“Better than expected...”

Ranked #244 of 3,849 Restaurants in Orlando
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sandlake Road
Description: This place is temporarily closed due to renovation. Voted the Best in Orlando by readers of Orlando Magazine and AOL City Guide, the Smokehouse Grill is an award-winning, authentic Southern Barbecue restaurant that provides a unique rustic atmosphere for you to enjoy some of the tastiest ribs, 21-day aged steaks, fresh seafood and more! Having discovered the secrets to great tasting barbecue, the Smokehouse Grill uses only the finest ingredients and Southern Pride smokers to slow cook the brisket to perfection for more than 14 hours and the St. Louis Style ribs for 5 hours. Start your dinner off right with a Snake Bite Martini or our popular Pina Colada, handcrafted with coconut ice cream. The breakfast buffet at the Smokehouse Grill lives up to its award-winning standards as well, serving up a variety of omelets, specialty pancakes such as Red Velvet, eggs and more, and your meal is not complete without trying our famous brisket hash. Be sure to save room for one of our decadent desserts made in-house and served fresh every day.
Reviewed September 11, 2012

After seeing so many bad reviews, I didn't expect much but it was pretty good. I got the beef brisket ant it was very tender with a bit of spice. Mother and father got the half rack of ribs and they too were good, but could have been a bit more tender, but was fine. Staff were very nice. Most plates are under $25, glass of cabernet was $5. I'm sure there's plenty of other places that might be a better value, but this was close and we also had $50 voucher- 5 people ate for $130

WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smokehouse Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2016

Thank you for visiting our restaurant and providing feedback. We appreciate your feedback and hope to serve you again the next time you are in town.

There are newer reviews for Westgate Smokehouse Grill

Reviewed September 11, 2012

This was by far the worst meal i have ever had in Orlando in the last 20years! I was suckered in by the trip advisor reviews for the "Best ribs in Florida", so decided to pay a visit. On arrival I was surprised to find the restaurant was part of the hotel complex. After waiting 30mins in reception for a table we were finally seated in an empty restaurant, the warning bells were ringing but it was late and decided to order. I paid about $25 for ribs and asked to exchange the accompanying sweet potatoes for fries and was told NO i couldn't, so I got a plate of Ribs full of fat and no side which would be completely fine if the ribs were even edible but they were just nothing short of vile. My families meals faired no better and we left feeling totally ripped off. The waiter couldn't even look in the eye, as obviously we weren't the first to be suckered in and we won't be the last !

Mike L, Director of Food and Beverage at Westgate Smokehouse Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Hello,
I am so sorry your experience was not up to your expectation. I truly apology. We strive for perfection as stated in our previous comments. However, sometimes things just are not up to the guest expectations. We do purchase the best St. Louis rib we can get and smoke it in our somkers for over 6 hours. As far as the sweet potato fries we are looking into putting them on our next menu as they are very popular. I would love the opportunity to have you come in again and prove we do have the best ribs around and allow me to meet and greet you all.

Thanks so much for your comments,

Mike Lodge
Director of Food and Beverage
Westgate Lakes Resort and Spa
mike_lodge@wgresorts.com
407-271-9569

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Good pulled pork. Breakfast lunch and dinner the steaks and drinks. I loved the great service as well

Thank you for your review. We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your visit. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Great food and service, family freindly. Spent some time at the bar too, highly reccomend!
fresh BBQ, not frozen like a lot of places. Pulled pork, yum! Fresh baked bread.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

My bf and I stayed at Westgate last week and decided to check at the Westgate Smokehouse Grill. Our food was great even for a non red meat eater like myself. Our server was Helen. She was AMAZING. She was really happy, polite and I could tell you really loved what she does. She was very helpful in choosing the best thing when everything on the menu sounded delicious. The manager Adam was also a great help. He came to check on us to make sure we were enjoying our meal. I would recommend this place esp if you love BBQ. The drinks are good as well :-)

Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to share such positive feedback. We look forward to serving you in the future.