“Great Vacation”

Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve
Ranked #4 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My family and I have just returned from our vacation in Orlando. We decided to stay at Lakeshore Reserve after reading the reviews and also because it has three bedroom units. There were a total of 4 adults and 6 kids in our group.
1. The rooms were spacious and beautiful, we never felt crowded.
2. The kitchen was large and functional.
3. The pool, slides, and playground were great.
The resort is more suited for adults but there were plenty of activities for the kids. We checked out ten but used the resort until five. The locker rooms were spotless and towels plentiful with both a sauna and steam room.
I would highly recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Frank H

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We just stayed the other day at Marriott’s Lakeshore Reserve resort. It is a beautiful newer hotel on a property called the Grande Lakes- the same location where the JW Marriott and Ritz are also housed. It is only a few minutes drive to pretty much most of Orlando, including the tourist areas (I-drive).

The lobby at this property is huge and very well decorated. It makes you feel very comfortable. Jada helped us check in. She couldn’t have been more helpful or friendly. She described all of what there is to do on the property, where everything is at and even gave us a list of activities happening at the resort. I know some people mentioned that you cannot check in until after 4pm but we got there around 3-3:30 so I suppose it just depends on which room you get.

I really would like to rate this property better. I stayed here based on all of the TripAdvisor reviews but it fell short of my expectations for a Marriott property (I have stayed at many Marriott’s over the years). There were a lot of great, great features but our rocky start to the stay kind of has me confused about I feel about the stay.

Our room was in the Messina building. We had what they call a “luxury villa.” It had to be one of the most beautiful rooms I have ever stayed in. It was so thoughtfully and tastefully decorated. I felt like I was in a room that cost way more than I actually paid. Our room had a king bed, mini kitchen and pullout queen sofa. (See pictures). However, our room was on the first floor with a wonderful view of the parking lot. I made our reservations back in August. I requested a higher floor on multiple occasions. I don’t see why this request shouldn’t have been fulfilled with this much notice. We had a room in the front of the building right next to the front door and elevator. To top it off, our little corner area where our room was at was the only area with tile floors outside the room, instead of carpeting. Let’s just say we heard even the slightest noise. When we walked into the building, we were greeted by about 10 loud construction workers leaving. Not a big deal since they were leaving. Not so. Sitting in our living room, all we could hear was tile being chiseled in the room upstairs- something that should have been done earlier in the day before guests arrived. Also one of the previous guests thought it would be funny to go around and put the parental lock on all of the TVs in the suite. The front desk sent up an engineer who tried his hardest but could not ultimately figure it out. So we only got basic channels. My concern is I called the front desk and was told there was nowhere else they could move us, nothing they could do- even with all the noise and non-working amenities in our bottom floor room we asked not to get. The bathroom was very well decorated as well. Granite countertops and the works. I know this resort is new and all but they need to get some new cleaning supplies or something because the fixtures and grout is showing a lot of wear and discoloring for being so new.

We decided to forget about all that and just go and hang out by the pool. Thank goodness for this pool and its lazy river. It is somewhere where you can go and relax and forget everything else. Though the lazy river is not as big as the one at the JW Marriott next door, it is still just perfect. The water is kept warm throughout the day and was great to visit both during the day and at night. The spa was pretty nice too. My favorite part was getting a drink from the bar during happy hour and just floating away down the lazy river. I would definitely recommend heading over to Walgreens or Wal-Mart and buying an inflatable tube there as they are kind of pricey at the market place.

Another favorite part of the resort was their gym amenities. It was great being able to work out the next morning after a large dinner the night before. They have a bunch of new machines, all typical with what you would find in your home gym. The greatest part was the steam room and sauna. Those are so great after a workout and you don’t often find those at hotels. Their locker room were also nicely decorated and first class.

