Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve
$123
$111
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$199
$219
$172
$247
$212
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$166
Travelocity
$394
$313
Hotels.com
All reviewsjw marriottthe ritzlazy riverwater slidesbedroom townhousejohn young parkwaysmall propertygrande lakesmarriott vacation club ownersping pongpool areacorn holezero entryshuffle boardscheduled activitiesthree bedroomfull kitchen
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Lakeshore reserve. The two bedroom appartment was perfect for our family. very quiet and peaceful, ideally located. The only negative was the caterpillar infested balcony due to the low hanging trees. If i went again, I would ask for a top floor appartment. otherwise very good place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights with the kids (5 and 2 years old) and this hotel is perfect as it is not far from the parks and you have a nice pool and playground for the kids.
The rooms were very good, new, the kitchen has everything we needed and everything working.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank piuric
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Last week my wife and I stayed at the Marriott Vacation Club Lakeshore Reserve and were quite disappointed with several things that happened.. We received an e-mail about a week before arrival requesting our approximate arrival time. It was stated this was due to the possibility we would not be able to check in at the normal 4:00 PM time (all vacation club are the same). We called because this was upsetting and eventually worked our way to the General Manager of the property whose name is James. James politely explained that due to the complex issues he had with all the different room configurations the rooms were often late being cleaned. When I pressed him on why, he told me that it was because he could not get the prior occupants to leave the room. I would think this is a management problem and not a customer problem. Not having a room to check into would cause me to suffer the consequences. This needs to be fixed before I would consider returning to Lakeshore Reserve!

My sister-in-law and her husband were sharing our 2 bedroom villa and on the first morning the conversation worked its way around to the toilet paper and how coarse it was. We determined that you get a better quality and softer toilet tissue at the local service station. First this should NEVER be a conversation in a unit that costs near $300 a night and second it should not be an issue at any Marriott property. My wife called the assistant to James to explain the issue and Sharon said she would investigate because “we were all learning together” on this issue and let her know what she learned. We have been home now for 4 days and we are still waiting. As a service it would have been nice if Sharron had purchased a quality toilet paper from a local grocery store and had it delivered to our room while she “investigated” the issue. My guess is the investigation will lead to the profitability of James’ bottom line.

The next thing we encountered was the lack of hot water. Both couples complained that the second one to take a shower would have only cold. Again I think this is a profitability issue and the temperature has been set to low so the tank runs out and takes a long time to recover. I called James to discuss the hot water issue and he said he would be happy to investigate. It was the day before we were to leave so we declined and I used the showers in the men’s locker room in the reception building which by the way did not run out of hot water.

Overall I would say that Lakeshore Reserve has a management issue that should be investigated.

If you check into this complex during a rain storm wait as the door to the villas is unsheltered from the elements and you need one free hand to use your pass key to release the door lock all while you and your belongings are getting drenched. This is another issue that should be investigated and have an awning placed over the door entrance as shelter. Simple enough fix but you guessed it – it requires money. I have mentioned this to the Marriott team on property twice now, with no apparent interest in customer satisfaction.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank BillC808
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of Marriott’s Lakeshore Reserve. I regret to hear of the service issues you experienced and the lack of follow-through from the resort team. This is not typical of the guest experience at our resort and not we would appreciate the opportunity to personally address your experience. At your convenience, please contact our Customer Care team at customer.care@vacationclub.com or by calling 800-860-9384. We look forward ot speaking with you soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

A tropical paradise, perfect for families, excellent service, totally beautiful! Loved the lazy river, the water slides, the 2-bedroom unit, just right for our family of 5. Lovely vacation! JR Marriott & Ritz-Carlton adjacent, just a golf-cart trip away!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pamela L
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed at this lovely resort for three nights. We had a town home villa that is very clean and nicely decorated with an awesome kitchen. Great amenities both at Lakeshore and the J.W. Marriott next door. The pool was so very relaxing and clean. The resort staff is very friendly and helpful. We have been Marriott owners for several years and stayed at many of the resorts in Orlando. Lakeshore Reserve is a more low key property on beautiful and peaceful grounds. There is also a concierge on site if you need assistance with planning activities, etc. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family