“Fun time had by all!”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #171 of 3,919 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Vineland Ave.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I left the kids with Grandma and went out on our own for evening away. We chose Benihana over another local restraunt because we felt we could trust a National chain over a local one. We've been to this location 2 years ago and it hasn't changed much. Saturday night can be busy so arrive early and plan accordingly. Since we only had two in our group its actually harder to seat us as most come in groups and they usually wait to seat you with other small groups. We sat in the bar area and had some sushi and a drink while we waited and soon our name was called. We sat with 3 other couples and had some good conversation once everyone opened up a bit. My wife is from Canada and I'm from the States and it turns out another couple had the same set up. She was also from Canada and happended to be a teacher. Another young couple sitting across from them were from the same town as that couple and she was also a teacher...small world so it was fun. I had steak and scallops and my wife just had scallops. The scallops were the only dissapointment of the night. Sushi was good as was my steak but scallops got overcooked just a tad but the dipping sauces helped that. My steak was awesome and the soup and salad were very good. We skipped the included desert because we simply couldn't eat another bite. Dinner starts with soup than salad and than come shrimp for everyone as appetizer and fried, white or brown rice if requested. You also get fried zuchinni and onions if you want them. Overall the price is very good for what's included so take that in to consideration when you sit down for your meal. We had a great evening out and the only other bummer is they no longer make huge flames at your table. Perhaps someone got hurt? Don't know but it wasn't a deal breaker and our chef was entertaining in other areas. Next time we're going to take the whole family.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,192)

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Visited Dec 2012, waited around 15 minutes for a show table & was joined by 5 other people. Food was great & portions very big & was suprised by a sparkler ice cream dessert as a congrats for me & my fiance (after wed mentioned we were recently engaged). Found it to be one of our dearest meals but location very handy to the Sherton across the road.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We went last night, a group of 10. We had a 7:00 PM reservation, we arrived on time and were seated promptly, despite a packed lobby! I would suggest that for the 1 minute it takes to call ahead, reservations are worthwhile.
We were greeted at our table by our server, she did a fantastic job at explaining the menu and was very pleasant and efficient. Our Chef was great, he kept us entertained through-out the meal, portions were very large. We had a variety of dinners, steak, chicken, lobster, scallops, shrimp and sushi, everyone was pleased with the quality. As a follow up prior to leaving, we were greeted at our table by the Manager which was a nice touch.

1  Thank Scott M
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was an amazing experience. We went for my birthday this past weekend. We had a 7pm reservation and we arrived slightly early adn decided to sit in the lounge area. No sooner had we ordered Sake, our grill table was ready.

Our Chef was Cyrill and was funny and entertaining. Our waitress was lovely as well. The show was a lot of fun!

The food was amazing. I had an egg Sashimi for an appetizer and my husband and I had the Chef Special which was chicken and Filet minion for two. It came with a delicious onion soup and a salad with ginger salad dressing. The filet melted in your mouth as did the chicken.

At the end of the meal they brought us ice cream and mine had a candle and whipped cream on it. They sang happy birthday to me and then sang something in Japanese. it was a riot.

I highly recommend this place. They have happy hour as well with some good specials and a sushi bar in the lounge. Worth at least one visit. We plan to go back many times.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had one of those really great experiences where we were seated with a family with similar aged kids and they bonded immediately. The service was good, the food was decent and the staff made an extra effort with the kids.