“Authentic south Indian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of India Kitchen - CLOSED

India Kitchen
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: W. Lancaster Road
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Authentic south Indian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

I had a chance to visit this restaurant on a sunny afternoon with my wife...We walked almost half a mile from the bus stop to visit this hotel. We were surprised to see the offerings on the menu...They served Dosa which is very crispy and tasty..I particularly liked Rasam. My Wife liked Chole with Puri and I loved dipping idlis in Rasam...It's a genuine authentic south Indian restaurant and is not tailored for americans. Thumbs up!

• Visited December 2011
3 Thank Sekhar01246

Oviedo, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh, awesome Chettinad Cuisine, and remarkable customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

Lunch buffet is outstanding and well worth your time and money.
Dinner is elegant, delicious, and affordable.
I travel over 25 miles and pass several other Indian Restaurants to eat here. I love the food.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank B-Rye321
orlando
“Very good food at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2010

I drove from disney to have south indian food. I planned to go to woodlands. On the way I saw the sign and went inside. The restaurant is clean and the food was excellent. I had egg kothu parotta. It was amazing and I felt eating in chennai. The price is also reasonable. Worth driving 15 minutes.

2 Thank nsm93
New York City, New York
“The best South Indian in Orlando, hands down”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2010

Wow! This place is great. It just opened summer 2010 and we discovered it a few weeks ago. Back three times for the lunch buffet since.

First, the food is excellent and authentic. The buffet usually has a meat biryani and a chicken dish, often butter chicken or chicken tikka masala. The buffet always seems to have a Kerala-style spiced catfish. These are well done.

But where the kitchen shines is in south Indian food, especially vegetarian dishes. The homemade iddly, sambar, and rasam are awesome. The chipatis also seem to be homemade, and wow they are good--just enough ghee (melted butter) to be good without being oily. I love the tamarind rice and the lentil dishes are always first rate.

They desserts also appear to be homemade--golab jamun is common, kaseri, and black south Indian style sticky sweet rice (I forget the proper name) have all been very nice.

The best part is the homemade masala dosa. Double wow! These are brought fresh to your table, one each, as part of the lunch buffet. Try it with the coconut chutney or tomato curry.

Come hungry! And don't be afraid to ask questions--the staff speak perfect English and are glad when non-Indians ask about the food, how it is prepared or what the ingredients are.

I can't really think of downsides about this place, particularly given the price. The location on OBT is out of the norm for tourists, but that's a plus in my mind. It's always jammed with Indian families--a real testament to how good and authentic Indian Kitchen is.

2 Thank Southerner-in-NYC