Checkout at 10am is different and I’ve never seen it so early before but at least it is a good reason to get your day started early. It’s not so bad though because they offer to hold your belongings as you are still able to use the facilities all day after. My room key stopped working around 8 am and I was not able to get back into my building so I almost didn’t get to use the pool again before I left though.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again! I truly did enjoy it with the exception of a few hiccups. My only hope is that these issues have been worked out by the next time I stay. I hold Marriott to higher standard than other resorts and that is what is expected of them. Til the next time…

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve villas. We especially loved the beautiful lazy river pool and the separate pool with water slides for the kids. It's near a JW Marriott and Ritz Carlton both with nice restaurants. About a 15 minute drive to Disney and Universal -- it was a lovely place to return to in the evenings for night swimming. The villas are clean and very nice - perfect for families with a kitchen and washer/dryer. Would recommend!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The property is beautiful, and nice overall but the staff are a big letdown. Check in took well over an hour. Imagine waiting for your room to be ready for over an hour with 2 kids after a 4 hour drive. It makes no sense that it should take so long when I have a reservation. Every transaction at the front desk takes forever. Getting new keys took over about 40 minutes. Housekeeping is very inconsistent, one day the will clean well, the next they won't. They left the trash outside my door overnight. They brought me towels with stains on several occasions.
Now with all that said I would probably still come back next year but I wish it was better.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank thetravelpatrol
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The Lakeshore Reserve is on a large property that also includes the Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes and the JW Marriott Grande Lakes. These hotels are spread out, but you can easily walk from one to another using the brick walkways provided. Although the Lakeshore Reserve is primarily a vacation resort for families, I used it as a hotel while attending a conference at the Ritz-Carlton. I was very pleased because, after Labor Day, it was quiet and charming. The Lakeshore Reserve is made up to several 3 to 6 story villas surrounding a spacious, lazy river-type pool. Unlike the other two hotels it has free parking and free internet. It is important to understand that it is not really a hotel so it does not have typical hotel services, such a room service. It does have a small, mostly outdoor restaurant and bar. It also has a little store. You can walk to the restaurants at the JW Marriott and the Ritz. During peak periods it is likely to be filled with families with children. Sea World, Universal Studios, and other attractions are a short drive away.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Richard M
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We had a fantastic stay here, although it was only for one night before our return to Montana .. one of our best 'hotels' experiences! We had a king suite, so our son slept in the living room on the sofa bed, but there was plenty of room. Very large 2-door bathroom, large 1 bedroom, nice kitchen & nook, nice living room and a patio, on 3rd or 4th floor of one of their many buildings. Hotel in seemingly remote area with lake behind it (alligators & snakes?), lots of tropical foliage, Ritz Carlton a long walk across nice grassy areas (they also had a lazy river water park which we'd have liked to try if had stayed another night), very nice walking, and a very large lazy river, 2 water slides, grass game area, lots of lizards & frogs. We had to buy tubes for the river from the hotel and they were low quality; after we checked out we found out there was a Walmart and other shopping stores we could've purchased the tubes or other 'toys' only a couple miles away. Very nice areas to relax between the buildings and near the river. The locker rooms were also useful and well maintained. Even though check-out was too early (10a), they left us use the facilities the rest of the day. We loved this place!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ClarkCreek
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Loved the place! Stayed in the two bedroom two and a half bathroom townhome. Granite top counter tops, above average kitchen appliances, and comfy beds also. Very spacious and clean for families. Staff was awesome and always had a smile on their face. Called the front desk for something and they called back to make sure I was satisfied with the service. Stayed at this resort in late August and place was never crowded. Very convienient location to Sea World, Disney World, and Universal Studios. Hate the toll roads in Orlando though! You would think the city is making enough money from tourism and didn't need to tax out of towners to drive on the freeways. Marriott Lakeshore is also a few minutes drive to supermarkets, restaurants and International Blvd where all the tourist action is at. Free parking and free internet is always great too. Hate paying for stuff that should be free. Grounds were very clean and landscaping was well manicured. My only complaints are: 1. Lazy river is way too slow! It takes about 30 minutes to get around the pool if you don't paddle your floatie. In that hot Orlando sun I was baking after 30 minutes. Floaties should be free also!!!! Stayed at the JW Marriott in Phoenix in April and their lazy river was moving swiftly around the pool area and the floaties were freeeeeeeee. 2. I Checked out of the hotel very early in the morning and the night shift front desk clerk said Marriott Lakeshore accepts checks to pay for the hotel room but he didn't know how to put it in the computer?????? I had a credit card on me but it would have been nice to write a check because I do have cash in my bank account. Didn't let the last two things ruin my stay there though. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family