“hard to fault.”

Ranked #4 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
reedy creek queensland
“hard to fault.”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

It would be hard to find fault with this resort. just wished that we could have booked for the whole two weeks as we lost almost a whole day moving to another resort. It was clean and very comfortable and the pool and leisure facilities matched the adjacent Ritz Carlton which we could share if we wanted to, but never felt the need to.

Room Tip: We had a three bedroom townhouse on the edge of the resort which was very quiet but i suspect they a...
1 Thank jackiepatten66

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Laurel, MD
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We have spent 8 out of the last 10 years at the JW Marriott in Orlando for Thanksgiving so this was our first year as Vacation Club owners, and our first year staying at Lakeshore Reserve. Our family of 4 spent six nights over the Thanksgiving holiday. We had an easy checkin with Kristen and stayed in the Palmero building The resort is small but very beautiful and well maintained. You are close to the pool no matter where you stay because of the size. We had a 2 bedroom unit. The second room was actually a lockoff with a king bed, pull out sofa, small table/chairs and kitchenette. Our teenage boys (13 and 15) felt like they had their own mini apartment. The other side of the unit had a room with king bed, master bath with the largest walk-in shower I've ever seen, separate soaking tub, and double sinks vanity. The full kitchen is very well equipped with all you need to make basic meals. They provide plenty of toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, dish detergent and dishwasher liquid in the room. The pool is well designed, and the fitness room is extremely well equipped.

The cons - there are very few activities for teenagers. They advertised pool volleyball but we never saw it. On Sunday and Monday it seems they have organized fitness classes (Zumba, Dance to Sweat, etc) but most days are nature walks. They should spread the classes to more days. Blossoms - the poolside restaurant - does not have servers who come around the pool taking orders. If they did, it would probably drum up more business. One day I went to order snacks and drinks for the family. There were 3 people including me and the server/bartender felt "overwhelmed because there were so many people." She was really nice but extremely slow. Also, we considered having Thanksgiving dinner at Blossoms but didn't because it's an outdoor restaurant and it was chilly outside. They may consider adding some heating fans for evenings when it's cool. Also, I asked about having midweek room service and was told by a front desk clerk it wasn't available. I know as owners you don't get daily service but I was willing to pay for a mid-week touch up. I was disappointed that this was not available. The concierge is only available from 8am to 4pm. Brister is very nice but I felt that he was more about having us increase our vacation club points than giving us tips on things to do in the area. Last thing, our unit was directly across from the unit they use to show those taking the tours. This meant we heard the voices going in and out all day, every day. I would definitely request not to be near the "demo" unit next time.

It's different than staying at the JW but overall a great resort for quiet and relaxation.My husband and I would go back if it was just the two of us. However, we will try Grande Vista the next time we go back with our boys.

Room Tip: no room service. limited options at pool bar. no additional room service available for owners.
3 Thank DMS1908
essex
Reviewed November 28, 2013

we just returned from a 14 night stay at this property and cant praise it highly enough,
We had a 2 bedroom suite which was spotless ,quiet ,comfortable with a lovely view of the golf course, Lake and pool area.

The pool ,with lazy river and 2 water slides were great for kids and adults alike.

The grounds were very well kept and was a pleasure to stroll round the lake to the JW Marriott & Ritz part of Grande Lakes.

Being able to use the facilities at The Ritz/JW Marriott is a bonus.

Lakeshore reserve is a smaller scale property compared to some of the huge resorts ,but we liked the size, there was always plenty of empty loungers at the pool area and not over run like some of the larger resorts.

All staff members we encountered couldn't do enough to make our stay a pleasurable one.

We really enjoyed our stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay at Lakeshore Reserve again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank essexguy
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We have stayed at this property numerous times and this stay had more problems than all the other stays combined. It started at check-in. We arrived around 2030 on a Friday and when I went to the front desk there was no one there. I could hear someone talking in the back, but I could not determine if they were on the phone or talking to someone else in the back. I waited a few minutes, but no one ever came out. I then said "hello" loudly and the person who came out appeared to be from engineering and asked if he could help me. I told him I was checking in. He said he would get someone to help me. Someone came out a little bit later. She was quite friendly and gave me a map, parking pass, etc. She said I was good to go. I told her she didn't give me any keys. She apologized and said it had been a long day.

