“Yum!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Claremont, California
“Yum!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Sweet Mama's is a cute, local "diner" with amazing breakfast dishes. I've only had breakfast there so can't speak for their lunch or dinner, but they make incredible cinnamon buns, huge pancakes, great eggs with cheese mixed in, and crispy bacon. Good coffee too! So glad Lake Nona has this place, since we don't yet have too many restaurants!

• Visited October 2012
Lisa M, Owners at Sweet Mama's Restaurant, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Hi Samantha,

Thanks so much for your review. We're happy to hear you've consistently enjoyed our breakfast. Our recipes were inspired by the food we grew up eating, and we try our best to put the "comfort" in comfort food. Of everything you've tried, what's been your favorite?

Looking forward to your next visit!

Best,

Clearwater, Florida
“I love this place!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

While Sweet Mama's is mostly known for it's excellent breakfast, I myself am not a morning person so it's usually dinner for me. Living in the lake nona area we have been in serious need of a local place to serve great wings and beer. Well I am here to say we finally have it! Only wish they were open later then 9pm on weekends. Other then that this place is exactly what the area needed. Try it out as you will not be disappointed.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank LIAM94
Lisa M, Owners at Sweet Mama's Restaurant, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thanks so much for your review. It's nice to hear that you don't think of us as just a breakfast place and enjoy coming here for dinner. Next time you're craving wings and beer, be sure to stop by!

Take care,
Orlando, Florida
“Great homestyle cooking and new location”
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I headed out for breakfast last week on our way to that other country restaurant and decided to turn around and give Sweet Mama's a try, which by the way is convieniently located in the Lake Nona area where we live. Well, we were pleasantly surprised first by their new location (new and clean restaurant) and second by the quality of the food. There's nothing quite like eggs, corned beef hash and home-fried potatoes with toast. Not to mention the coffee was great and they served vanilla cream which we enjoy. The service was friendly and fast, we were very pleased (and full) when we left. Ironically our friends invited us out for dinner that same evening and picked Sweet Mama's, so that was twice in one day. In summary, dinner was great too, plus they serve beer and wine which was an added bonus to our meal.

1 Thank G G
Lisa M, Owners at Sweet Mama's Restaurant, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Wow, twice in one day! Thanks so much! We're glad to hear that you and wife enjoy dining here. Now that we've moved into our new space, we can focus our attention on serving delicious food and offering attentive service. We look forward to your next meal with us!

Warm Regards,
CarolynInCT
“Curry Ford location”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Coming from the North it's hard to find good diner-y breakfast/lunch food. I was THRILLED when I found Sweet Mama's. I've never had light, thin omelettes like this and the over easy eggs are perfect EVERY TIME.
Would have given it 5* but the service is hit or miss. Mostly "hit" but every now and then it's not good. But great food and great pie!!!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank CarolynInCT
Lisa M, Owners at Sweet Mama's Restaurant, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
We're thrilled you found Sweet Mama's, too! We're so glad you enjoyed our omelets and eggs over easy. We try our best to cook them perfect every time, and we're glad you appreciated our efforts.

How do you think we could improve our service? Do you have any other suggestions for us? Your feedback helps us improve things going forward. Thank you for your review, and we hope to hear back from you soon.

All the best,
Orlando
“Really good food = sad results!”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I used to frequent this spot often because I lived close enough to walk. The food is really good with awesome special items every night.

Here's why I no longer go:

1. Through a dispute with Orange County, they now serve everything on Styrofoam plates and plastic ware. When spending close to $20 on an entree I don't want the experience of my knife going through the bottom of my plate.

2. My biggest complaint is the wait staff. I'm a minimum 20% tipper, more where I frequent often. I find the people here quite attentive and friendly if they are serving me, but if someone else is they act like they've never seen me before.

Thank you for your review back in April. We're so glad that you love our food, but we're disappointed that you no longer choose to eat here. As you mentioned, for a few years we were required to serve our food on paper plates due to a dispute with our landlord. Luckily, we have recently moved to a new location and will be able to use real plates and silverware when we reopen in a few weeks!

We're also sorry about your experience with our wait staff. We try our best to make every diner feel comfortable and valued. Thanks very much for this feedback. We will certainly improve on this front, and we hope you give us another visit.