“Definitely recommend Lakeshore for a relaxing vacation!”

Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve
Ranked #4 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 19, 2010

We went to Lakeshore in July for the first time since it's grand opening earlier this year. It was one of the most relaxing and enjoyable vacations my family has ever taken. From the wonderful accomodations to the lazy river pool it really was great. The staff at the cabanas provided wonderful service as did the hotel staff as well. The prices in the onsite market place were very reasonable which was a welcome change! It was far enough away from the Disney attractions when we wanted to spend a lazy day at the pool but close enough to all the parks! Definitely would recommend Lakeshore for both families and couples.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve

Reviewed October 14, 2010

We were 6 guests total, 2 teen boys, 1 pre-teen boy, 1 one teen girl as a guest, plus mom & dad. We own both an RCI and an II timeshare and we enjoy to trade out and stay at different resorts. This was an II exchange. This is the 5th different suite/condo style resort that we have stayed in and am sad to report it ranks 4th on the list.

We do not own with the Marriott. Marriott owners are treated the best, which is the way it should be.

RESORT - is brand new, so the rooms are in perfect condition. It is right near a busy road, and even though our room in the Messina building faced the pond/lagoon and not the road, we still heard the traffic noise loud and clear while sitting on the deck. Cannot imagine how loud it is on the road side.

POOL ~ Wonderful pool, here the resort shines, never crowded, is a lazy river SHAPE, but it is NOT a lazy river, the flow is WAY too slow, it is fun and interesting nonetheless. There are 2 hot tubs and 2 side-by-side slides that are fun for the first 5 or 6 times.

UNITS - We were in the smallest 2b/2b floor plan, and let me emphasize SMALL. Our 2b2b hotel room at Royal Park Suites was bigger. If you are used to hotel rooms, this will seem big, if you are used to resorts, this will be on the smaller size to you. They waste a crazy amount of space with a Lock-off hall in a none-lock off unit. Floors are carpet instead of tile, we prefer the tile.

SUPPLIES:
PT
1 clothes detergent
NO conditioner
NO lotion
Had to ask for more trash bags
TIP ~ we finally tried those detergent & softener all in one sheets and where surprised that they did really well, plus you can bring home what you did not finish & save for your next trip.

KITCHEN/LIVING/DINING - Kitchen is an ok size, but the dinning & living room are in an area that was only as big as most of the other living rooms where we have stayed before.

MASTER BEDROOM - Again the smallest I have ever had, I had to move a small chair from next to the bed in the master so I could open the night stand drawer. There is way too few drawers. The bathroom is a fine size, but the closet is not very big, it is also right in the bathroom. Do not care for this. The shower with the 2 shower heads is cool, but really, no jetted tub, you got to be kidding me. That is one of the biggest treats with being on vacation, using the jetted tub after a long day at the parks.There is no tub in the Master at all. Not a smart plan. KING BED & PILLOWS ~ comfy.

BEDROOM #2 - 2 comfy queen size beds, not fulls, but true queens (bugs me when a place calls full size beds queens), but one of the beds was smashed against the drapes, so the kids had to take turns sleeping on the drape-side and room-to-walk sides of the bed. It is a queen size bed, but really only designed to fit one person since you can only enter from one side of the bed. Drawer space is a joke! Had to get extra hangers to hang up items that would normally go in draws, and we pack light!

STAFF - Facilities and pool staff fantastic. Front desk, professional and snobby. I called the resort at 8:45 a to let them know we were in town, and ask if we would head over, we were told that we had indeed gotten the beautiful poolside room that they assigned us, check in was at 4p, the room would be ready by then if not sooner. We could use the facilities until it was ready, NICE. When arrived 15 minutes later the room mysteriously malfunctioned and was not going to be ready after all. I said no problem, we'll wait, we have shopping to do and we do not mind if we check in later so we can keep the pool side room (we arrived at 9a.m. and where willing to wait all day), I was then told a part had to be ordered in... okay, may we (buy) up to a larger unit? the answer "ABSOLUTELY NOT!!". You'd think I was a kid asking of I could pull the fire alarm at school. Well I felt appropriately admonished! We were assigned our new room, but it still was not ready either. We hit Wal-Mart. I told my husband about the "ABSOLUTELY NOT!!" comment, so when we got back, he came in with me, attitudes of the staff where much better. They rushed to get our room ready early so we could put our melting ice cream away ~ that gets a big BRAVO & thank you! It is interesting what the presence of a man can do to the attitude snobbish women.

JW MARRIOTT ~ This is the nicer of the 2 pools, bigger & hotter hot tubs, bigger, warmer and more interesting slow-lazy river, great staff. Since we were 6, we drove our own mini van, we parked behind the JW near the gold club house, walked over the bridge right to the JW pool, it was perfect!