The next morning we discovered that the stopper in the wash basin was not working properly, and the safe was not usable. I called the front desk early in the morning to let them know so that they could be repaired. We returned to the hotel around 1400 and neither had been repaired. I called back to the front desk, I received an apology, and was told someone would be there to complete the repairs. About 15 minutes later two people from loss prevention and two from engineering showed up. I think whoever took the call in the morning did not put the request through as I doubt that both departments would forget to show up. The safe was quickly repaired, but the two gentlemen from engineering were confused as to what needed to be repaired in the bathroom. They were told it was the tub instead of the basin. Once I showed them they were able to make the repairs.

This property does not allow any late check-outs, something I'm not used to with my status (Platinum Premier) in Marriott Rewards. Check-out is 1000. I'm not sure why check-out is so early and no late check-outs are allowed because housekeeping always comes late in the afternoon. Most of the time we don't have the room serviced as they show up right after we get back from the parks/pool. They do offer to hold your bags if needed, and have showers to use in their locker rooms. Usually the locker rooms are clean, but this time there were clumps of hair in both showers in the ladies locker room. After I used the facilities I went to the front desk to let them know that the showers needed attention, but once again there was no one at the front desk. Had to call out for someone and they came out apologizing. If you are going to frequently not have anyone at the front desk you need to have a bell.

We usually aren't pestered about taking the tour for the vacation club, but this time I received a call at home. The gentleman was friendly and I could tell he was "buttering me up" to try and get me to go on a tour. He asked if I collected Marriott points. I almost laughed... Obviously they do not know their audience. If you are going to call and pitch people you should know if they are Marriott Rewards members. My husband stopped in the lobby to look around and the vacation club representative started asking when we arrived, etc. Then he wanted to know if we were interested and we said no. He didn't believe us and kept asking if we weren't the slightest bit interested. When someone says no, accept it as a no.

All those issues aside, this is a very nice property. This is one of the few properties we stay at when in the Orlando area. We really like the pool area and enjoy floating in the lazy river. We always stay in one of the hotel rooms which has a kitchenette - microwave and mini-fridge. We stay in a king room and there is a sofa sleeper, but if someone is going to sleep on that it would be very cramped. Parking is ample and there is complimentary WiFi.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank UOtterTravel
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is the fourth time we stayed at Lakeshore Reserve in the past 2 years. It is a condo complex associated with the JW Marriot. Our 2 bedroom condo was clean. The pool is awesome! Staff is very friendly. The pool is never overly crowded, mostly older couples and families with kids, but it is so big you can spread out and never feel crowded. The kids activities are really great each day. I love the paved trail that goes around the hotel to run or walk. We ordered food several times from the small bar area at the pool and the hamburgers are really good. It is about 20 minutes from Disney World, maybe 25 minutes from the airport. Close to shopping, restaurants. Mall of Milenia is really close. Sea world is maybe 10 minutes away. I will def stay here the next time I go to Orlando and I know my sister who stayed with me this time is staying there again when she travels there in February.

Room Tip: I have never really had a bad room. The place doesn't have a lot of late night activity so its p...
3 Thank Ldb9446
Hernando, Florida
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Going again in December for a couple nights..can't understand bad reviews..definitely one of the classiest places..clean, new, beautiful landscaping, small and easy to maneuver. Lazy river is picturesque ..it is a quiet resort..if your looking for huge, this is not the place for you.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kimberly w
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed in a two bed unit using interval timeshare and were very pleased.

Prior to arrival we received an e-mail enquiring if we had any specific requests, both of which were met.

On arrival we were checked in by a friendly receptionist who was very efficient and also advised us of the various activities and on site amenities.

The apartment was spotless and well furnished and throughout the week we enjoyed the beautiful pool which always had friendly staff in attendance.

What a gem, cannot wait to return!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business