - both got fixed, and the evening took off from there.

The decor, btw, vibes sleek but grounded, enjoyably modern without falling into asian restaurant cliches. Multiple spaces including an outdoor area by the canal. The bar looked like a great, mellower option also.

Food was top notch and interesting - not just first-quality ingredients but presented in full-authentic style (they make a big point about 'no fake crab meat'). Charcoal grill items = fantastic.

And, if you like craft cocktails and interesting spirits, the general manager brings a wealth of passionate knowledge to bear - great / obscure selections, interesting background, ideas about which brands deserve their reputations (or not), offer good value, etc.

One of the best Sazaracs I've had.... Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I've eaten here 10 times or more. Consistently great food and great sushi and great service.
Bar is very good as well. Outdoor area is relaxing when the weather is nice and at night when it cools down.

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Dragonfly is a hip sushi restaurant. I've dined here about 10 times and I'm always happy when I leave. Sushi is really good and the drinks are satisfying. The braised short rib appetizer is so good and tasty! Sitting outside feels like your in another world. Definitely one of the better places on sand lake rd.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We had an incredible meal - a highlight was the beef on the robata grill, as well as the many sushi rolls we got through! I love sake and found the sake tasters a really good idea. Desserts weren't as amazing as the savoury stuff - wish we'd got some more sushi instead! But overall: delicious and great service too.