“Not Tasty at all !!!!!”

Ranked #473 of 3,931 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: When you visit Sweet Mama’s Restaurant, think of us as your second home. You'll be welcomed like family and served delicious, scratch-made comfort food that'll warm your soul every visit. Whether you join us for a hearty breakfast or pop in on a short lunch break, we’ll whip up something to satisfy whatever you’re craving. Our homey atmosphere extends beyond our walls, though, and our catering service will bring warm smiles and down-home cooking to your next event. It doesn’t matter if you’re a regular or a first timer -- we’ll make you feel welcome and serve you something delicious.
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was hoping that this place would be good seeing that there arent many restaurants in the area and I was also hoping that the pictures of their food that they had on their website were a good representation of how good the food would taste by the way it looked. Well I was wrong and the order of wings and the house salad that I ordered were HORRIBLE. The wings didnt look anything like they looked on the website picture and they tasted worst than I could ever imagine. After eating one I realized that I wouldnt be finishing the rest because they weren't thoroughly cooked all the way through...and the hot sauce on them tasted awful on uncooked wings. I asked for a house salad and I received shredded "Taco Lettuce" . The croutons were as hard as rocks...I asked for cheese and I didnt receive any. I asked for jalapenos and they were mushy... I asked for extra salad dressing and they charged me for it. On top of all of that they put my shredded lettuce (supposedly a salad) in a very small styrofoam box. I was totally outdone because I was really hungry, I had read a couple of good reviews on their website and I had just wasted nearly $16.00 after a tip and I was left with some awful wings and a styrofoan container full of shreded taco lettuce and croutons that nearly broke my teeth. Well needless to say I wont be wasting anymore money at Nasty Mamas...I mean Sweet Momas. If I want some good wings I guess I will have to travel all the way out to Buffalo Wild Wings. If I want shredded lettuce/ Taco Lettuce I can go to Taco Bell.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Best family style breakfast in Lake Nona or just about anywhere in Orlando. I come here almost every weekend. Very friendly service, although sometimes the kitchen can get a bit backed up during the busier mornings. Eat at the bar if you're in more of a hurry. Country fried steak, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, eggs benedict, and everything else I've tried is excellent. I can vouch for the burgers and gyros also, although I don't have much experience here outside of breakfast... I need to fix that.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Best restaurant this side of town. They have about 30 diff types of desert and the meals are from scrach a culinary creation

Lisa M, Owners at Sweet Mama's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Edgar,
Thank you for this fabulous review. We can't tell you how happy it makes us that you love our down-home, southern cooking! Please come back and see us soon — we'll have a dessert waiting for you.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were in the area for a couple days and came across this place hidden in the back of a strip mall. Thought we would try it and ended up eating here two days in a row. The food , portions and prices are great. The servers are very friendly and did a great job. The owners even came out and greeted us. Two very nice ladies. They know what they are doing. We had a gentleman server named Juan, very polite and knew his job very well. Took very good care of us. I would highly recommend this lovely place.

1  Thank WOMSWF
Lisa M, Owners at Sweet Mama's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. It was a pleasure meeting you, and we're delighted to hear you had a wonderful experience each time you dined with us. We'll be sure to let Juan know you appreciated his knowledgeable and courteous service. Hope to see you again the next time you're in the area!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Some of the Best Home Cooking I have ever had across the USA...... You name it they have it.
Great Meatloaf & all the trimmings. They have daily specials that are to die for. Just Great Down Home Cooking.

Lisa M, Owners at Sweet Mama's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Hi Larry,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We want all of our guests to feel at home here, so we're delighted to hear you thought our food tasted homemade and delicious. Looking forward to your next meal with us!