NOTE #1 - It got easy to tell which guests where Marriott owners and which where not. We none-owners seemed to be friendlier towards the pool & facilities staff and toward other guests. As none owner guests began visiting, we all shared notes on the various stories we were told on why we did not get the rooms where were told we would,etc. ADVICE to Marriott, we do talk, don't tell stories to non-owners, etc, just tell the truth, we are not stupid. Plus you may end up making us want to become an owner when you share with us the perks of picking our rooms before others!

NOTE #2 - We asked Lakeshore room's assignment, just as we had done with Lighthouse Key Resort, if we could "buy" up to a 3 BR, but were told that is..., and I am quoting here, "illegal". I was told this exact thing TWICE, so no error on my part. I am still waiting to be arrested for having bought-up to the 3 BR at Lighthouse Key Resort, but no police have shown up yet.

I would not recommend this Resort to a friend. Why? there are resorts with bigger rooms, friendly front desk people, more flexible with room up-grades, etc. They may not have the Marriott name, but maybe that causes them to work harder! It's not about the name, it is about the experience and how you are made to feel. Sorry to say, they get a FAIL.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank LadyFan55
Reviewed September 28, 2010

Check in was a breeze and had no problems but my check in day was Sunday and we didn't get there till Monday morning so that could be why also. They do put on a little bit of a hard sell to get you to go to one of there timeshare presentations but we declined and didn't get bothered again. We got a 5th floor 2 bedroom villa which was fantastic. They are all 5 floors high except for the 3 bedroom townhomes.

They do supply you with soap and dishsoap and detergent for the washing machine but very little and they don't give you anymore. You will have to buy it. They don't supply any softner either for the dryer. They might replenish this if you get the maid service which we didn't. No salt and pepper or anything like that either. These were little things but nothing that bothered us as we went out and bought some things.

Lazy river was really nice and warm. Could just jump right in and not worry about it being cold or chilly. There are about 6 cabana's and they are free and have fans that you can use. Also go check out the JW Marriott down the road a bit. You can use there facilities for free and they have a great pool/lazy river.

Lots of things within 10-15mins of the Lakeshore Reserve. Publixs, Walmart, Super Target, Malls. Oh one other thing was we had a bit of a hard time finding the Lakeshore Reserve to start so if you are going down its at John Young Parkway and Whisper Lakes.

One thing i found strange is that on your balcony there is no light. So you can sit out at night but couldn't read or play games because it was too dark. Also on the 2nd to 4th floors they have ceiling fans on the balconies but not on the 1st or 5th floors.

I can't wait to go back again. We are already talking about taking our family and our daughter back next time. You will love this place!

Reviewed September 25, 2010

I want to start off by saying I’m very critical, I usually notice every little thing that could be better. Having said that, I really did love this resort, and wanted to purchase the Townhouse/Villa we stayed in so I could live there. If you’re interested in pictures, please see Joline121’s photos just below.

My fiancee and I took our summer vacation in the Orlando area to see Disney, Discovery Cove, and Kennedy Space Center. After looking around at many different timeshare options she found the brand new Lakeshore Reserve. She was a bit hesitant to book it due to the fact that it was so new; no pictures had been posted yet. Once we got a little more info we decided to exchange my folks timeshare (it was gifted to me as a present) to try this one. It was more than worth it.

Upon arriving we got checked in quickly and found the way to our room. It was a 2-story, 2-bedroom, 2 1/2 bath townhouse/villa. Everything looked new, and when I say new, I mean some things didn't even look like they had been touched. The resort opened in June. Upon entering the room, there's a 1/2 bathroom directly in front of you. Turning right (or left depending on your room) you’re looking at a nice sized kitchen which flows into the living room/dining area. Beyond that are two glass sliding doors which lead out to the patio; this was the only part of the room we felt was arranged awkwardly, the couch and end table were directly in front of the sliding doors, so it was difficult to open/shut and lock them.

Upstairs to our left was the master bedroom with a king size bed and master bath. The master bath had a good sized walk-in shower, his and her sinks, and a small but adequate separate room for the toilet. Turning right as you hit the second floor was a guest bedroom with two queen beds and a guest bath with the standard amenities: tub/shower, sink, toilet, and full length mirror on the back of the door. This bathroom had two entrances, one from the hallway and one from the guest bedroom.

Everything was very nice, the colors used were great, the blinds in the windows would block 100% of the outside light, and there were 3 flat screen TVs all with DVD players (living room, master bedroom, guest bedroom).

