“STUPID CORNEY JOKES, FUNNY, ENTERTAINING, GOOD FOOD” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Treasure Tavern Orlando
Ranked #11 of 71 Concerts & Shows in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: Treasure Tavern is an un-rivaled one-of a kind dining experience. Cirque, burlesque, comedy, magic music and upscale dining come together to create a grown up experience that's rowdy enough to get you going, but classy enough to bring a date! Enjoy a delicious 4 course dinner menu of: Cream of vegetable soup, follow by mixed green salad with olives and blue cheese crumbles. Beef Tenderloin served with fresh asparagus with hollandaise sauce and loaded mashed potato for main course. Dessert is Opera cake, a delicious coffee chocolate dessert.Treasure Tavern is the perfect place for celebrations, special outings, a romantic dinner, date night, company events, and more.
HOWELL, MI
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“STUPID CORNEY JOKES, FUNNY, ENTERTAINING, GOOD FOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

I was just at the Treasure Tavern on 7/31/2010. I had no idea what to expect, but found the entertainment (the comedians) to be quite stupid but funny. I found myself laughing more than I thought I would. There is even a period where they ad lib some stuff and that was pretty darn good. The performers, of which there is a great variety from magic to contortionists, was overall really good. As for the food, it was quite tastey, though the service is during the show, and seemed to be quite slow. The location is good, off International not too far from Universal. Overall, the experience took about 2 hours 15 minutes. I wouldn't go back, but strongly recommend it for 1 time affair.

3 Thank OUILEY

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2010

Went there on Saturday with my friends, we had a wonderful time. Best part of the show was the acrobat couple, they're unbelievable! The comedians were great as well. Go there allowing yourself to have a great time, and you will!

1 Thank AdamJM84
Orlando, Florida
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“Treasure Tavern is Different Than Pirates Dinner Adventure (in a good way)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2010

Being an old grizzled veteran of all Orlando' major dinner shows and having been to Pirates Dinner Adventure (PDA) in Orlando multiple times (for free on my birthday twice and utilizing a paid FL resident special once), I was highly skeptical of their new Treasure Tavern (TT) dinner show to say the least.

After reading about the new show in the Orlando Sentinel and Orlando Business Journal newspapers, I 'friended' Treasure Tavern on their Facebook page run by their paid Orlando public relations consultant. To spur attendance at the soft opening shows, they have been giving away tickets and offering highly discounted tickets on their FB page. On Treasure Tavern's website they have been offering anywhere from 25 - 50% off the posted ticket price of $49.95 for dinner and show. There is a 'show only' ticket (no dinner) available for $24.95.

Treasure Tavern was gracious enough to offer me two tickets for $14 each (including tax). This enticed my wife and I enough to attend an 8pm Saturday night show, July 17. I found it funny that the couple at the table seated next to me had bargained with the box office eventually getting them down to a ticket price of $19 each to enter. Who says Orlando isnt a negotiating bargain hunters paradise?

Many people have complained about the add-on parking charge for Pirates Dinner Adventure ($2 recently I believe). I dont know if PDA is still charging this fee as I never pay to park there (I enter the lot from the rear gate bypassing the gate attendant). Supposedly there is no charge to park for Treasure Tavern although I dont know how they determine who is attending TT or PDA shows or if there is a seperate parking lot just for TT.

Signage needs major improvement for Treasure Tavern. My wife and I went to the main PDA ticket window and almost waited in line with PDA attendees as there was no one outside to direct the crowd. Only after waiting for 5 minutes did we see a small directional sign stuck in the grass for Treasure Tavern (TT box office is located on the oposite back side of the PDA building around the corner of the PDA box office).

I thought the $14 ticket offer was a fantastic deal however upon arriving at the TT box office to pay for my tickets I saw a sign informing me that a $5.00 mandatory 'dinner gratuity' (per person) would be added to my check. Ouch.

