“Last night at Resort”

Ranked #284 of 3,897 Restaurants in Orlando
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sandlake Road
Description: This place is temporarily closed due to renovation. Voted the Best in Orlando by readers of Orlando Magazine and AOL City Guide, the Smokehouse Grill is an award-winning, authentic Southern Barbecue restaurant that provides a unique rustic atmosphere for you to enjoy some of the tastiest ribs, 21-day aged steaks, fresh seafood and more! Having discovered the secrets to great tasting barbecue, the Smokehouse Grill uses only the finest ingredients and Southern Pride smokers to slow cook the brisket to perfection for more than 14 hours and the St. Louis Style ribs for 5 hours. Start your dinner off right with a Snake Bite Martini or our popular Pina Colada, handcrafted with coconut ice cream. The breakfast buffet at the Smokehouse Grill lives up to its award-winning standards as well, serving up a variety of omelets, specialty pancakes such as Red Velvet, eggs and more, and your meal is not complete without trying our famous brisket hash. Be sure to save room for one of our decadent desserts made in-house and served fresh every day.
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

We finally made it to the Smokehouse Grill. It was our last night at Westgate. I ordered the Meat Plate for 1 and my wife ordered the chicken tenders. There was plenty of both and it was delicious. They gave a 20% discount for military which was also nice. The atmosphere was pleasant and loud. Our waitress was very nice but pushy with dessert. We will definitely return when we are in Orlando.

WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smokehouse Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2016

Thank you for your review. We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your visit. We hope to see you again soon!
Ray

Write a ReviewReviews (1,016)

Reviewed April 11, 2014

With Tonny as a server, I believe any meal would have been wonderful. Nevertheless, the blackened salmon AND Tonny's service were SUPERB! During our week's vacation, this was our most rewarding dining experience. Tonny is an asset to this establishment. He was professional, sensitive, and at attentive. Mr. & Mrs. Ranger; Round Lake, Illinois

Thank you so much for choosing to dine with us.. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Husband and I split full rack meal, delicious! We were so impressed how all of them go out of their way to be sure we are happy! They all work together. They give 20 percent military discount which is impressive. My husband loves the ribs so much he wanted to go early for lunch today but had to wait until 5. That's okay, thanks to TripAdvisor, I found another great restaurant to hold us over until dinner. Check out my other reviews for Orlando. I rely on reviews a lot so I like to give back.

Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to share such positive feedback. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I wish I remembered our waiter's name, as he was excellent. He was an older gentleman, who made sure we always had everything we wanted without being overbearing.

We shared the barbeque platter for one, and some chicken tenders. I also ordered a Caesar salad which I did not care for. The lettuce was very good, but the dressing tasted watered down. It was HUGE. (it could have been a meal for someone)

I really liked the brisket on the barbeque platter (and so did John.) The ham was fine, the ribs were good but extremely over done. (they were almost black on top, and were black on the bottom.) I didn't care for the pulled pork (it was kind of mushy to me) but John liked that it had a bit of apple flavor to it. My baked potato was ok. (why can't restaurants make a decent baked potato? It's not that difficult!) and John really liked his baked beans. The chicken tenders we ordered as an appetizer could have made a meal for someone. They were hand breaded, tender and delicious.

I had a "Smokehouse Sunset" as a drink. It was big, strong, and delicious.

This wasn't really a memorable meal, but I didn't expect it to be. It was ok for what it was, but we probably wouldn't return.

Thank you for visiting our restaurant and providing feedback. We appreciate your feedback and hope to serve you again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I went to breakfast and ate far too much as it was so tasty.There was fresh fruit and lovely pastries, omelettes made to order. The bacon was done to perfection, The scrambled eggs,potato hash, pulled pork hash and the other dishes were good enough to eat twice as well. So I did.

These guys pay attention to detail. My server was very welcoming and service was quick. Adam Lopez is a manager that doesn't only come out to deal with complaints. He makes a point of visiting each table to make sure the diners are happy. This proactive approach and attention to detail is probably why they have a packed trophy display.

I have had a taste of the ribs too which were fantastic even though they were delivered. I am heading there now as I cant wait to see how much better the ribs will taste fresh out of the oven to the table. Mmmmmm cant wait.