As for the rest of the resort: the pool was awesome! There were many points of entry and it wasn't a pool it the normal sense, it was more of a lazy river with plenty of room to spread out, and it was heated! There is an entrance that I would liken to a beach without sand, it gradually gets deeper, this seemed to be where the kids stayed; the deepest it got was 5 feet. There are 2 hot tubs around the pool area, one decent sized one, and a bigger one, both very nice; however the temperature of the water seemed to vary by the day. The resort wasn't busy so the pool was very relaxing, and the people we met there were very friendly (both staff and guests). There were two waterslides separate from the pool; one was faster and it surrounded you making it completely dark inside, the other was slower and open to the sun. They were fun, but you could feel every seam of where portions of the slide were joined together, this was almost painful to me. I will mention you can get some great pictures of the pool area from the top of the slides. The theming around the pool area was perfect, palm trees everywhere, and perfectly landscaped lawns. The resort had a marketplace with all the essentials and some food options at resort prices. There was also a Pizza Hut Express which we didn't try. One thing they sell are inflatables for the pool, which they'll inflate for you, but I'd recommend checking out WalMart only a few minutes away, you'll find them cheaper there. Having something to float on in the pool would've been very nice; next time we’ll bring or buy something. There also a workout room which we could see from the pool area, but never made our way up to. A bar/cafe sits a few steps from the pool, it was a nice little place, but again we didn't try it.

Of course being a timeshare, they want to sell you on the Marriott Vacation Club (or whatever they call it). They tried a number of times to get us to hear their spiel. We finally agreed when they told us we’d get $70+ dollars to spend at Disney. However, when they found out that I didn’t make $75,000 or more per year, they didn’t want anything to do with me.

A couple things I noticed, that many guests might not, remember I said I was very critical:
-the soap dishes and tissue box covers were very cheap plastic
-the toilet paper was thin
-the grout between the tiles already had some good cracks in it, mostly noticeable in the master bathroom where the floor met the wall (this may have only been in our room)
-a couple of the sink fixtures were loose
-the free wireless internet didn’t always work; they said they knew of this problem and were working to fix it.
-there were 2 light switches that didn’t seem to do anything
-the light in the locked utility room never turned off
-there was black “stuff” (not sure exactly what it was) on the walls of our patio. It looked like it just needed to be sprayed down with a hose.

Although I’ve mentioned some negatives about this resort I would like to finish by saying, if I could return tomorrow I would! It’s a great resort, and maybe the newness has something to do with it, however I loved it and feel that it made my vacation that much better!

2  Thank ianwaldecker
Reviewed September 19, 2010

We just got back yesterday and we are trying to figure out a way to go back again! We had a two story, two bedroom villa. We just kept thinking how do we just live here forever. Loved the pool/lazy river. So relaxing and since the resort is brand new it is not very crowded at all. We walked over (they also have a shuttle to take you over if you want) to the JW Marriott to check out their facilities, we walked back to ours since the JW was crowded and we were looking for some piece and quiet.

The rooms are fully equipped for what you will need for a weeks stay or longer. We had 2 1/2 bathrooms (1/2 downstairs and 2 full ones upstairs). Master bedroom had king bed and the other bedroom had 2 queen beds. Beds were comfy and plenty of pillows to choose your stiffness. We liked the over-sized master bathroom shower. Each room has new flat screen tv's with dvd players. We obviously watched the tv and had plenty of channels to pick from, did not try the dvd player. Most of the things in our room looked like they had not even been used yet, not one crumb in the toaster.

We did walk through the bar but did not purchase anything, looking around at what others were eating, looked tasty but we mostly ate in our timeshare after getting groceries at Wal-mart (which is less than 5 minutes away, Publix and one other grocery store we found were less than 5 minutes away as well). They also have a Market Place and a Pizza Hut Express on property, and again we did not buy anything from there. Market Place had groceries but were overpriced like most resorts.

Recommendation: this resort has a lazy river, bring your own floaty in your car/luggage. Seemed that most people bought one at the Market Place and the Market Place will gladly blow it up for you but they charge double than what you would find at Wal-Mart.

The only problem we had but did not bother us since we were on vacation was the internet was never consistent, one morning it would work and later that afternoon it would not. We did mention to the front desk staff and they stated they knew of the problem and were working on it.

Overall, amazing resort and cannot wait to go back!!!

2  Thank joline121
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Our stay was great! Clean, fun and a 5 star resort. The beds were comfortable to sleep in. Our family had a great visit, the staff was pleasant, attentive and available. Rooms were top of grade. We will be back next year. Convenient to everything.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Travelingismythang
Reviewed September 3, 2010

.My family and I travel almost every year. Last year we bought a duplex villa at Lakeshore Reserve in Grand Lakes. One of the Marriott properties. We spent a week there in August from the 19th.This place was all it said it would be the scenery, the service, cleanliness, facilities, activities and of course the shopping. It was home away from home. No one wanted to leave especially our grand son who is 6 years.It really was worth the money spent on it. We have booked for next year already.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family