Be aware this is how TT is avoiding the much despised PDA 'gratuity' plate at the end of the show. You pay upfront for service, whether it's good or not. Anyway I got lucky, I think they only charged me for one 'gratuity' as my total balance was $31 for two people. Since I had cheap tickets I didnt quibble about the fee. Trust me Treasure Tavern, many will.

Upon entrance I expected small portions of cold food doled out by detached waitstaff with bad attitudes assigned too many people to serve. I expected no refill of drinks nor ketchup, salt or extra paper napkins to be delivered while straining to hear an inaudible show with horrid dialogue. I expected tons of small children in attendance swinging $20 plastic pirate swords at my head. I also expected the 'recommended' tip (gratuity) plate to be shoved at me upon conclusion of the show.

Much to my delight, I experienced none of these things at Treasure Tavern. What a complete and different atmosphere. I didnt think it could be done but the creators of Pirates Dinner Adventure have created the best dinner show in Orlando for adults.

Let me start with the important part. At TT no one under 18 is admitted. Small children not welcome, therefore no need to sell light up trinkets or a gift shop.

Second, you are greeted by a heavily made up 'rum girl' in a frilly dress showing lots of leg. I had no oppostion to this however my wife was a tad offput by the rum girls attention. You are offered one small 'complimentary' watery but tasty rum punch drink upon entry. A good drink sampling strategy as it worked on me (I purchased another for the show).

The only optional items I saw for sale were the obligatory picture taken as you enter (I was late so they didnt take mine, I wouldn't have purchased it anyway) and the souvenir drink glasses ($17 for a drink in the glass with $8 refills, WOW). There was no attempt by Treasure Tavern to 'upgrade' my meal in any way as seen at PDA.

The entire interior atmosphere is totally different from PDA. TT seats 240 people instead of 900 at PDA. There are actual small tables that seat up to 6 people in a group and real chairs instead of bleachers. Silverware and glasses adorn the table with a real cloth napkin. The wood paneled interior is very cozy and warm unlike the cold musty smelling massive pirate ship 'dome' set of PDA. There is a bar in the back of the room, a small stage that rises and lowers in the center of the room and in the corner a keyboard and drummer combo play live during the show along with prerecorded music and sound effects. I wil say that the angle of the tables placed toward the stage is a drawback as I had to turn sideways in my chair for most of the show to see. If you go, ask for a table near the center of the room away from the exits. Your neck will thank you.

My very attractive rum girl 'Opal' quickly arrived and took our drink order, took time to explain the drink options and could not have been nicer, no attitude whatsoever. I attribute this in part to the newness of the attraction but I hope the great attitude I saw continues a year from now by the staff (ive encountered some surly types at PDA).

The big difference is the rum girls are actual performers in the show as opposed to being only wait staff. They are expected to be positive and remain in character the entire evening. This is also the only problem I saw with the show. The rum girls are called upon to be on the stage many times during the show keeping them from delivering food and drink to your table. This should be changed. There are male wait staff in black outfits that deliver food to the table and take away plates. I think the rum girls should only serve drinks and not the food as they have too much to do during the show. Maybe TT will change this in the future.

The show runs just over 2 hours. It started a little late (8:30pm instead of 8) and finished by 10:30pm. I think they were trying to fill the room up with more people. After the show is over the rum girls bring you your drink check and the cast dances and interacts with the crowd. I saw people dashing for the exit as the show ended and a manager in a suit was on top of them seeing if they had paid their check.

Anyway onto the show. What a complete 360 degree difference from the PDA show. A woman named 'Greta' strolls out and is the 'emcee'. She sings and welcomes everyone. The show is perfectly amplified, not too loud for the room either. The rum girls join in also. There are two rowdy old sailor puppets that make fun of Greta off and on during the show, which in my opinion are totally unneccessary since there are no children present. TT needs to can the cheesy puppet show, now.

