“Perfection for a family vacation”

Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve
Ranked #4 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed August 7, 2011

The service was amazing. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived, my husband wasn't feeling well and they gave us another room to use until ours was ready; they did everything possible to make certain that we were happy.

The villa was great (2bd/2bath) - I loved the kitchen, the layout (bedrooms upstairs so that they are quiet even when there is a lot of activity downstairs), washer-dryer in every room, etc etc. It was fully equipped to make meals or just bring in take-out. We have family in the Orlando area and it was wonderful to be able to invite them over for a BBQ and have plenty of room to entertain - there is a large patio, yard, grill area. We were not able to get the 3 bdrm villa but we had plenty of room (4/5 people).

The location is wonderful - close to Sea World, Universal and less than 10 miles from Disney. My ONLY complaint is that they don't have FREE transportation to Disney attractions (is there another hotel or TS in Orlando without free transportation to Disney???). It is necessary to rent a car
The pool was beautiful and perfect in every way - the kids loved the (very) lazy river, waterslides and the small pools all around. It was very restful for me, too - you can get full sun or shade and the view is amazing. You are able to use the pool at JW Marriott but we all liked the one at Lakeshore better (just take a look at the photos).
I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the small lake next to the property. I went for a run/walk every morning and then relaxed on a bench by the water - very tranquil and a great way to start a busy day.
We are owners and I could not be happier with the property. We can't wait to get back.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Lkshorfamily
There are newer reviews for Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve

Reviewed July 24, 2011

I'm a Lakeshore Reserve owner and love the property. (I also own at BeachPlace Towers in Ft. Lauderdale) In my opinion, and my experience with, the General Manger, James -- he has little, to NO concern for his owners or guest. We were robbed, July 18, 2011 at approximately 5:35pm in villa 9208. (My 19th anniversary) The robber approached our neighbors villa, but they were home and he walked away. he approached another neighbors villa, she approached him, and said, "Can I help you?" he said, "excuse me, I have the wrong villa." He knocked on another door, the owner was a Sheriff from Cincinnati, Ohio. He asked him, if he ordered a pizza. The robber didn't have a pizza. The sheriff immediately call the front desk, told them there was a suspicious man on the property and they need to alert security immediately. The robber was a black man, dress in a blue work shirt with dark work pants. We are not sure if he came through our front door or the back door because the front door didn't shut properly, and the back slider also wasn't closing properly. he got approximately $7000 worth of electronics, purse, wallet and a watch. The GM, James -- was very gracious, he said to me numerous times, "let me know what I can do for you to make your stay better." Let me tell you what he did, NOTHING!!! he never called to see how we were doing, never offered to buy us dinner. (I did get a $12.00 pizza, ice cream the night we were robbed, thanks to the loss prevention or security team, not MR. --) We didn't have money or cc's for 3 days because of the computer, I-pad and the two wallets with credit cards, debit cards and check books. He did offer to move us to another property. He wanted me and my children off the property. he is by far the worst GM or manager I have ever met at a Marriott property. He doesn't care about his guest, he just gives lip service and does NOTHING!!!!! I don't believe I have ever had a worse week in my life, and GM, Mr. James -- did absolutely NOTHING to try make our stay better. If this was my first impression of Marriott I would run and never look back. However, I have been an owner since 2004 and Mr. James -- does not respresent "the Marriott Way" I want to thank the Vera Bradley outlet store in Orlando for giving us discounts on the large duffle bag that the thief used to put our stuff in, a small wallet and a new purse. They did more, and showed more compassion then Mr. James -- and his staff at Lakeshore Reserve where I am an owner.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank Jbird62
Reviewed July 16, 2011

The whole family agrees that this place just is awesome. We did Disney a couple of days we stayed here. The days we stayed on the resort grounds we had fun and was able to relax at the same time Great pool area and rooms are nice too

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I thought this resort was nice but on the small side. They had a nice lazy river and two nice slides but I thought they should have had a regular pool as well. The studio that we stayed in was very nice and clean but I felt it was also on the small side. It consisted of one king bed, a pull out couch and a sink, small frig and microwave. In general, I thought the room was on the small side. I peeked in the windows of the 2 and 3 bedrooms units and I thought they looked very nice.
I thought the location was good. Close to SeaWorld, Disney and I-Drive. I don't know if I would use my timeshare week and stay here for 7 days because I thought overall, the resort was small. I think I would prefer to stay at Harbour Lakes or the Grande Vista.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2011

This resort is elegant, we got a spacious apartment, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, kitchen, dining room, and livingroom . Everything was provided for the one week stayed. Just bring in your personal items. A near by supermarket will help you to plan your family meals. We enjoyed the pool and the bar as well as the personal services. Every attraction was with in 5 to 12 miles. Call the resort before you leave home to get exact driving directions. You are not going to be dissapointed!

Room Tip: The resort offers garden, pool,, and lake views
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MarylandGinger
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Positives: Beautiful resort. Beautiful Pool area.
Negatives: Very hard to find, even within the complex (signage is horrible.) Teensy, tiny room. Studio was not even as big a normal room at Hilton, Marriott, Gaylord, etc. Could barely get around bed. For location and price - inexcusable. Very far from the parks - when driving there, my husband and I both started to worry that we had missed it vice Marriott Harbour, Marriott Grande Vista where you feel like you are still in civilization. Walls so thin they we actually left because the crying child next door felt like he or she was in our room. Sofabed was unsleepable. Even our 4 year old complained - "Mommy, bed is ouchie."

Marriott has better (even though older) timeshares in the Disney/Orlando area. We will not be returning to this one.

Room Tip: Not for families with toddlers
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank ckhbrodt
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I hated leaving the Marriott Lakeshore Reserve this week. We were only there for two days but it was wonderful.

We traveled with four adults and two kids age 3 and 11 months. Having a kitchen with a washer and dryer was essential. They even provided detergent and we easily acquired more upon asking for it.

The pool was the best part for the kids. The zero-depth portion was our favorite. Our kids were too little for the slide but we saw many other kids enjoying it.

The temperature of the pool was perfect for younger ones. We had to buy our own floaties, but it was worth it.

The grounds were meticulous and the service was great...everyone was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2011