Be aware since this is an 'adult' only dinner show there are multiple male anatomy jokes along with Greta pretending to reach down cast members pants so if you're taking your pastor or your church group is thinking of attending you may want to reconsider. The humor is bawdy but not blatantly offensive.

Greta introduces the performers in the show. Let me say the talent that TT has assembled eclipses anything next door at PDA. There is a comedy troupe of 3 men and one woman (pretending to be a ditzy rum girl), an acrobatic duo from Russia I believe, a female mongolian contortionist (amazing) and an older magician man and woman duo featuring the woman changing dresses multiple times. All the performers were very entertaining. Kudos to TT to step up their game from the fighting and trampoline stunts in use at PDA.

The dinner currently includes a small salad with your choice of dressing served individually on a plate to you not poured out of a watering can. The salad contained feta cheese and lettuce other than iceberg. Very nice.

To my chagrin, no creamy vegetable soup is served (which amazingly is my favorite over at PDA). Be aware that dinner does not include a drink (beer or soda) as is custom at PDA. Drinks other than tap water are an extra charge at Treasure Tavern. Surely for $49.95 a drink can be included?

Greta and the rum girls sing about each dinner course which lets you know its coming. The main entree is an 8-ounce prime rib (no choice about how its cooked) with 'loaded' mashed potatoes (meaning bacon pieces and sour cream is mixed into them) along with steamed asparagus spears with cheese sauce drizzled on top.

Prime rib is my favorite cut so I loved the meal. Yes it could have been served much warmer but im not complaining. I didn't have to ask for salt or pepper as it was on the table. The cut of meat was good, not too much fat.

Dessert is a small piece of 'opera cake' consisting of chocolate mixed with cake. Sure beats the raw piece of dough mixed with melting ice cream found next door at PDA. I was not offered coffee with dessert as I would have liked due to my rum girl being on stage.

During the entree portion of the meai the cast takes an intermission (the comedy troupe does come out and do a skit). You are given ample time to finish your meal and are not rushed. Greta (after a costume change) strolls around the room interacting with the audience also.

After dinner the show continues. After the show is over the rum girls bring you your drink check and the cast dances and interacts with the crowd. I saw people dashing for the exit as the show ended and a manager in a suit was on top of them seeing if they had paid their check. It took a while for our final check to appear. I didnt need to watch the cast dance after being with them for the better part of two hours.

All in all, I think its a very good evening out for a couple, which after Downtown Disney's much-loved Adventurers Club closed two years ago, is sorely needed in Orlando.

One final thing that TT needs to change: their website says 'Dress code smart casual, no shorts or tank tops please'. I actually wore long pants and a dress shirt (which I never do anywhere in Orlando). After being seated, I observed many people in attendance in shorts and tank tops. This dress code will never work in tourist town Orlando. Surely TT will not refuse anyones money if they are wearing shorts so good luck with that in the future TT.

If you are seeking an alternative to a movie and dinner you should try out Treasure Tavern, a great night out with live entertainment. Just watch the extra charges and you'll be fine. Dont pay parking, skip the souvenir glasses and remember you already gave your 'gratuity' at the door.

14 Thank Floridaroadtrip
now Orlando
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Good Show, Good Food, Good Time!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

Very good evening. The show was very funny and you have to go with a good attitude and get involved. The food was very good and the staff is very friendly and nice. The only thing I suggested is that the designated driver get non-alcoholic drinks free. The entire night was worth the price and was a good time. I would recomend it for a guys/girls night out or even a corporate mens event when hosting clients. Good Show and I hope it is around for a long time.

St.Petersburg, Florida
“What a fun evening-can't wait to go again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2010

We made the trip to Orlando through heavy traffic and heavy rain...we had so much fun at Treasure Tavern, I would go again tonight if I could!!! We were entertained from beginning to end!!! "Gretta" was a HOOT as she led you through the show FULL of comedy, great dancing, unique "cirque" style acts, and a yummie Prime Rib meal!!! We had a blast!!! I recommend it!!!!